The Student Room Group

The TSR Musicians & Artists Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
That must have hurt, it wasn't an RG uni was it?

He'll sort you out. :tongue:

Cambridge.
That must have hurt, it wasn't an RG uni was it?

He'll sort you out. :tongue:

Hahaha if you say so :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Hahaha if you say so :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll love it :wink:

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
:excited:
What's yout favourite song from him ? Mine is Papoutai :ahee:

I like Alors on Danse and can't decide which one after that.

Original post by ByronicHero
Cambridge.

Oh ****.

Oh ****.

I'll love Andy sorting me out? Am I missing something here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ****.

It's fine. I had just had a bereavement and went completely off the rails so would never had met the offer anyway. I wasn't really in any state to attend the interview, but my feedback was very positive so it didn't go terribly I guess :dontknow:

That is all a very long time ago now :lol:
It's fine. I had just had a bereavement and went completely off the rails so would never had met the offer anyway. I wasn't really in any state to attend the interview, but my feedback was very positive so it didn't go terribly I guess :dontknow:

That is all a very long time ago now :lol:

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. What university did you get into?

This is a nice one too :excited: good choice :yep:
This is a nice one too :excited: good choice :yep:

But I don't understand it. :frown:
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. What university did you get into?

Well I received offers from various places (Warwick, Exeter etc.) but, like I said, the bereavement ruined me so I had <10% attendance, didn't even open the books for a couple of subjects and didn't even turn up to one of my exams in the end so didn't even come close to meeting my offers - which were AAA. I ended up at Reading, but dropped out.
But I don't understand it. :frown:

I thibk you can find a clip with subtitles on youtube ! (Not sure tho)
Well I received offers from various places (Warwick, Exeter etc.) but, like I said, the bereavement ruined me so I had <10% attendance, didn't even open the books for a couple of subjects and didn't even turn up to one of my exams in the end so didn't even come close to meeting my offers - which were AAA. I ended up at Reading, but dropped out.

Oh wow. What were you going to study?
I thibk you can find a clip with subtitles on youtube ! (Not sure tho)

I want to learn French, I know some of it but I want to be fluent.
I want to learn French, I know some of it but I want to be fluent.

Coool ! I suggest you to start with the app duolingo :yep:
Oh wow. What were you going to study?

Politics, or some combination (PPS at Cambridge). I wanted to study English at Oxford really, but didn't want to have to arrange to take the ELAT.

Such is life :h:
Coool ! I suggest you to start with the app duolingo :yep:

Oooh thank you, I had the app Babble but it was boring.

Politics, or some combination (PPS at Cambridge). I wanted to study English at Oxford really, but didn't want to have to arrange to take the ELAT.

Such is life :h:

Aw I want to study English, not at Oxford but I have no idea where.
Oooh thank you, I had the app Babble but it was boring.

Aw I want to study English, not at Oxford but I have no idea where.

My English coursework was marked by the head examiner of Edexcel, which was worrying as it had only taken me a couple of hours to throw together. My teacher had taken it to some sort of conference to check she was marking correctly or something.

There are many excellent English departments, and many more highly qualified lecturers than there are positions for them. As such, you can access a pretty reasonable standard of education with even modest grades.
My English coursework was marked by the head examiner of Edexcel, which was worrying as it had only taken me a couple of hours to throw together. My teacher had taken it to some sort of conference to check she was marking correctly or something.

There are many excellent English departments, and many more highly qualified lecturers than there are positions for them. As such, you can access a pretty reasonable standard of education with even modest grades.

Oh wow. I am considering either Law or English, I like the idea of Law but then what if I don't end up going into Law afterwards as a career?
Oh wow. I am considering either Law or English, I like the idea of Law but then what if I don't end up going into Law afterwards as a career?

A law course will be very similarly useful to an English course in the general job market. As a subject, law is academically rigorous and would equip you with many of the same skills. The same is true of any academic subject (history, classics, economics etc.). Many people enter the legal profession having studied all kinds of other things for their first degree - indeed it is sometimes considered preferable to have done so. I would suggest studying what you think you will most enjoy.
A law course will be very similarly useful to an English course in the general job market. As a subject, law is academically rigorous and would equip you with many of the same skills. The same is true of any academic subject (history, classics, economics etc.). Many people enter the legal profession having studied all kinds of other things for their first degree - indeed it is sometimes considered preferable to have done so. I would suggest studying what you think you will most enjoy.

That is so true, wise words. I like Law, I think I want to study English at UCL however.
That is so true, wise words. I like Law, I think I want to study English at UCL however.

I never wanted to study in London, though when I briefly also intended to apply for law I was probably going to apply for KCL. If you do apply for law you can take the LNAT which is laughably easy to score well on.

My lover's got humour....

Quick Reply

Latest