The Student Room Group

Somebody I know is 20 and has slept with over 200 guys

Is it even possible to respect somebody like this? :FP:

Scroll to see replies

Quite possible as long as you dont use how many people someone has slept with as the sole criteria for whether you respect someone or not.
Yes. Though I disagree with that kind of lifestyle (I believe sex should only be between a husband and wife), that 'somebody' is still a person.
Not to sound too extreme and some may think oh here I go bringing religion into this but it reminds me of what Jesus said when the so called, 'holier than thou' Pharisees tried belittling and stoning the 'adulterous woman', accusing her of being unclean etc.
Not saying you represent these Pharisees but when you had mentioned the whole respect thing, this came into mind. Jesus simply replied 'those without sin cast the first stone' and everyone that wanted to stone her dropped their stones and walked away. This was meant to show how neither of us is perfect so we should never belittle or objectify others we believe to be different, socially unacceptable or outcasts in society. You would want to be respected even if you didn't do what people thought to be socially acceptable so please have some compassion.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes. But I'd kindly tell your friend to check for STIs.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Is it even possible to respect somebody like this? :FP:

introduce her to me asap!!!!
Yes I can respect someone like that, because I'm not a complete bigot and don't place someone's worth or value as a number of people they have had sex with.
Reply 6
Personally, I couldn't give two hoots if somebody as judgemental as you respected me or not.
You can't base respect on someone's sex life.

If they're nice to you and they aren't hurting anyone then who are you to judge? You sound like a horrible person.
As someone who prefers a monogamous relationship I can't feel comfortable with the prospect of a potential relationship with a harlot. Friendship maybe... But relationship lol nowayz
Original post by SophieSmall
Yes I can respect someone like that, because I'm not a complete bigot and don't place someone's worth or value as a number of people they have had sex with.

Quite.

OP, don't ask your gay friends - if you have any who want to come out to you - how many partners they've had if they've been anywhere near the scene.
how much dose she charge?
Reply 11
Everyone is different, in my honest opinion you cant really judge someone in that way as it is a personal choice. Some people choose to be more promiscuous than others, just as long as shes being safe, surely there is nothing wrong with that?
Original post by New- Emperor
how much dose she charge?

"dose" being the operative word ...
Reply 13
i could be friends with her based on her personality.

but can never respect someone like her.
If she started at 16 that's only 40 a year
Good for him/her, it's none of your business.
Good for them for trying to be 'cool'
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

who are you to judge? .

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
You sound like a horrible person.

Makes sense.
Respect as in hold admiration? No. That's not really something I look up to.
Hold prejudice for such? No. I respect people's private affairs, as long as they don't intertwine with mine.
Say what you will, that's still an impressive accomplishment.

Quick Reply

Latest