The Student Room Group

British jobs for british people

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Why be so specific? Certain races have been much more helpful than others. Muslims are at the 'lesser helpful' end of the scale. Indians for example are hard working, law abiding, peaceful citizens.

So because of our actions 200-250 years ago we get penalised for it? Does Turkey get penalised for the slaughter of Armenian Christians, and the Ottoman Empire? What about China, for their actions under Genghis Khan?

confused.png

Indian isn't a religion, or if you knew that then you didn't know that Islam is a religion. Basically, you can be an Indian Muslim, for example it's the same thing as a British Muslim. You can be British and Muslim.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by intelligent con
Its because good hard working muslims have helped build up the economy by founding businesses and doing the jobs lazy white Brits don't want to do. In contrast you Brits raped and pillaged a quarter of the world which is why people from these countries have to immigrate in the first place.

Anyway what is the difference between the acts of British pilgrims and how many of the American Indians reacted to them, and the certain immigrants here and how a minority of people nationalistically respond to them?
Original post by bakedbeans247
confused.png

Indian isn't a religion, or if you knew that then you didn't know that Islam is a religion. Basically, you can be an Indian Muslim, it's the same thing as a British Muslim.

I assumed he was talking about Asian Muslim men.

Thanks for the heads up. I literally had no clue that Islam is a religion.
Original post by intelligent con
Its because good hard working muslims have helped build up the economy by founding businesses and doing the jobs lazy white Brits don't want to do. In contrast you Brits raped and pillaged a quarter of the world which is why people from these countries have to immigrate in the first place.

Brits were also the first to abolish slavery. Pass me a biscuit please.
Your last point is incorrect. There are currently around 700,000 job vacancies (a near record) and more than 400,000 are full time.

In answer to your question the answer is no, i don't support restricting employment to natives however i'm not opposed to restricting elements of non-EU immigration and also spouse immigration.
Original post by JordanL_
EU migrants are unequivocally good for the UK. They're more educated and fill skilled jobs that the native population can't.

That's a lie. The majority of EU migrants are low-skilled workers.
Original post by NickLCFC

And a larger majority of British natives are low-skilled workers. Can't be bothered finding sources right now, but I posted a thread ages ago that links to a study. Something like ~35% of EU migrants have a degree compared to ~25% non-EU migrants and ~21% UK natives.

That's the same case with british workers too.

Honestly, your superiority complex has really given you a distorted perspective on the whole issue.
And a larger majority of British natives are low-skilled workers. Can't be bothered finding sources right now, but I posted a thread ages ago that links to a study. Something like ~35% of EU migrants have a degree compared to ~25% non-EU migrants and ~21% UK natives.

I can't really trust those figures if you don't provide a source. It also doesn't change the fact that there are still vast numbers of low-skilled EU migrants coming into the UK...

Migration Watch UK found the almost three quarters of Eastern Europeans working in the UK are in the low skilled jobs. A fair amount of these are pretty likely to claim tax credits.
Original post by Youngmetro
That's the same case with british workers too.

Honestly, your superiority complex has really given you a distorted perspective on the whole issue.

I'm not trying to suggest that British people/workers are somehow superior. I was simply saying that the majority of EU migrants coming to the UK are low skilled workers. That is a fact.
Once again the closet racism on TSR is becoming apparent.

Racism because someone is suggesting creating jobs for British people? Hilarious.

35% is very low
EU migrants are unequivocally good for the UK. They're more educated and fill skilled jobs that the native population can't.

Unemployment has been going down for a while. If you're getting outcompeted by people who don't even speak English as a first language, maybe you should've tried harder in school.

no they take jobs of plumbers and builders they also don't earn enough to pay for the public services that they use
Racism because someone is suggesting creating jobs for British people? Hilarious.

Jobs which a great amount of British people aren't qualified enough to carry out? :colone:
Original post by Dann.It
Jobs which a great amount of British people aren't qualified enough to carry out? :colone:

That's besides the point.
I'm not trying to suggest that British people/workers are somehow superior. I was simply saying that the majority of EU migrants coming to the UK are low skilled workers. That is a fact.

Yet the issue here is that they are taking british jobs. If they're better than low skilled british people then that's tough, should have made use of their education. If 'immigrants stealing our jobs' is really an issue, it just shows that these immigrants are better workers than the natives. Proposing that natives should have some form of advantage is just a passive form of discrimination, hence why there is a superiority complex

Really, you're 'fact' is irrelevant.
That's besides the point.

Not necessarily. The point is to create a job, and get someone that is qualified enough to fill it. You shouldn't be guaranteed a job due to being a native...
(edited 8 years ago)

Giving jobs to people specifically because of their race/ nationality and being a 'native' is discrimination.
Yet the issue here is that they are taking british jobs. If they're better than low skilled british people then that's tough, should have made use of their education. If 'immigrants stealing our jobs' is really an issue, it just shows that these immigrants are better workers than the natives. Proposing that natives should have some form of advantage is just a passive form of discrimination, hence why there is a superiority complex

Really, you're 'fact' is irrelevant.

Regardless of whether they're 'better workers than the natives' or not is irrelevant. British workers should be able to find a job in their own country. Wanting the government to prioritise the employment of British workers has nothing to do with a superiority complex. It's literally their job to put the British people first.

Giving jobs to people specifically because of their race/ nationality and being a 'native' is discrimination.

'British' people consist of multiple races so it's pretty ridiculous to equate it to racism. If you're going to throw around meaningless buzzwords at least use ones that make sense.
(edited 8 years ago)
Regardless of whether they're 'better workers than the natives' or not is irrelevant. British workers should be able to find a job in their own country. Wanting the government to prioritise the employment of British workers has nothing to do with a superiority complex. It's literally their job to put the British people first.

As already said, if you can't find a job then tough. Unemployment is currently very low anyway so many can find a job so really that is irrelevant. If you don't have the skills and there is someone better then that should prompt one to get themselves the necessary skills and improvements as opposed to blaming the polish guy who can do a better job than you. Thanks to such competition, we have increased our productive capacity and become the fastest growing economy in the western world.

No, it isn't the governments job to find a job for the lazy benefit scroungers, they can get themselves off to the jobcentre and find a job themselves. If they dont have the skills then they must do necessary training. If any proposal is going to encourage it, its lowering benefits.

The only government that can do such thing is a theoretical communist government.

'British' people consist of multiple races it's a pretty ridiculous to equate it to racism. If you're going to throw around meaningless buzzwords at least use ones that make sense.

As I said, its called closet racism for a reason.

And you don't seem to be replying to the point. A policy like this is blatant discrimination, which btw is illegal.

All i have to say really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending