The Student Room Group

Job seekers allowance.

My university term ends this week, although I do have exams this May.

Would I be eligible for JSA once the term ends, or am I still classified as a full-time student.
Only if you have finished Uni fully, otherwise you will be classed as a student.
Original post by 999tigger
Only if you have finished Uni fully, otherwise you will be classed as a student.

I thought once the academic year ends, for that period over the summer, I would be eligible.

I am finishing my first year.
Original post by hypothesis101
I thought once the academic year ends, for that period over the summer, I would be eligible.

No as you are a student until 3rd year, your loan is supposed to last the summer.

No you are sill classed as a student (repeating what claire says). Feel free to google it or ring Jobcentre+ to confirm it. Get a job instead. Its only £59 a week i think.
Original post by 999tigger
No you are sill classed as a student (repeating what claire says). Feel free to google it or ring Jobcentre+ to confirm it. Get a job instead. Its only £59 a week i think.

Thanks.
You're only entiteld to claim over the summer as a student if you're the main carer (as a lone parent or couple) of a child.

Your student loan is a bit higher over the summer because you can't claim benefits.

The above information is right - you're still classed as a full time student over the summer, therefore, can't claim JSA, else everyone would be doing it.
You cant as other posters have said. Get yourself a job
Reply 8
My university term ends this week, although I do have exams this May.

Would I be eligible for JSA once the term ends, or am I still classified as a full-time student.

Hi, did you get an outcome to this?
Original post by spongebobsmum
Hi, did you get an outcome to this?

In what way? Students can't claim jsa over the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending