The Student Room Group

My friend told me to kill myself over banter?

Hello, Me of my four friends were joking around at break. One had posted some photos of bulls, with their balls very obvious. So basically I said to him that he must like cow balls as a joke, which he immediately strongly denied. So natually, I went "its ok if you like cow balls, nobody will judge you" and that and It went on for about 2 minutes. Then, he turned and said I have no friends I should kill myself, and one of my other friends there backed him a bit, and said that the reason I was joking about it was because I have no friends and I am a dick or whatever. The other one stayed out.

As you would expect, this kinda pissed me off. So the conversation kinda changed after about 5 minutes more of this, and then it changed. Then, something came up and I mentioned cow balls again and he stormed out. My friends that were still there were still calling me a dick, and maybe I was. However, when I said that they do **** like this to me all the time, they simply responded "you can take it", like it was some kind of argument.

Now my friend is quite clearly mentally unstable. I had to talking him out of cutting himself at a party, and he constantly posts weird **** to our group chat like frozen hentai. Quite frankly it is irritating that he gets special treatment while I am insulted most of the time and I just laugh it off like anybody else would deal with banter, but oh no, I touch his precious little feelings and everybody closes ranks around him. It maybe to do with a girl that likes me who is in a strong position in the group although, but I am not sure.

Thoughts? I have no doubt I did some things wrong, but I am still confused how this response is considered ok.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe that was just his bants.
Reply 2
Original post by aarora
Maybe that was just his bants.

Nah, he was dead serious. Like I said, he stormed out after I mentioned it later on.
You fail to recognise that people are different with varying levels of senitiviy. You were a dick to him, he reacted indicating you had crossed the line as far as he was concerned you are confused. Imo you did cross the line and failed to appreciate that just becayse you can take it in that way, that other people are the same hence other people agreeing about your behaviour.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
You fail to recognise that people are different with varying levels of senitiviy. You were a dick to him, he reacted indicating you had crossed the line as far as he was concerned you are confused. Imo you did cross the line and failed to appreciate that just becayse you can take it in that way, that other people are the same hence other people agreeing about your behaviour.

Alright I understand that, but does that make it ok for them to be horrible to me like that? I mean they will often ignore me for no reason and take the piss with no pretext or anything.
Original post by Anonymous
Alright I understand that, but does that make it ok for them to be horrible to me like that? I mean they will often ignore me for no reason and take the piss with no pretext or anything.

Its just a sign you really got under his skin. Some people do say things like go **** yourself. Tbh go and have a word with him and apologise or just say sorry you didnt mean to get at him like that, if he doesnt accept leave it like that and walk away. Its s stupid thing to fall out about. You need to forget about what he said it was as meaningless as the whole conversation.

Handbags at ten paces.
LOOL he a lil ass bitch, he shouldn't dish out what he can't take
Reply 7
Original post by Whilstingeye
LOOL he a lil ass bitch, he shouldn't dish out what he can't take

Exactly what I think, he once got on my nerves quite badly once, so I called him a snivelling mangina, and he started crying. We are 18 and guys, I most of us would have laughed something like that off.

At the same time, he tells people to kill themselves and they are worthless.

Its just a sign you really got under his skin. Some people do say things like go **** yourself. Tbh go and have a word with him and apologise or just say sorry you didnt mean to get at him like that, if he doesnt accept leave it like that and walk away. Its s stupid thing to fall out about. You need to forget about what he said it was as meaningless as the whole conversation.

Handbags at ten paces.

Yes, you're right. What I suppose I don't really get is why they think It is ok to tell me to kill myself and be pieces of **** to me when I say something slightly insulting to him and then they pounce on me. They have been bastards the whole week, and this just highlights their hypocracy to me. Why exactly should I apologize to him, I have apologized to him over things like this before and he continues to be a massive ****
Reply 8
Hello, Me of my four friends were joking around at break. One had posted some photos of bulls, with their balls very obvious. So basically I said to him that he must like cow balls as a joke, which he immediately strongly denied. So natually, I went "its ok if you like cow balls, nobody will judge you" and that and It went on for about 2 minutes. Then, he turned and said I have no friends I should kill myself, and one of my other friends there backed him a bit, and said that the reason I was joking about it was because I have no friends and I am a dick or whatever. The other one stayed out.

As you would expect, this kinda pissed me off. So the conversation kinda changed after about 5 minutes more of this, and then it changed. Then, something came up and I mentioned cow balls again and he stormed out. My friends that were still there were still calling me a dick, and maybe I was. However, when I said that they do **** like this to me all the time, they simply responded "you can take it", like it was some kind of argument.

Now my friend is quite clearly mentally unstable. I had to talking him out of cutting himself at a party, and he constantly posts weird **** to our group chat like frozen hentai. Quite frankly it is irritating that he gets special treatment while I am insulted most of the time and I just laugh it off like anybody else would deal with banter, but oh no, I touch his precious little feelings and everybody closes ranks around him. It maybe to do with a girl that likes me who is in a strong position in the group although, but I am not sure.

Thoughts? I have no doubt I did some things wrong, but I am still confused how this response is considered ok.

The whole bull balls thing and hentai have strong indication towards being those furry guys or whatever they're called that draw animals as "sexy" lol
If you are anything like my friend group killing yourself is a pretty tame insult, but if he is actually mad just wait for his salt to cool off. but this guy sounds like he needs a little help
Original post by AperfectBalance
If you are anything like my friend group killing yourself is a pretty tame insult, but if he is actually mad just wait for his salt to cool off. but this guy sounds like he needs a little help

I mean, we are used to strong insults. However, he seems to have actually meant it, in stark contrast of how it usually goes.

Yes, you're right. What I suppose I don't really get is why they think It is ok to tell me to kill myself and be pieces of **** to me when I say something slightly insulting to him and then they pounce on me. They have been bastards the whole week, and this just highlights their hypocracy to me. Why exactly should I apologize to him, I have apologized to him over things like this before and he continues to be a massive ****

Because you arent appreciating that people have different sensitivity levels. Dude apologise dont apologise, thats your choice. carry on the way you are and just deal with the consequences.
Because you arent appreciating that people have different sensitivity levels. Dude apologise dont apologise, thats your choice. carry on the way you are and just deal with the consequences.

So I should just give him license to be a crybully because he has different sensitivity to me?
I mean, we are used to strong insults. However, he seems to have actually meant it, in stark contrast of how it usually goes.

Yeah as I said he needs some help if he is this angry and strange, talk to someone
So I should just give him license to be a crybully because he has different sensitivity to me?

No you should just recognise people are different. What is it exactly you want? If you are going to enter the bantz with him , then you are going to get a reaction. If you dont want the reaction dont enter into the bantz? If you wnat to carry on then accept the consequences.
No you should just recognise people are different. What is it exactly you want? If you are going to enter the bantz with him , then you are going to get a reaction. If you dont want the reaction dont enter into the bantz? If you wnat to carry on then accept the consequences.

I do recognise they are different. However, what I don't expect from somebody is making something out as clearly a joke and then being told to kill myself over that. I have made it clear to him on numerous occasions I am joking and he continues to be a nob end about it. Nobody else does this, he just feels he is entitled to act like that honestly.
Reply 16

P**** A** N**** aint bout that life, aint bout that life. On a serious note get some new friends.These people sound wet af and should not follow them. That sad guy sounds like he needs to get a slap. If I were you I'd fight them to put them in their places. <<<<< Actually dont do that. just drop them. dead baggage tings
Original post by GiyasU
P**** A** N**** aint bout that life, aint bout that life. On a serious note get some new friends.These people sound wet af and should not follow them. That sad guy sounds like he needs to get a slap. If I were you I'd fight them to put them in their places. <<<<< Actually dont do that. just drop them. dead baggage tings

I have no alternative, though. Trust me, If I had the option to I would have dropped a lot of them a while ago.
He's just a puss, leave him out of future bantz and rest easy with the thought he will have a s*** life.
Your friend is a furry/brony in denial, you nearly exposed him and he got upset. I think the dude who backed him is also one, they've probably choked the chicken together over it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending