The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry.
I think they are very tough,
Edit: hope it went well
(edited 2 years ago)
Totes tits.
I remember not finding them difficult per se, but there was a lot more work involved so it was a step up from that point of view.
Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
glided through a levels?

Blend of both, as long as you revise and work hard then it should come easy and natural. There are times when I do struggle but it depends what subjects you do.
If you're very good at maths, you get two extremely easy A*s gifted to you and an A in physics; with some work that could also be an A* (or you could just take AFM instead of physics lol).

But in any other case I don't think it's easy to the point that you could coast through with hardly any work.
Guys I'm a2 student I just wanted to read your point if view
Well I spend no time doing Politics or geography, those are really easy. In my revision timetable I've allocated, and stuck to, having 90% of my time devoted to classical civilisation. However, I'm upping it to 100% this week as I've got so much more to revise.
Moved to A Levels :smile:
I found A Level Geology to be quite straightforward, and I got an A in it overall, but I struggled to varying degrees with my other subjects
I found my A-Levels in maths and the 3 sciences to be a doddle, as maths is easy and science facts stick in my head well. Missed many lessons, worked ~20hours/week lifeguarding until a week or so before exams, came out with 4 easy 95%+ A*s.
Reply 13
I glided through English Language (with very little revision) and got an A; the coursework was really easy and I smashed the exams. I got an E in Physics though so I'm hardly gonna toot my own horn.
Well im good at maths so i find Maths easy & further maths reasonably easy , however physics just doesn't click in my head :/
I'm still in my AS year, but I'l contribute.

Up to January, I found A levels extremely difficult, and that was because I was doing the same amount of work I had done in my GCSE's, i.e. none. Once I started doing independent stuff though, and once I had figured out essay structure, I started doing better in my A levels than I had at GCSE.

So A levels do take more work, but once you get the hang of it they're not too bad. :smile:
Sixth Form itself was tougher than A-Levels, in my opinion.
Because I wanted to study Maths and did Further Maths, in Year 13 Maths A-level was fun and.. it wasn't 'easy' but it was okay :tongue: Further Maths was still difficult though. But yes, in general, I think A-levels are pretty hard. (But just like at A-level you say that GCSEs are so easy looking back, you'll probably say the same about A-levels at uni :tongue:)
Original post by SeanFM
Because I wanted to study Maths and did Further Maths, in Year 13 Maths A-level was fun and.. it wasn't 'easy' but it was okay :tongue: Further Maths was still difficult though. But yes, in general, I think A-levels are pretty hard. (But just like at A-level you say that GCSEs are so easy looking back, you'll probably say the same about A-levels at uni :tongue:)

My high school English teacher said that A levels are far harder than degree because of the workload but of course she did an English degree so...
Certain parts and subjects are easy IMO (I find sociology easy af just pretty dull) and I think once you eventually learn good essay-writing or exam technique then they do get substantially easier.

From there on in you just need to remember the content and then replicate it using the decent essay/exam technique and hey presto.

But they're by no means 100% 'easy' IMO. What I find relatively easy, I know others would struggle with and vice versa

Latest