The Student Room Group

I'm actually super messed up...

Some of you who know me, know that I sideline as an abstract painter. I ran out of paint yesterday and so today I thought I'd pick up a pencil and dabble in a little realism to hold my tide. That realism turned to surrealism and then into plain old creepy. So creepy that I'm disturbed by my own drawing yet compelled into finishing it but I know if I finish it, I probably won't be able to sleep for a while.

I actually think if I finish it, I can't ever show anyone the insides of my sketchbook unless I intend to scare them because they have no moral compass.

It would have been justified to draw this if I was high on something but I've never touched drugs ever so I'm slightly ( very) concerned about my mental health.

If other artists have experienced creating a piece like that, what did you do?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What are you saying in plain English for the people which are less fortunate.
Reply 2
Just post an example here otherwise your thread's pretty pointless.
Original post by BWV1007
Just post an example here otherwise your thread's pretty pointless.

If I can barely look at it, I don't want anyone else to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M14B
What are you saying in plain English for the people which are less fortunate.

If that isn't plain English already then I have no idea how much dumbed down you want it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by AmazingArry
Some of you who know me, know that I sideline as an abstract painter. I ran out of paint yesterday and so today I thought I'd pick up a pencil and dabble in a little realism to hold my tide. That realism turned to surrealism and then into plain old creepy. So creepy that I'm disturbed by my own drawing yet compelled into finishing it but I know if I finish it, I probably won't be able to sleep for a while.

I actually think if I finish it, I can't ever show anyone the insides of my sketchbook unless I intend to scare them because they have no moral compass.

It would have been justified to draw this if I was high on something but I've never touched drugs ever so I'm slightly ( very) concerned about my mental health.

If other artists have experienced creating a piece like that, what did you do?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not an artists, but can't things like drawings and music and stuff be you expressing fear or worry or anxiety about something?
Like with dreams, just because it looks like something bad might not mean it is something bad.

Any big changes at home recently?
Reply 6
If I can barely look at it, I don't want anyone else to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you say what the picture is supposed to be?
You overestimate the shock factor in art. Unless you've made The Serbian Film look like What's The Story In Balamory, then I think you're fine.
Original post by John55
Could you say what the picture is supposed to be?

A cat's nose and face shape, hollow eye sockets, a clowns smile with human lips, chewing on an eyeball that just follows you no matter what direction you look at it in, shedding skin, bones underneath visible and abnormally long canines.
A cat's nose and face shape, hollow eye sockets, a clowns smile with human lips, chewing on an eyeball that just follows you no matter what direction you look at it in, shedding skin, bones underneath visible and abnormally long canines.

I've wanked to worse.
Original post by VeniViciVidi
I've wanked to worse.

Nice to know what gets you off, you little sadist you... ha wow
Nice to know what gets you off, you little sadist you... ha wow

You can draw me next.
You can draw me next.

I don't draw people. I always get them wrong. So I stick to things where I don't have to be so accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't draw people. I always get them wrong. So I stick to things where I don't have to be so accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just feel it, man.
Just feel it, man.

Feel what dude?
Feel what dude?

Your edge.
Original post by Gjaykay
I'm not an artists, but can't things like drawings and music and stuff be you expressing fear or worry or anxiety about something?
Like with dreams, just because it looks like something bad might not mean it is something bad.

Any big changes at home recently?

There are some things that have happened but my drawing makes no sense in light of what has happened.
Your edge.

What edge?
What edge?

I really thought this conversation was going to get interesting.
I really thought this conversation was going to get interesting.

Well.... would it be more interesting if i said i know you and who you are in real life and your username really gives it away.

Quick Reply

Latest