The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
I'm feeling confident about some (mainly German, maths, RS and physics, but there are others) but I would also never feel confident about others (English lang and lit). It also doesn't help that I procrastinate so much when I have school, so revision isn't really happening for me right now :s-smilie:

Between leaving school and starting 6th form I'll be going to London for a few days which is exciting :biggrin:
I'm also doing NCS which takes up 3ish weeks which should be really fun.
For the most part though I'll just be relaxing, hopefully enjoying the weather and getting out and having fun with people rather than having to sit at my desk and revise for hours!

I'm going to NCS as well. I'm starting from the 11th of August.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I'm going to NCS as well. I'm starting from the 11th of August.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find out when yours is? Or did you only pick one slot?
Original post by brainzistheword
I'm just curious - how are you all feeling about the exams considering there is under a month for most of us?

And also, what do you plan to do when you have such a long time off before college? :smile:

In feeling pretty nervous! Especially as I recently got my sixth form offer and I wanna get in soooo badly
After exams i may be doing this uni course if I get in and then going to Jamaica and Miami! Then I come back just in time for results day and sixth form equipment shopping

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you find out when yours is? Or did you only pick one slot?

I only picked one slot because I might be going to the LSE summer school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I only picked one slot because I might be going to the LSE summer school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok that makes sense, I picked quite a few dates as I really wanted to get a place!
Oh ok that makes sense, I picked quite a few dates as I really wanted to get a place!

I see. I've already got confirmation for that place. Have you not received any yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see. I've already got confirmation for that place. Have you not received any yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been accepted into the programme apparently but I haven't been given a date yet. Did they directly tell you that you've got those dates?
Original post by nisha.sri
I'm feeling ok but it depends on the subjects :smile: For most of them i'm ready but i'm deffo not ready for English Lit. What about you?

Before going to sixth form, i'm planning to read a number of books because since year 9 i haven't read much books which saddens me also work experience and maybe going to France but it's not confirmed and finally i'd like to research a bit about the subjects i'm planning to take for a-levels.
You?

Aw it's a shame reading has taken a back foot for me too, which is something I want to get back into :smile:
Original post by sahra30013
Depends on the exams I'm having. RE, maths, use of maths, history, health and social care and science I'm quite confident about,However, for both Englishes I'm worried as this is one of the subjects I struggle on and for ICT I literally know nothing as my teacher is rubbish.Well I plan to work part-time and volunteer so I can be productive. Also, catch up with shows I'm missing during exam season. :smile:What about you?

That sounds like a good plan and I know absolutely nothing about ICT too - my teacher only told us about the info last week :s-smilie:

I'm feeling confident about some (mainly German, maths, RS and physics, but there are others) but I would also never feel confident about others (English lang and lit). It also doesn't help that I procrastinate so much when I have school, so revision isn't really happening for me right now :s-smilie:

Between leaving school and starting 6th form I'll be going to London for a few days which is exciting :biggrin:
I'm also doing NCS which takes up 3ish weeks which should be really fun.
For the most part though I'll just be relaxing, hopefully enjoying the weather and getting out and having fun with people rather than having to sit at my desk and revise for hours!

That good and English seems to crop up for most people - but a least you'll have a long time to relax afterwards :smile:

I have the chance to sign up for NCS but I'm not sure if Ishould do it or not :smile:

Original post by typicalstudent1
In feeling pretty nervous! Especially as I recently got my sixth form offer and I wanna get in soooo badly
After exams i may be doing this uni course if I get in and then going to Jamaica and Miami! Then I come back just in time for results day and sixth form equipment shopping

Me too! What do you need for sixth form grades?

Ooh Jamaica and Miami sounds lovely!! :smile:

As for me, I'm completely stressing - it hit me the other dyay that exams are so close :s-smilie:

I don't feel confident for most of my exams and always fret that there will be something I haven't covered.

But on a more positive note, I look forward to the break and being able to look ahead to A-Level. I want to take up learning Mandarin again as I postponed it for GCSE, and I want to do lots of creative things which I used to do and miss at the moment :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
Aw it's a shame reading has taken a back foot for me too, which is something I want to get back into :smile:

That sounds like a good plan and I know absolutely nothing about ICT too - my teacher only told us about the info last week :s-smilie:

That good and English seems to crop up for most people - but a least you'll have a long time to relax afterwards :smile:

I have the chance to sign up for NCS but I'm not sure if Ishould do it or not :smile:

Me too! What do you need for sixth form grades?

Ooh Jamaica and Miami sounds lovely!! :smile:

As for me, I'm completely stressing - it hit me the other dyay that exams are so close :s-smilie:

I don't feel confident for most of my exams and always fret that there will be something I haven't covered.

But on a more positive note, I look forward to the break and being able to look ahead to A-Level. I want to take up learning Mandarin again as I postponed it for GCSE, and I want to do lots of creative things which I used to do and miss at the moment :smile:

Ikr i used to be a book worm in year 9 and now i don't even read many books which is sad but i will read a lot during summer :smile: Same here i think i'm getting stressed nowadays mainly because i look at my calender every night and it's sooo close. It's like as if they were tomorrow :redface: Don't worry Zoe you will be absolutely fine :smile: Trust me :wink: It's good to hear your wanting to learn Mandarin :biggrin: Hope you have a good summer and good luck in your exams!! :tongue:
Reply 2029
Hey guys, I'm seriously lacking in motivation, any tips? Or even revision tips to get started?
Original post by urC9
Hey guys, I'm seriously lacking in motivation, any tips? Or even revision tips to get started?

Hey there,
For motivation try writing down a list on what you want to achieve also look at the amount of time you have which is sooo little it makes me cry :frown: - exaggeration :biggrin:
I'm no help to be honest but if you check out with others i'm sure they would be glad to help :smile:
UPDATE 21/04/16
It's getting closer and closer to exams. It frightens me that we have such a short period of time :s-smilie: I never used to feel really really stressed but now i'm feeling the stress :redface: Didn't get a lot done because of my mocks tomorrow for Chemistry and Maths.

1. Past paper questions on Psychology 1
2. Chemistry past papers : Managed to do 3 past papers and i got A* on all of them - proud :biggrin: although there were some weaknesses that I went over.
3. Chemistry Weaknesses : Fractional Distillation, Hydrogenation, Low carbon steels , Muller Urey
4. Maths questions
Hey Guys,

I've just gone over all the topics for Physics and Biology. I also went over the past papers and testing myself using the questions. I'm quite confident with the sciences.

However, I've been doing some French reading papers today and I am struggling with some questions because I've never even seen some of the words being used. How do you guys revise for French or a language ? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Havent done as much revision at home this week because Ive been focusing in my art test next week thursday.I have been making noted in class and at lunch so tht is good.This weekend I am hoping to revise for english,rs and biology.

Once the art exam is over I feel I have a lot of weight off my shoulders.
(edited 8 years ago)
Managed to do more revision today:
-Spanish - Present tense
-Spanish - Preterite tense
-History - The German Revolution of 1918
-History - The strengths and weaknesses of the new constitution.
-RE - Unit One (Short Course) - Key Words
-RE - Unit Two (Short Course) - Key Words
-RE - Unit One (Long Course) - 1/2 of the Key Words
-Maths - Writing recurring decimals as fractions
-Maths - Using rules of indicies
-Maths - Proportion
-Maths - Circle Theorems
and I managed to do my maths homework :smile:
Original post by ellamoon_22
Havenr done as much revision this week because Ive been focusing in my art test next week thursday.This weekend I am hoping to revise for english,rs and biology.

People in my school are also having the art exam how weird :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
-Spanish - Present tense
-Maths - Proportion
-Maths - Circle Theorems

WOW well done hannah you've done a lot !! Keep up the hard work :tongue:
Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 21/04/16
It's getting closer and closer to exams. It frightens me that we have such a short period of time :s-smilie: I never used to feel really really stressed but now i'm feeling the stress :redface: Didn't get a lot done because of my mocks tomorrow for Chemistry and Maths.

1. Past paper questions on Psychology 1
2. Chemistry past papers : Managed to do 3 past papers and i got A* on all of them - proud :biggrin: although there were some weaknesses that I went over.
3. Chemistry Weaknesses : Fractional Distillation, Hydrogenation, Low carbon steels , Muller Urey
4. Maths questions

Well done Nisha!! And yup it's getting shorter and shorter. Good luck in your mocks tomorrow I hope everything goes well :smile:

Hey Guys,

I've just gone over all the topics for Physics and Biology. I also went over the past papers and testing myself using the questions. I'm quite confident with the sciences.

However, I've been doing some French reading papers today and I am struggling with some questions because I've never even seen some of the words being used. How do you guys revise for French or a language ? Thanks.

Well done - and for languages I do exactly what you've just done, and when I come across new vocab I just note it down and keep going over it so it sticks and I build up the bank of words I know :smile:
Original post by ellamoon_22
Havent done as much revision at home this week because Ive been focusing in my art test next week thursday.I have been making noted in class and at lunch so tht is good.This weekend I am hoping to revise for english,rs and biology.

Once the art exam is over I feel I have a lot of weight off my shoulders.

Don't worry, focus on your art :smile: And good luck for it :biggrin:

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
-Spanish - Present tense
-Maths - Proportion
-Maths - Circle Theorems

Wow you've done a lot this is excellent :smile:
Hey Guys,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do French to and I usually revise by learning vocabulary using memorise. Also, by doing lots of past papers. What exam board are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending