The Student Room Group

ISIS is a joke

So we all know they are some extremely extremist organisation out to kill us, terrorist attacks on our soil are no joke, but looking at regional ambitions it appears to me this 'threat' is little more than pathetic.

Let's have a look at some of the powerful regional players.

Iran - Shia majority, never going to back ISIS.
Saudi - Shares similar ideology but why would the royal family give up its wealth to some militants?
Israel - I don't have to explain this one do I, but anyway nuclear weapons
Turkey - Nato ally
Afghanistan - Taliban loyalty.
Pakistan - Supports Taliban (who are against ISIS) and has nuclear capability / extremely powerful, has a few militant clowns but not enough.
India - No chance of ISIS beating India in a conventional war, no reasons for political change.

I've included Pakistan because of its Muslim majority, and by virtue of including Pakistan we must also include India due to frequent fighting.

Even countries like Libya, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt would absolutely decimate ISIS in a conventional war.

That's not including being bombed the crap out of by the Western coalition, Russia and Syrian government

Plus ISIS have said they want to get Spain? With what rafts? They have no naval capability.

How can a terrorist organisation surrounded by countries that hate it / have no interest in its existence except for short term profit out of the Syrian crisis hope to survive?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

**** isis
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
So we all know they are some extremely extremist organisation out to kill us, terrorist attacks on our soil are no joke, but looking at regional ambitions it appears to me this 'threat' is little more than pathetic.Let's have a look at some of the powerful regional players.Iran - Shia majority, never going to back ISIS.Saudi - Shares similar ideology but why would the royal family give up its wealth to some militants?Israel - I don't have to explain this one do I, but anyway nuclear weaponsTurkey - Nato allyAfghanistan - Taliban loyalty.Pakistan - Supports Taliban (who are against ISIS) and has nuclear capability / extremely powerful, has a few militant clowns but not enough.India - No chance of ISIS beating India in a conventional war, no reasons for political change.I've included Pakistan because of its Muslim majority, and by virtue of including Pakistan we must also include India due to frequent fighting.Even countries like Libya, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt would absolutely decimate ISIS in a conventional war.That's not including being bombed the crap out of by the Western coalition, Russia and Syrian governmentPlus ISIS have said they want to get Spain? With what rafts? They have no naval capability.How can a terrorist organisation surrounded by countries that hate it / have no interest in its existence except for short term profit out of the Syrian crisis hope to survive?
because some said countries that 'hate it' actually support and fund them.
Original post by BasharAssad
because some said countries that 'hate it' actually support and fund them.

Only short term though, like Saudis for example, no doubt clerics fund them to spread the ideology while openly condemning them.

However the Saudi royal family would never risk being displaced by a bunch of foreign bloodthirsty militants, surely they are far too rich and clever for this? When it comes to the actual political class of the main regional powers, it is not in any of their interests for ISIS to spread to the point where they would have significant autonomy.
Good news, friends! ISIS's top military commander in Syria - Abu Omar al-Shishani - was killed in an airstrike last month. This is excellent news because this guy was widely considered a military genius who tactical prowess was a key element in ISIS's military campaigns.

No doubt the terrorist sympathisers and pacifist crybabies among us who opposed the airstrikes will be upset about this. Successes in Western endeavours always seems to stick in their craw. If the likes of Corbyn et al had their way, ISIS would have taken over most of Iraq right now and untold amounts of Kurds would have been massacred, instead of what the airstrikes have been key in what has happened: huge losses of ISIS territory, destruction of loads of their equipment and abilities for gaining resources and losses of key and irreplaceable military commanders. I can only imagine how upset the Stop The War Coalition morons must be at all this. Hhhhmmm, their saltiness tastes good man
So we all know they are some extremely extremist organisation out to kill us, terrorist attacks on our soil are no joke, but looking at regional ambitions it appears to me this 'threat' is little more than pathetic.

Let's have a look at some of the powerful regional players.

Iran - Shia majority, never going to back ISIS.
Saudi - Shares similar ideology but why would the royal family give up its wealth to some militants?
Israel - I don't have to explain this one do I, but anyway nuclear weapons
Turkey - Nato ally
Afghanistan - Taliban loyalty.
Pakistan - Supports Taliban (who are against ISIS) and has nuclear capability / extremely powerful, has a few militant clowns but not enough.
India - No chance of ISIS beating India in a conventional war, no reasons for political change.

I've included Pakistan because of its Muslim majority, and by virtue of including Pakistan we must also include India due to frequent fighting.

Even countries like Libya, Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt would absolutely decimate ISIS in a conventional war.

That's not including being bombed the crap out of by the Western coalition, Russia and Syrian government

Plus ISIS have said they want to get Spain? With what rafts? They have no naval capability.

How can a terrorist organisation surrounded by countries that hate it / have no interest in its existence except for short term profit out of the Syrian crisis hope to survive?

The thing is these stupid terrorist organisations have existed for ages- the UK government, in my opinion, is just wasting their time. IS want to get a reaction from the Western superpowers and guess what, they did!! Our government is equally as stupid tbh.
They're just a bunch of deranged crackpots who only exist because they've been allowed to. A Western ground force would wipe them out in a couple of weeks if they had to. It comes down to the fact that(correctly IMO) we'd rather employ local proxies to fight them on the ground than risk our own troop's lives.
surprised this thread didn't get the recognition it needed
Reply 8
What happened to Hezbolloh and Humus?
Original post by HOLA255
What happened to Hezbolloh and Humus?

You tend to forget about things at 3am or whenever i posted this
Original post by KimKallstrom
Good news, friends! ISIS's top military commander in Syria - Abu Omar al-Shishani - was killed in an airstrike last month. This is excellent news because this guy was widely considered a military genius who tactical prowess was a key element in ISIS's military campaigns.

No doubt the terrorist sympathisers and pacifist crybabies among us who opposed the airstrikes will be upset about this. Successes in Western endeavours always seems to stick in their craw. If the likes of Corbyn et al had their way, ISIS would have taken over most of Iraq right now and untold amounts of Kurds would have been massacred, instead of what the airstrikes have been key in what has happened: huge losses of ISIS territory, destruction of loads of their equipment and abilities for gaining resources and losses of key and irreplaceable military commanders. I can only imagine how upset the Stop The War Coalition morons must be at all this. Hhhhmmm, their saltiness tastes good man

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/official-civilian-death-toll-from-us-air-strikes-against-isis-in-syria-and-iraq-doubles-to-41-a6997341.html
Original post by cashcash871
ISIS is gay and stupid

Yeah, totally, that's why they throw gay people off of buildings and stone them to death.

Gay stupid. Sort out your vocabulary.
Because Isis is not bound by wearing a colour, isis is not bound by being in a formal army fighting from one side to the other, it has wormed its way into many different countries and has the capability to cause massive destruction.

while taking over places like spain and britain seem nigh impossible they can still cause chaos
Tbf I repped it

1st class banter
Original post by KimKallstrom

if Abu ShishKebab was such a genius how come he let himself be vaped by the good guys ?
Original post by the bear
if Abu ShishKebab was such a genius how come he let himself be vaped by the good guys ?

Plane awful equipment
Original post by the bear

The only ones intent on letting these people do what they want are the Stop The Stopping of Terrorists I mean Stop The War Coalition lot :-)
Original post by ivybridge
Yeah, totally, that's why they throw gay people off of buildings and stone them to death.

Gay stupid. Sort out your vocabulary.

You guys took this way too seriously LOL
It's just a bit of banter :smile:
Reply 18
Only short term though, like Saudis for example, no doubt clerics fund them to spread the ideology while openly condemning them.

However the Saudi royal family would never risk being displaced by a bunch of foreign bloodthirsty militants, surely they are far too rich and clever for this? When it comes to the actual political class of the main regional powers, it is not in any of their interests for ISIS to spread to the point where they would have significant autonomy.

The Saudi Royal family is immense; since they have harems with dozens of wives, they have many children - the family counts about 15,000 members. The kingdom is ruled by a Saudi aristocracy; the higher strata of the administration/army is almost entirely made of Sauds.

The king does not control all of the family members. Several clans oppose each others, especially now that the king is very old. It is obvious that some family members have given a strong support to ISIS.
Original post by cashcash871
You guys took this way too seriously LOL
It's just a bit of banter :smile:

Caliph of Banter has arrived

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending