The Student Room Group

Messaging a girl you've previously crossed paths with.

A few weeks ago I was out clubbing with my friend, during the night he had arranged to meet a girl which consequently left me stranded, I was able to find some people I knew but decided to head home after a while, it was about 4:00am. My friend then called me to meet him at a local takeaway. When I met him he was still with her, as I began to feel like a c*ck-blocking third wheel, the girl's friend turned up. We got chatting, and turns out we had a few mutual friends - she was great, had a nice smile and seemed really genuine, which is hard to come by now-a-days.

2 days later, her name was a suggestion to follow on twitter, so I give her a quick follow request, she accepted. Turns out my friend arranged to meet up with his girl from the club later that week and according to her, the friend thought I was a nice guy - It's not the best compliment there is but hey ho. They were also both joking about me and her joining them on a double date. I want to message her, but have no idea what to say...I need a sort of excuse haha, any ideas? Any help would be great, thanks. I will most likely see this girl out and about clubbing in a few weeks or so but I don't want to wait that long to judge her interest level, or should I just wait for the off chance of seeing her in person?
Depending on the takeway shop, say this

"So your the cute girl who loved her doner kebabs.."

Just make it casual or start with something you picked up from your conversation with her. She said your a nice guy, so anything normal will do
Reply 2
Original post by ironingplaylist

Just make it casual or start with something you picked up from your conversation with her. She said your a nice guy, so anything normal will do

That's a good idea, thanks. Hahah she got a small cheese pizza if my mind serves me right, but can still work. I should have said, this all went down about 1.5 weeks ago so wouldn't it be abit odd if I'm just popping up now? Timing is everything...I wouldn't personally wait this long - genuine dilemma.

</thread>
Hmm...

I've tried messaging girls after a night out before, and despite it going well they weren't interested in speaking afterwards. The compliment about you being a nice guy may mean very little.

GOOD THING WE'RE GOING TO BE POSITIVE ABOUT THIS, HUH?!

So not only has she complimented you, but there was suggestion of you going on a double-date and it appears as though you may meet her again. ZING!
This is what you do; you take the above suggestion about striking up a casual conversation. If nothing else, ask her if she's going to be out on x day or within the next week weeks, or where she may be etc. You have common ground in clubbing, so from there perhaps ask her what her favorite club is (if there are multiple clubs around where you live), how often she goes, music taste etc. You've got a fair bit to go on, actually.

At least it's an experience of striking up a conversation with a woman. That's +2 confidence points for you and bolsters your chances of scoring next time. Win, win, win, win, WIN!
Reply 5
That's v helpful, thanks :smile:)) I should have said though, this all went down about 2 weeks ago so wouldn't it be abit odd if I'm just popping up now, or should I wait to possibly see her again? Timing is everything...I wouldn't personally wait this long - genuine dilemma.
I'd say it would be okay. :smile:
Id say your fine too, let us know how it goes : )
Reply 8
Id say your fine too, let us know how it goes : )

Still no progress as of yet I'm afraid, my nerves have gotten the better of me haha. I saw her last night briefly as she was getting into a taxi home, only a quick chat. But her best friend keeps encouraging me to go and contact her, by whatever means, that's a good sign, right? She wouldn't tell me to message her if there was no interest from her side? I really can't decide whether she is either; just a bit shy, being polite, or whether she is simply not interested. I guess there is only one way to find out...and that is to slide into her DMs but what on earth do I say :/
Original post by Anon1907
Still no progress as of yet I'm afraid, my nerves have gotten the better of me haha. I saw her last night briefly as she was getting into a taxi home, only a quick chat. But her best friend keeps encouraging me to go and contact her, by whatever means, that's a good sign, right? She wouldn't tell me to message her if there was no interest from her side? I really can't decide whether she is either; just a bit shy, being polite, or whether she is simply not interested. I guess there is only one way to find out...and that is to slide into her DMs but what on earth do I say :/

Just say "Hey" and take it from there...it should be okay, don't be soo nervous about it...I'm sure that it will work out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending