The Student Room Group

I literally don't think i'm ever going to get a boyfriend...

Any guy that I think shows a slight interest in me, ends up just ignoring me. Unless they only want me for one thing:frown:
All my friends have boyfriends and I don't know how they do it. I'm not unnatractive, people call me pretty and I try to be a nice person. I'm 18 btw.
I'm supposed to be starting a midwifery course in a few months and I don't think I'm going to find a boyfriend there:/ Please don't tell me I'm being desperate, I feel lonely and like there's something wrong with me. Please give me some advice... thank you!

Scroll to see replies

I think a girl can always get a boyfriend imo.
It is us boys that are truly ****ed
Reply 2
Post pix.
Reply 3
Don't worry, you are not the only one, welcome to the club :smile:
Haha dw about it , you'll find 1 soon :biggrin:
concentrate on developing some interest of your own. then you will make friends related to those interests. You'l either make one of them a boyfriend or one of their friends will become a boyfriend. Don't worry - boys are over-rated anyway :smile:
You will, unless you are literally insane. You sound nice, it takes somebody nice to do something as irritating as midwifery, you'll be fine
Reply 7
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha dw about it , you'll find 1 soon :biggrin:

18 is still fairly young anyway
*Yawns* Here comes the cheesy comments and sob stories.

These threads are getting boring now.
I feel the same way as you!! Im just looking for a girlfriend!! Im 18 too!

But just be yourself around people so they can see what youre really like, this way theyll know what theyre getting!
You have every right to feel that way!
You will honestly find someone amazing soon and then you will live an amazing life with them!
But just be nice to people and dont let them know youre interested straight away. Approach them as friends first (if you see someone) and go from there really.
I hope i helped you!
Youre not alone. I feel the exact same way as you!
Original post by MevMev
18 is still fairly young anyway

Haha yeahh ik :smile: Did i say anything wrong?:unsure:
Reply 11
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. I didn't get my first boyfriend until I went to uni last September. Don't actively go searching for one, make friends first at uni and then see!
Reply 12
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha yeahh ik :smile: Did i say anything wrong?:unsure:

no lol i think i ended up quoting u by accident i meant to just comment normally but oh well lol
u got a levels coming up right?
18 is so young
If you stop saying literally I'll consider talking to you
Original post by FireFreezer77
I feel the same way as you!! Im just looking for a girlfriend!! Im 18 too!

But just be yourself around people so they can see what youre really like, this way theyll know what theyre getting!
You have every right to feel that way!
You will honestly find someone amazing soon and then you will live an amazing life with them!
But just be nice to people and dont let them know youre interested straight away. Approach them as friends first (if you see someone) and go from there really.
I hope i helped you!
Youre not alone. I feel the exact same way as you!

Aww, thank you:smile:
Original post by MevMev
no lol i think i ended up quoting u by accident i meant to just comment normally but oh well lol
u got a levels coming up right?

Haha ahh okay np :biggrin: How do you know so much about me:P
Original post by Anonymous
Aww, thank you:smile:

No worries!
You can always chat with me if you want to. Dont know if that will help you?
Reply 18
Original post by Ayaz789
Haha ahh okay np :biggrin: How do you know so much about me:P

i have no clue why the hell are u familiar.... wait did u apply for medicine at leicester or Notts
You won't get a boyfriend with the attitude of thinking you never will have one. Get some confidence! Start to shine so you get noticed by guys.

Quick Reply

Latest