The Student Room Group

What's your definition of 'love'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Changing Skies
I bought my boyfriend a giant hot dog for his lunch today, I'm pretty sure that is love.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did he give you a giant hotdog in return? :hubba: :mmm:
Original post by queenofswords
Aww, I won't take a bullet in the face for you but here's a hug sweetie. :hugs:

;-;
Original post by Changing Skies
I bought my boyfriend a giant hot dog for his lunch today, I'm pretty sure that is love.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends.... Did he get diorrear from it afterwards?
When you come home after a long day and your dog jumps on you and doesn't stop licking your face.

:h:
Love is someone you can share food with, and oh well besides someone you can share intellectual thoughts with having them on the same frequency as you.

Spoiler

@Ethereal World

Do you have that quote on love you posted ages ago? That's what always comes to mind when I see threads like this. :yep:
Hmm... I'd define it as: Being able to strongly identify with someone else the way you would with yourself, in such a way that you become solicitious of them/ devoted to their welfare.

I.e. empathy and compassion, resulting in a bending of wills.
Love is unconditional. :smile:
Tagging in the GC cause I can.

I don’t think love is always a huge, cataclysmal emotional event. I think sometimes it sits in front of you for a very long time until you glance over and say, oh, there you are. I don’t think it’s your saving grace. I think it’s the hand that you hold while you save yourself. I don’t think it’s someone who sweeps you off your feet. I think it’s someone who stays right beside you and lets you walk on your own. I don’t think it’s always a blazing but temporary insanity of racing hearts and hormones. I think that’s the love that changes us. The love that should stay with us is the calm, deep, thorough knowing that you want to be with someone despite logical objections. And what may be even more important than anything is that I think you find your own love at the very edges of where other people’s love pushes you.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ethereal World

Spoiler

:cry2: That deserves a standing ovation.
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:
Original post by acupofgreentea
@Ethereal World

Do you have that quote on love you posted ages ago? That's what always comes to mind when I see threads like this. :yep:

Please see above. I always deliver :yep:

Spoiler

I'm so happy I could rep that *sloth emoji*

when the question is how do I find love, I think the answer is that it’s nothing to be found

Exactly ! Could not have say better :yep: thanks for tagging me you are so sweet :love: love you too Em :hugs:

In my humble opinion, love is this thing that happens when life gets you really down, so you can get up again. Love is complicated, because when you are happy you might expect love to come for you, but can we be happy without love ? Here is the paradoxe.

Besides when you're down, you've lost hope, sometimes some people appear in your life and show you you're worth it. Love is this thing that reminds you how fabulous you are when you forgot it yourself. :heart:

Love is life :heart:
Reply 32
Original post by queenofswords
My preferred definition- Taking a bullet in the face for someone. :u:

What's yours? :parrot:

How many people do you 'love' according to your definition?

The unconditional love of my mother is true love.

Love alone I would define it as an endearing affection towards family and friends and your husband (because you made a contract with them in matrimony that depicts love I mean yes you can like and lust someone but if you're not willing to commit on a legal spectrum and become exclusive even under law then I really don't count that as love its just passing affection).
somone who gives good
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
I'm so happy I could rep that *sloth emoji*

Exactly ! Could not have say better :yep: thanks for tagging me you are so sweet :love: love you too Em :hugs:

In my humble opinion, love is this thing that happens when life gets you really down, so you can get up again. Love is complicated, because when you are happy you might expect love to come for you, but can we be happy without love ? Here is the paradoxe.

Besides when you're down, you've lost hope, sometimes some people appear in your life and show you you're worth it. Love is this thing that reminds you how fabulous you are when you forgot it yourself. :heart:

Love is life :heart:

You put these things so well, you put it better in my language than I do :emo:
You put these things so well, you put it better in my language than I do :emo:

Not true Em , You are fab :heart:
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Not true Em , You are fab :heart:

[video="youtube;LNLWIswKIw0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNLWIswKIw0[/video]
Love is what I feel when I listen to music.
Original post by eternaforest
giving a good f*** in the arse :smile:

Such an innocent avi pic

yet such an uninnocent comment:holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest