The Student Room Group

He went for a not so pretty girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
FYI, that is because you know you have no chance with 'hot' women, so you set your targets lower.

Sad, but understandable.

Yes bc you know how my brain works woah u know so much abt me
Original post by Maker
I expect she wasn't whinny and entitled.

This is exactly how OP sounds. Sorry OP but it's true.
Original post by Anonymous
Why are you still going on about this, He doesn't like you. End of. You said you are a nice girl but from the way i see you boasting about your 'hourglass figure' shows how much of a jealous person you really are. Like i said 'beauty' is not all there is to a relationship! There's personality, attitude, kindness (which you seem to lack from your posts). who cares if she doesn't live up to YOUR expectations of beauty, he might like the 'overweight and pale with greasy hair' type of girls. Even if she is the ugliest person in the world she probably has a better personality than you. Stop questioning why he abandoned you and go find another guy to be your boyfriend. im sure one of your '8 guy friends' is interested in could be interested in you :smile:

:redface: Wow :redface:
Original post by zanner
Yes bc you know how my brain works woah u know so much abt me

This is not about you. This is how most peoples' brain works. Insecurities and avoidance mechanisms are pretty universal.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
FYI, that is because you know you have no chance with 'hot' women, so you set your targets lower.

Sad, but understandable.

It's not even insecurity, it's call having a preference. Like liking blonde hair, or black hair.

What is conventionally "hot" is just a standard, you may not find that standard attractive.

I don't really care for really muscular men with really strong jaw lines and dark hair...even though that is seen to be "hot".

It's just a preference.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I don't really care for really muscular men with really strong jaw lines and dark hair...even though that is seen to be "hot".

That's what every girl says, then a week later you see them with what you described.
Original post by Vikingninja
Mmm yeahhh because looks are the only factor in attraction aren't they?

What other factors are there lol
Original post by Start the Fire
That's what every girl says, then a week later you see them with what you described.

I really don't, never have, never will. Never seen the appeal tbh.

I like men with lighter hair and softer faces....like Prince William in his younger years :colondollar:
I dont know why you are so shocked. Things like that happen every day. The fact that you were born pretty doesnt mean that you can have every one in your life. Personally i have dated guys that people dont think that are so pretty and rejected coventionally handsome ones. So it may sound a bit cliche but we dont choose love, love chooses us.

Good luck with your life °_°
I really don't, never have, never will. Never seen the appeal tbh.

I like men with lighter hair and softer faces....like Prince William in his younger years :colondollar:

Prince William is tall and muscular, just because he has blond hair doesn't make your tastes any different to the average, millions of women find him attract.

protip to blokes: when a girl says she 'doesn't like guys like that' she's lying, every time. All women are attracted to the same 10-20% of men.
Original post by Start the Fire
Prince William is tall and muscular, just because he has blond hair doesn't make your tastes any different to the average, millions of women find him attract.

protip to blokes: when a girl says she 'doesn't like guys like that' she's lying, every time. All women are attracted to the same 10-20% of men.

Errm...

There is a difference...

Prince William always wins though! :colondollar:
Imho looks matter initially:h:
Then personality is the major thing that makes a relationship work :smile:

Change your attitude

Looks will fade while some aspects of the personality will stay :smile:

A 10/10 girl can instantly turn into a 2/10 girl if she has a **** personality
And a 6/10 girl can turn into a 9/10 girl due to her personality

Fyi i dont rate girls with numbers
I just say stuff like pretty/attractive/not my type...
Maybe he felt a connection with her that he just didn't with you.

If you think so much of yourself then it won't take you long to find another guy anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You come across as being very superficial. How do you know that you are more attractive than her in his eyes?

Just because people say "You are prettier"- doesn't mean it's necessarily true
Original post by Trapz99
What other factors are there lol

have you ever heard of something called personality?
Reply 75
ugly girls are easier to slay bro
Original post by Anonymous

It's just the reason why I'm hurt is because he gave his reason for not wanting a relationship with me as not being attracted to me but literally everyone says that I'm far prettier than her.

It's not his fault for falling for another gal that, as you say, is less pretty than you. Although I generaly dislike people who think they're far more attractive than someone else I don't know you so I don't have an opinion on you. He obviously just finds himself attracted to her in a way that he was not with you. It's much better that he goes for someone based on more than just looks.

Spoiler

Reply 77
How old are you? I don't mean that in a horrid way I just mean you sound quite young and in time you will realise that looks aren't everything and if someone chooses you because you're "conventionally gorgeous" over someone they click better with... then it's you who has lost. In this case I'm sure he thought you were pretty and nice, but he was probably just more attracted physically and personally to this girl, regardless of whether she's "less pretty", and thought she was a better fit for him to be in a relationship with. Also there's more to a personality than "nice". Maybe they had the same sense of humour, maybe they both have the same interests..You can't explain feelings or attraction, they just are what they are... the heart wants what the heart wants.

My advice for you is to stop comparing yourself to others, whether you consider yourself the superior one or not, and you'll enjoy your life a lot more. Don't go down the path of "why did he choose her when I'm prettier" as that will just lead to bitterness and as I'm sure you've realised, it's a pretty mean and nasty thing to say. I think this happening to you is a good thing and should help you grow towards realising not everything is about looks. I hope in a few years you'll be embarrassed about this post and I mean that in the nicest possible way as it will mean you've matured as a person :smile:

And please don't believe these idiots saying "maybe he was intimidated by how pretty you were"... no. If that were the case he wouldn't have spoken to you in the first place or got to the point where he had to let you down saying he didn't want a girlfriend. It's not a crazy thought to think he could just like a less attractive person more! People need to stop being so shallow. It's not a reflection on either of you it's just he gets on better with her! There will be plenty of people who get on better with you and want to be with you so forget about this guy and move on.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's not even insecurity, it's call having a preference. Like liking blonde hair, or black hair.

What is conventionally "hot" is just a standard, you may not find that standard attractive.

It's just a preference.

If he had said 'I like the blonde girl-next-door better than that blonde supermodel', then it would have been about preference. But he didn't.

And I also think you'd want a muscular man with a strong jaw line if you'd be better looking and/or had more confidence. We are genetically programmed to be drawn to those attributes that are generally considered attractive.
How can I put this nicely? I can't. Judging people by how they look is shallow, that is all there is to it.

It is clear from your OP that this guy realised your lack of maturity and emotional depth. And found it unattractive.

Work on judging people by what they are, not how pretty they look. As my grandmother used to say "handsome is as handsome does."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending