Reply 962
Original post by Anna0987
Hi, has anyone heard from Deans Court?

Not yet
Original post by Tiny92
Not yet

Thank you!
Original post by Audacious_
Hey guys, long term lurker, first time poster.

Does anyone know the procedure for getting a deferral from Middle Temple? I understand that the other Inns stipulate one must have an exceptional circumstance but can't find anything from MT.
Also, does anyone know the same for the BPTC at BPP and if a deferral affects their scholarships?

Hey - I don't have the answer to this, but I'd be interested to hear what you find out! :smile:
Reply 965
Original post by Greatleysteg
Hey - I don't have the answer to this, but I'd be interested to hear what you find out! :smile:

@Audacious_ why don't you just call them and ask????
Original post by Greatleysteg

@Audacious - You can get a deferral and your scholarship will follow you, regardless of whether it's F/T or P/T and regardless of location. James Welsh is the best person to speak to - admissions are useless.
Reply 967
Senate House 2nd round out by email
Re: MT Deferrals.

So I heard back from Sally Yorke and she says that an MT scholarship can be deferred for up to two years and to fill out the prerequisite part of the form that's sent out with the official letter. She didn't mention anything about needing any particular exceptional circumstance or otherwise, but that doesn't mean there doesn't need to be one.

I'm going to wait to see what the form says before talking to BPP; their BPTC terms and conditions say that a one year deferral is possible but not the circumstances, nor if anything beyond one year is possible or if the their scholarships would follow. Though @wannabeebar if definitely right about going straight to James Welsh - admissions are useless.
I'll keep you all posted!
Reply 969

So I heard back from Sally Yorke and she says that an MT scholarship can be deferred for up to two years and to fill out the prerequisite part of the form that's sent out with the official letter. She didn't mention anything about needing any particular exceptional circumstance or otherwise, but that doesn't mean there doesn't need to be one.

I'm going to wait to see what the form says before talking to BPP; their BPTC terms and conditions say that a one year deferral is possible but not the circumstances, nor if anything beyond one year is possible or if the their scholarships would follow. Though @wannabeebar if definitely right about going straight to James Welsh - admissions are useless.
I'll keep you all posted!

Good luck
I deferred both my BPP place and my inns of court scholarship to do a masters, no hassle at all, nor special circumstances!
Original post by LegallyBlonde_
1CL offers out :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
Reply 972
Hi all! Anyone done a first round at Lincoln house before and know what advocacy exercise is likely to be about?
Reply 973
Original post by Mt19900
Hi all! Anyone done a first round at Lincoln house before and know what advocacy exercise is likely to be about?

You sure there are two rounds?
Hi - This is a bit irrelevant to the topic, but since people here are mostly current BPTCers it will help if anyone could shed some light on the followings.

Is anyone currently taking the BPTC at BPP Birmingham this year? Could you share how is it going?
The centre has just been started in Sept last year and I would really like to know about - the environment, the quality of lectures, student support, ability and attitude of peers in general and etc.

I am currently holding an offer in London but I cannot convince myself from paying extra £4000 for pretty much the same stuff. I have never been to Birmingham as well, so it will really help if someone could give valuable advice on these.

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by PupilPenguin
Hi, did you hear by phone or email?

Phone call, however I am aware both myself and the other offeree have firmly accepted.
Original post by Radebe91
Congratulations!

Thank you! First ever pupillage interview and I managed to do it... mental! Keep going everyone, you can do it!
Thank you! First ever pupillage interview and I managed to do it... mental! Keep going everyone, you can do it!

That's great stuff. It must have been about my 20th!

For what its worth I was told for definite at Inner that anyone can defer a BPTC award for a year and no questions will be asked, seems that this is perhaps standard across all inns.

Amazing that it was your first interview! Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending