The Student Room Group

I inherit a 450,00 house when I turn 21 ama

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jon2016
haha I mean it often crops up in conversation and I have to stay quite , whilst people talk about being in overdraft or having baken beans for dinner.

Feels awkward when I dont say yea me 2

Look if you're going to beg me that much to take your house off your hands, I'll do, I honestly don't mind.
Original post by jon2016
ahh cool ! Being a diplomat sounds awesome, I would love to be a foreign correspondent for a Newspaper somewhere like France or Germany.
Are you going to apply for the graduate stream ? any where in particular you want to be posted ?

I will try the Civil Service fast stream, although the competition is really tight here. Long way until graduation as well.
I'm struggling now to get a governmental internship back home in Romania. Either for the Ministry of External Affairs, Culture, Education or a position in the National Cultural Patrimony, but the competition is tight there as well :frown:
And I'm going to be the new President in the USA, what's your point?
How small is it? £45,000 is pretty tiny on the housing market.
Reply 44
Original post by navarre
How small is it? £45,000 is pretty tiny on the housing market.

I meant to write £450,000 + any revaluation from 2011 + rent over past 5 years + Interest on rent from past 4 years
Original post by jon2016
Only a few people know this my parents and one of my flatmates

I cant wait till the day, going to be one huge pay day

Keeping it or selling it
Original post by jon2016
Only a few people know this my parents and one of my flatmates

I cant wait till the day, going to be one huge pay day

Congratulations. I'm going to never live in a house of that kind as I want to do an English degree and job prospects and salaries are ****.
Reply 47
Original post by LaMandarine
I will try the Civil Service fast stream, although the competition is really tight here. Long way until graduation as well.
I'm struggling now to get a governmental internship back home in Romania. Either for the Ministry of External Affairs, Culture, Education or a position in the National Cultural Patrimony, but the competition is tight there as well :frown:

oh well good luck !
I can imagine, I applied for an internship with Bank of England during A-Levels they had 100s of application for like 5 positions.
Reply 48
Original post by Rhythmical
Congratulations. I'm going to never live in a house of that kind as I want to do an English degree and job prospects and salaries are ****.

You could always work for PWC or something and make it partner and make 600,000 a year

I was to dedicate this to my grandpapa for working so hard in School and my dad and mom for having sex for met to be born

I love you all
Reply 49
Original post by jon2016
I meant to write £450,000 + any revaluation from 2011 + rent over past 5 years + Interest on rent from past 4 years

Just rent it out, or turn it into small apartments, a hotel, just don't sell it as it is always increasing in value.

When you're older, 50+ then sell it for millions due to housing boom/inflation.
Original post by jon2016
You could always work for PWC or something and make it partner and make 600,000 a year

I was to dedicate this to my grandpapa for working so hard in School and my dad and mom for having sex for met to be born

I love you all

LOL

Was there a will? did your grandmother and grandad live in the house? If so you won't pay IHT.
Original post by jon2016

I love you all

Erm ok thanks.
450 bargain
Reply 53
Original post by Voi
Just rent it out, or turn it into small apartments, a hotel, just don't sell it as it is always increasing in value.

When you're older, 50+ then sell it for millions due to housing boom/inflation.

It is not a massive house. 3 bedrooms and a small garden. Its proximity to good schools and a tube stations is why its so expensive (apparently)

Original post by Bill_Gates
LOL

Was there a will? did your grandmother and grandad live in the house? If so you won't pay IHT.

Yes they lived in it for 10+ years.

I have no idea of the tax side of things, hired an IFA to deal with that
Original post by jon2016
Nah it was my Grandmother's house, she died a few years ago

Why do you get it and not the 'relevant' parent or their brothers/sisters
Reply 55
Original post by Rhythmical
Erm ok thanks.

all you need is 2:1 then you can get onto any graduate scheme in the country.

Then once you get a job, be amazing and you will get promoted.

Its really easy, you just have to sacrifice your social life to get to the top. That way your grandkids can have a easy life when they get your house when you die
Original post by jon2016
all you need is 2:1 then you can get onto any graduate scheme in the country.

Then once you get a job, be amazing and you will get promoted.

Its really easy, you just have to sacrifice your social life to get to the top. That way your grandkids can have a easy life when they get your house when you die

First I need to find a husband first. Anyways I can't see myself having kids.
Original post by jon2016
oh well good luck !
I can imagine, I applied for an internship with Bank of England during A-Levels they had 100s of application for like 5 positions.

Thank you :cute: good luck to you also, in whatever you want to pursue
I got accepted for an internship with them in November, but I had to decline.
Living costs in London > pay they were giving :cry:
Reply 58
Original post by Little Popcorns
Why do you get it and not the 'relevant' parent or their brothers/sisters

I am a only child and my father is quite comfortable with his own GP practise(Didnt get any student finance so he must earn over 50k) so my grandparents left it to me
Reply 59
Original post by jon2016
It is not a massive house. 3 bedrooms and a small garden. Its proximity to good schools and a tube stations is why its so expensive (apparently)

Yes they lived in it for 10+ years.

I have no idea of the tax side of things, hired an IFA to deal with that

Just rent it out to a young professional. It'll probably fetch over £1000+ month in rent.

Quick Reply

Latest