The Student Room Group

Moving to a different sixth form from my girlfriend?

Next year I'm moving to a new sixth form, and my girlfriend is sad, coz she's staying at our current school. As much as I'd love to stay, my sixth form offers are really ones I cant turn down. For those of you who have a girlfriend/boyfriend who goes to another school to you (I'm talking about sixth forms mainly, but University or anything below is still relevant), how often do you get to see your partner, and does it work for you?
Original post by Anonymous
Next year I'm moving to a new sixth form, and my girlfriend is sad, coz she's staying at our current school. As much as I'd love to stay, my sixth form offers are really ones I cant turn down. For those of you who have a girlfriend/boyfriend who goes to another school to you (I'm talking about sixth forms mainly, but University or anything below is still relevant), how often do you get to see your partner, and does it work for you?

I moved to a separate part of the country completely, we saw each other every month and it worked really well! It's like Christmas once a month and you learn to appreciate each other so much more! :smile:
Reply 2
By having more space and not seeing each other all day everyday, you may find that it actually improves your relationship as you have more things to talk about, like something stupid that happened in sixth form that day or something. My boyfriend and I are now in completely different countries, and we found that was something which helped us improve as a couple, because we were learning more about each other and appreciate each other so much more. Really cant describe it that well! but doesn't necessarily mean things are going to be bad! Its also ok to be a little selfish and pick the best option for you education wise!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fedeex
By having more space and not seeing each other all day everyday, you may find that it actually improves your relationship as you have more things to talk about, like something stupid that happened in sixthform that day or something. My boyfriend and I are now in completely different countries, and we found that was something which helped us improve as a couple, because we were learning more about each other and appreciate each other so much more. Really cant describe it that well! but dosent necesarrily mean things are going to be bad! Its also ok to be a little selfish and pick the best option for you education wise!

You sure we didn't date?! hahaha! Sounds like my story haha
Reply 4
Original post by acontium
You sure we didn't date?! hahaha! Sounds like my story haha

welllll :wink: hahaha surprising how common it is that people are in or have been in a similar situation!
Reply 5
Original post by fedeex
By having more space and not seeing each other all day everyday, you may find that it actually improves your relationship as you have more things to talk about, like something stupid that happened in sixth form that day or something. My boyfriend and I are now in completely different countries, and we found that was something which helped us improve as a couple, because we were learning more about each other and appreciate each other so much more. Really cant describe it that well! but doesn't necessarily mean things are going to be bad! Its also ok to be a little selfish and pick the best option for you education wise!

Thanks for the help!! Really appreciate it. How often do you two see each other?
Reply 6
Original post by acontium
I moved to a separate part of the country completely, we saw each other every month and it worked really well! It's like Christmas once a month and you learn to appreciate each other so much more! :smile:

Wow, glad it turned out well!
Everything will be fine don't worry !!!😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
If your relationship's good now it will continue to be fine despite less contact.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the help!! Really appreciate it. How often do you two see each other?

No problem at all, I hope its put your mind at ease a little bit! Well for like a week every 2 months, not too bad considering i get to fly to new york each time haha but yeah its not easy but worth it in the long run, just taking into account its not going to be forever! anything else you want advice with feel free to send me a pm or something, glad to help!

Quick Reply

Latest