The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword
Well done Nisha!! And yup it's getting shorter and shorter. Good luck in your mocks tomorrow I hope everything goes well :smile:

Well done - and for languages I do exactly what you've just done, and when I come across new vocab I just note it down and keep going over it so it sticks and I build up the bank of words I know :smile:

Thank you Zoe and thank you again :biggrin:
Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 21/04/16
It's getting closer and closer to exams. It frightens me that we have such a short period of time :s-smilie: I never used to feel really really stressed but now i'm feeling the stress :redface: Didn't get a lot done because of my mocks tomorrow for Chemistry and Maths.

1. Past paper questions on Psychology 1
2. Chemistry past papers : Managed to do 3 past papers and i got A* on all of them - proud :biggrin: although there were some weaknesses that I went over.
3. Chemistry Weaknesses : Fractional Distillation, Hydrogenation, Low carbon steels , Muller Urey
4. Maths questions

Don't worry about the exams! You've been revising hard and remember that! Well done today and I hope your mocks will go well!:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
UPDATE FOR 21/04/16

49 ICT Q Cards made

Completed 15 Refugee Q Cards

72 German vocab cards

15 Chemistry

15 Biology

15 Physics

Maths Questions on:

Probability

Perpendicular Lines

Standard form

Function notation

Stratified samples

Geography:

Tourism case studies and key words like multiplier effect, Butler model and honey pots

Sustainability

Map skills

Annotations

Graph/chart interpretation

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sahra30013
Don't worry about the exams! You've been revising hard and remember that! Well done today and I hope your mocks went well!:smile:

Aw your so sweet and ever so generous. Thank you :biggrin: So far my mocks have been really good but i have next week and tomorrow as well. I guess it's good to have mocks as it prepares you for your forthcoming exams :smile:
UPDATE FOR 21/04/16

49 ICT Q Cards made

72 German vocab cards

15 Chemistry

15 Biology

15 Physics

Maths Questions on:

Probability

Perpendicular Lines

Standard form

Function notation

Stratified samples

Geography:

Tourism case studies and key words like multiplier effect, Butler model and honey pots

Sustainability

Map skills

Annotations

Very well done on today! Just realised that you've edited it haha :biggrin:
Very well done on today! Just realised that you've edited it haha :biggrin:

Thank you and haha yeah - it took me a while to remember what I had actually done :smile:
I do French to and I usually revise by learning vocabulary using memorise. Also, by doing lots of past papers. What exam board are you doing?

I'm doing OCR. I do well in French but don't want to chance it. I've heard the exams are getting tougher and from doing the past papers it seem so. I'll definitely be using memrise then. Thanks for the advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you and haha yeah - it took me a while to remember what I had actually done :smile:

Your welcome :biggrin: - haha obviously due to the large amount of work you've done, you'd forget :wink:
I was kind of stressed today looking at the calendar but then I realised that my exams are evenly space out. That still gives plenty of time to go over things.
I have a 5 day gap and then a 9 day gap and then a 2 or 3 day gap between 2 or 3 exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ellamoon_22
Havent done as much revision at home this week because Ive been focusing in my art test next week thursday.I have been making noted in class and at lunch so tht is good.This weekend I am hoping to revise for english,rs and biology.

Once the art exam is over I feel I have a lot of weight off my shoulders.

Good luck with your art exam! I'm sure you will do well! :smile:Weird, people who do art in my school have not even started their exam yet. Wonder why.

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Managed to do more revision today:
-Spanish - Present tense
-Spanish - Preterite tense
-History - The German Revolution of 1918
-History - The strengths and weaknesses of the new constitution.
-RE - Unit One (Short Course) - Key Words
-RE - Unit Two (Short Course) - Key Words
-RE - Unit One (Long Course) - 1/2 of the Key Words
-Maths - Writing recurring decimals as fractions
-Maths - Using rules of indicies
-Maths - Proportion
-Maths - Circle Theorems
and I managed to do my maths homework :smile:

Wow! Well done, you've done a lot! Keep up the good work! :smile:
Your welcome :biggrin: - haha obviously due to the large amount of work you've done, you'd forget :wink:

Haha - I wish it was, more like I'm too tired to think straight :biggrin:

bed early for me, recharge the battery and up early to make the most of my day :smile:

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I was kind of stressed today looking at the calendar but then I realised that my exams are evenly space out. That still gives plenty of time to go over things.
I have a 5 day gap and then a 9 day gap and then a 2 or 3 day gap between 2 or 3 exams.

I'm stressed too, and I don't seem to have many gaps, mine all seem to be continuous most weeks, but oh well, onwards and upwards.

(I say this like I'm thinking positively - can't say I am...yet) :smile:
UPDATE FOR 21/04/16

49 ICT Q Cards made

72 German vocab cards

15 Chemistry

15 Biology

15 Physics

Maths Questions on:

Probability

Perpendicular Lines

Standard form

Function notation

Stratified samples

Geography:

Sustainability

Map skills

Annotations

Wow, well done! Back in rhythm eh? Keep up the good work!

Aw your so sweet and ever so generous. Thank you :biggrin: So far my mocks have been really good but i have next week and tomorrow as well. I guess it's good to have mocks as it prepares you for your forthcoming exams :smile:

Thank you, you are too!:biggrin: I have done most of mocks now but we are going to have random ones for some reason. I agree, mocks prepare well !

I'm doing OCR. I do well in French but don't want to chance it. I've heard the exams are getting tougher and from doing the past papers it seem so. I'll definitely be using memrise then. Thanks for the advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your welcome!I do WJEC so the past papers are more or less the same. Good luck in French!:smile:

Wow, you are lucky. In the first week, I have exams one day after another and then 3 day gaps for some.

Posted from TSR Mobile

bed early for me, recharge the battery and up early to make the most of my day :smile:

I'm stressed too, and I don't seem to have many gaps, mine all seem to be continuous most weeks, but oh well, onwards and upwards.

I think I'm ready for my exams though. I feel that some things I forget and can only be remembered by doing it the night before the exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, well done! Back in rhythm eh? Keep up the good work!

I'm getting there :wink:

Thank you :smile:

I think I'm ready for my exams though. I feel that some things I forget and can only be remembered by doing it the night before the exams.

That's good, and yeah I get what you mean about some things needing to be recapped the night before, I feel the same way about some parts too :smile:
So I was focused on coursework today so I only was able to
Review operating online -ICT
Review letters
History- review on naxi method of controls and how to answe question3/4
Science- B3 past paper questions
Maths- past paper- needs to be marked

Hopefully, I will go back in the zone soon!
I've finally found someone with similar targets to me :h: I'm also doing practically the same subjects, except I'm doing Art instead of Geography and ICT. I've been getting 100% in my Maths papers just by doing loads of past questions, and I get my teacher to make up mocks for me (as she likes to make up questions for the class during lessons). As for sciences, I've been using a website called Tassomai (although it does cost). It basically gives you extended questions in a quiz format, for things like the Haber process, etc. I sat Literature last year and got an A*, doing Language this year. Good luck with all your exams, hopefully we'll all get top scores!
So I was focused on coursework today so I only was able to
Review operating online -ICT
Review letters
History- review on naxi method of controls and how to answe question3/4
Science- B3 past paper questions
Maths- past paper- needs to be marked

Hopefully, I will go back in the zone soon!

At least you did something :smile: but very well done with all the hard work :wink:

Haha i get tired as well :smile: Studying can be very tedious
So my exams start in about a week and for the past two weeks I've done work for the first week of exams only. Is anyone else finding it annoying that the (I)GCSE papers are spread over a long period of time with subjects being spread over 2-3 weeks...?
Original post by WarByte
I've finally found someone with similar targets to me :h: I'm also doing practically the same subjects, except I'm doing Art instead of Geography and ICT. I've been getting 100% in my Maths papers just by doing loads of past questions, and I get my teacher to make up mocks for me (as she likes to make up questions for the class during lessons). As for sciences, I've been using a website called Tassomai (although it does cost). It basically gives you extended questions in a quiz format, for things like the Haber process, etc. I sat Literature last year and got an A*, doing Language this year. Good luck with all your exams, hopefully we'll all get top scores!

Hey there it's great to hear from you and even better that we are similar in what we want to achieve :smile: Well done on your maths papers!! And I've just checked out Tassomai and it looks a really good site! (Pity it costs though, but still great with what it covers). Also, congrats on your English Literature last year - do you have any tips for that? As I know many people reading this are worrying about their Literature exam.

Good luck to you too, and hopefully, yes, we will all get the top grades we want :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending