The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Will the university still consider me?

Basically I am studying 5 AS levels at my sixth form as I am in year 12. I know 5 is a lot compared to many but most people do 5 at my sixth form because 1 is an enrichment and the college practically made everyone do one! :frown:Anyway, I am targeted B's in all subjects and I really want to apply to the University of Liverpool in November to study Law with Business and the entry requirements are ABB. I will have 5 AS levels at that time but will they take into consideration the fact I do 5 if I say only get B's in all of them? I am better at some subjects than others and I feel pretty confident but I don't want to ginx anything as my exams are 4 weeks away :OOverall, I am feeling under lots of pressure to do really well to improve my chances of being accepted because Liverpool is really where I want to go. Business is the only subject I do which is part of Government reforms so my AS grade won't even count towards A2. Will the university consider this also?HELP!?
Hi George

Thanks for contacting us today.

We would be happy to consider your application with predicted grades of B's. There are no subject specific requirements for Law, we would just require you to achieve ABB in three A Levels on results day. When assessing applications, the University take your predicted grades into consideration as opposed to your achieved AS Level grades. Each application is assessed upon its own individualmerits and the admissions team will take in to account all of the informationyou provide on your UCAS form when they are making a decision. While predicted academic achievement has a significant part to play, they willalso consider the information contained within the personal statement andacademic reference, therefore it is important that these are up to date andaccurately describe your desire to study your chosen subject.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Sophie
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by University of Liverpool
Hi George

Thanks for contacting us today.

We would be happy to consider your application with predicted grades of B's. There are no subject specific requirements for Law, we would just require you to achieve ABB in three A Levels on results day. When assessing applications, the University take your predicted grades into consideration as opposed to your achieved AS Level grades. Each application is assessed upon its own individualmerits and the admissions team will take in to account all of the informationyou provide on your UCAS form when they are making a decision. While predicted academic achievement has a significant part to play, they willalso consider the information contained within the personal statement andacademic reference, therefore it is important that these are up to date andaccurately describe your desire to study your chosen subject.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Sophie

Thank you so much for your help! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LGBTvoice
Basically I am studying 5 AS levels at my sixth form as I am in year 12. I know 5 is a lot compared to many but most people do 5 at my sixth form because 1 is an enrichment and the college practically made everyone do one! :frown:Anyway, I am targeted B's in all subjects and I really want to apply to the University of Liverpool in November to study Law with Business and the entry requirements are ABB. I will have 5 AS levels at that time but will they take into consideration the fact I do 5 if I say only get B's in all of them? I am better at some subjects than others and I feel pretty confident but I don't want to ginx anything as my exams are 4 weeks away :OOverall, I am feeling under lots of pressure to do really well to improve my chances of being accepted because Liverpool is really where I want to go. Business is the only subject I do which is part of Government reforms so my AS grade won't even count towards A2. Will the university consider this also?HELP!?

B's should be fine. Ask the nice Liverpool rep to keep her eye open for your application - tell her how good you are at Business and how much you know about the stock market, she'll handwrite your offer letter I'll bet!
Reply 4
Original post by pmc:producer
B's should be fine. Ask the nice Liverpool rep to keep her eye open for your application - tell her how good you are at Business and how much you know about the stock market, she'll handwrite your offer letter I'll bet!

This is what happens when you comment on threads several months outdated. I am actually applying to Newcastle, for which I have an offer, for which is a subject which is not business :smile:
This is what happens when you comment on threads several months outdated. I am actually applying to Newcastle, for which I have an offer, for which is a subject which is not business :smile:

You'll get eaten alive at Newcastle if you're like this in real life :lol: :lol:

In any case, glad to see you were committed. :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by pmc:producer
You'll get eaten alive at Newcastle if you're like this in real life :lol: :lol:

In any case, glad to see you were committed. :wink:

No idea why you feel the need to make these attacks towards me? Do you get a kick from it?
No idea why you feel the need to make these attacks towards me? Do you get a kick from it?

Now that is cute. You relentlessly provoke, name call, rifle through my old posts - and when it's given back you're the victim? Sums you up perfectly.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending