The Student Room Group

Switzerland Suspends Citizenship process for Muslim Family

Scroll to see replies

Excellent news, all done Switzerland. Religious customs, and one as pathetic, petty and discriminatory as this should have no place in civilised society.
Reply 201
Original post by Kieran1996
Wow. Islamism: "to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life."

They only want to implement this value on their own lives. They did not say the people there/the teachers/me/you had to do the same did they?

Why should I go anywhere? Don't be ridiculous or rude in such a way.

Also, why do you keep saying "Britain Yes!"???

Well, even according to your defintion of Islamism he implemented Islam on the teacher by rejecting her to tolerate his Islamofascism. It is also challenging the national culture since shaking hands is a norm of respects. This norms should not be discussed or questioned. And if you do want to tolerate this bigotry of the student than sorry but you will attrack negative resposnse.

It is a meme.
Wow. Islamism: "to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life."

They only want to implement this value on their own lives. They did not say the people there/the teachers/me/you had to do the same did they?

Why should I go anywhere? Don't be ridiculous or rude in such a way.

Also, why do you keep saying "Britain Yes!"???

Putting any views slavic has to one side.

By implementing their views in such a manner it affects Swiss people, because it doesnt accpet their customs and values.

When you apply for citizenship you are asking to join that group, its up to that group to decide what the entry fee is and not the person applying. If they cant or unwilling to meet the requirements, then they should be rejected. they can seek another country , which will wnat them and where neither has to compromise what it means to be a citizen.
Original post by slaven
Well, even according to your defintion of Islamism he implemented Islam on the teacher by rejecting her to tolerate his Islamofascism. It is also challenging the national culture since shaking hands is a norm of respects. This norms should not be discussed or questioned. And if you do want to tolerate this bigotry of the student than sorry but you will attrack negative resposnse.

It is a meme.

Original post by 999tigger
Putting any views slavic has to one side.

By implementing their views in such a manner it affects Swiss people, because it doesnt accpet their customs and values.

When you apply for citizenship you are asking to join that group, its up to that group to decide what the entry fee is and not the person applying. If they cant or unwilling to meet the requirements, then they should be rejected. they can seek another country , which will wnat them and where neither has to compromise what it means to be a citizen.

RE Slaven I am not defending the student at all, imo it would have just been easier to shake hands and get on with it but I do think that it's been blown out of proportion. Surely you will agree that it would have been better to sort out the school's officials and educate the family on the Swiss culture?

Can I have a link to this meme please? :u:

RE 999, I agree that if you want to join a group you shouldn't moan about their culture. My initial issue was that I felt Slaven blew the whole issue out of proportion by saying the were Radicalists and under investigation for false applications which is not mentioned in the article.

RE 999, I agree that if you want to join a group you shouldn't moan about their culture. My initial issue was that I felt Slaven blew the whole issue out of proportion by saying the were Radicalists and under investigation for false applications which is not mentioned in the article.

I cant associate or agree with anything he says. His reasponing if you can call it that is ridiculous and far fetched.
Reply 205
RE Slaven I am not defending the student at all, imo it would have just been easier to shake hands and get on with it but I do think that it's been blown out of proportion. Surely you will agree that it would have been better to sort out the school's officials and educate the family on the Swiss culture?

Can I have a link to this meme please? :u:

M8, they are the whole time in Switzerland and got all the support from the gov being asylum aplicants. They had enough time to integrate to Swiss culture but they have not. And yes, I do think they are radicals regardless of them not comiting violent acts. they still hold radical Islamist believs. They are potential threat to Swiss culture and securtiy. The part of them being investigated is not in this source but on a german one. The Swiss started to investigate after this incident since they are wathing to get thrw them out of the country.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sweden-yes
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 206
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Some of them want to immigrate to Syria and live under IS, yet our border forces have been stopping such people and jailing them.

Because Iran is an intolerant country to foreigners.

If it's the middle finger you give them, then they might feel there is some justification...

1) The reason why UK not letting them is to stop them using british passport freely get trained under isis and come back to uk and bomb us.

2) Intollerant country, doesn't stop anybody going there, and if somebody choses not to go, its exactly what the iranian government wants. iran doesn't need us go there and start crying to wear mini skirts.

3) haha the issue is, it's not showing middle finger, if it did, they wouldn't be here?
Original post by slaven
M8, they are the whole time in Switzerland and got all the support from the gov being asylum aplicants. They had enough time to integrate to Swiss culture but they have not. And yes, I do think they are radicals regardless of them not comiting violent acts. they still hold radical Islamist believs. They are potential threat to Swiss culture and securtiy. The part of them being investigated is not in this source but on a german one. The Swiss started to investigate after this incident since they are wathing to get thrw them out of the country.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sweden-yes

And initially I asked for a link so why not just send the German article? SMH

Cheers for the meme, hadn't seen that before
Reply 208
They can inform us that they are travelling, and we can bar them from entry if they decide to return.

Should you wish that we be more like Iran, and be intolerant to the cultures and practices of other people?

Of course we are showing them the middle finger. We are telling them that their practices are not welcome here. The very intention of the middle finger.

1) The reason for not letting them to go to Syria is stop them to join ISIS, otherwise, I'm still saying, free will to travel wherever they want, because it's national security issue now, it's safety & security of others.

2) It's always fine for muslims to be intolerant of culture of other, good way or bad way. they are allowed, the chosen ones....

3) Do we? I think UK is very tolerant... Quick reminder how UK made forced marriage illegal, even thou it's "cultural thing".
I'm just curious how we are showing them middle finger, I feel like they are having fun in this country :smile:
Backing the Swiss authorities on this one.
Original post by lNurl
I'm actually on the Swiss side here, it's culture, and they want to preserve their culture. Some things doesn't have to be written in Law book for it to be followed in daily life.

I'm pretty sure Swiss people try to cover up when they go to Iran or certain Arabic countries as a respect for their culture.

It's like you take it or leave it. If you don't want to shake hand, go study, live in Saudi, full of understanding muslims.

it's a bit selfish to have everything working for you.

I just remembered there was another topic from news how one guy blamed Morrison that they put ham and cheese pasty into cheese and onion bag...It's basic human error, people in there work hard everyday, they have new people coming and leaving, work mistakes happen... it's not that Morrison knew that in that specific shop that night muslim guy will buy pasty and they did it on purpose to piss him off. Neither it was global packaging mistake.

Any person, no matter religion, race, origin of birth, just because you fit there doesn't mean you belong there. Stop demanding "exclusive" rights.

I think that ham and cheese pasty guy just wanted his 15 minutes of fame tbh. And he was going on about it being haraam. He ate it by accident it's not like God's going to zap him...

What I don't get is that Islam teaches respect to elders. If that was surely the case then the boys wouldn't have found a simple sign of respect sexual in any way. Anyone who does needs serious help.
If they join IS, it's easier to kill them, instead of housing them here in the UK.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
This is so stupid honestly.
The boys didn't shake their teachers hand for religious reasons. Get over it and move on.

There's nothing in the Qu'ran which says you cannot shake a females' hand.. it is a cultural thing, why become a swiss citizen if you clearly disagree with swiss values and culture?
Original post by AverageExcellence
There's nothing in the Qu'ran which says you cannot shake a females' hand.. it is a cultural thing, why become a swiss citizen if you clearly disagree with swiss values and culture?

It's in hadith.
Reply 214
If they join IS, it's easier to kill them, instead of housing them here in the UK.

They must be protected at all costs. They are special.

Before, we were tolerant to intolerant people.

Lately, we've only decided to show tolerance towards tolerant people which is not a very tolerant position.

Maybe it's easier, maybe not, people joining isis are brainwashed, it's not entirely their fault.
And please bear in mind that whoever wants to join isis, they do, it's the weak and brainwashed ones get caught.

yes they are!! Always!

I don't know really, I'm don't want to say lets kick people out, lets be rude or intolerant. yes I was showing some aggression, I'm sorry. But I still keep my word in a way that there should be limit for demanding more and more just under name of religion :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
It's in hadith.

There are also hadiths for wife beating and child marriage, that's not to say the mainstream muslim today thinks that is acceptable... well at least i hope not.
Asymmetric warfare.

You sound like Trump "they can chop heads, but we can't waterboard"

Regardless, Machiavelli would've been proud

I can't recall the exact country (Thailand, perhaps?) but

Sounds like Thailand

Edit: just Googled it, yeah its Thailand

whenever their king wanted to get rid of someone, he would give them a white elephant to look after and they couldn't refuse, because that would be an affront to the king.

The cost of upkeep and looking after such an animal would generally drive one to poverty. It wasn't so much as killing them, as draining and diverting their resources.

This seems to be more of the same.

Cultural appropriation?

Yet, "to house them in the UK", it requires money to be spent by the UK.

And, in many cases, it is the wishes of the parents that their child stays in the UK instead of wasting their life in Syria. What right does the state have not to comply with the wishes of parents :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 217
Original post by digistar_100
It can encourage lustful thoughts which can lead to greater sins of adultary or fornication. It is a code of conduct, just as wearing modest clothing and lowering ones gaze. They all share the same purpose.
So, a child shaking hands with their teacher can lead to "lustful thoughts", leading to adultery and fornication.

And why can't the child have "lustful thoughts" just by looking at the teacher? Or simply thinking about them naked. What prevents that?
Original post by QE2
And why can't the child have "lustful thoughts" just by looking at the teacher? Or simply thinking about them naked. What prevents that?

Ah, you see! This is why we need women to cover up. :smile: Also, bad thoughts can be averted by remembering Allah and praying to him for strength.
Original post by Hydeman
Ah, you see! This is why we need women to cover up. :smile: Also, bad thoughts can be averted by remembering Allah and praying to him for strength.

even easier if they are locked away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending