The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster College Choice

I've recently received an unconditional offer from Lancaster uni, and it was my favourite uni anyway so I will definitely be going there next year. My question is which college I should apply to for accommodation, as it's difficult to get a real sense of what each college is like from just the website.
I plan to go for one of the superior en suite rooms, and I'd probably prefer not to be in one of the town houses or the tower.
I'm going to be doing physics, but unlike the typical stereotypical physicist I do a lot of sport, and am very social; I love partying etc.
Any recommendations for what college I may like would be much appreciated :biggrin:
It doesn't matter really. There is not a lot of difference between the colleges. Personally I would recommend choosing a college close to the centre of campus, e.g. Bowland/Furness/Fylde. Then you never have to walk that far to anywhere.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Werewolfgrub
I've recently received an unconditional offer from Lancaster uni, and it was my favourite uni anyway so I will definitely be going there next year. My question is which college I should apply to for accommodation, as it's difficult to get a real sense of what each college is like from just the website.
I plan to go for one of the superior en suite rooms, and I'd probably prefer not to be in one of the town houses or the tower.
I'm going to be doing physics, but unlike the typical stereotypical physicist I do a lot of sport, and am very social; I love partying etc.
Any recommendations for what college I may like would be much appreciated :biggrin:

When i went up for an interview, the woman who gave us a tour said that Grizedale usually gets the most applicants as it's very central and is the newest college if thats any help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Llew_Ch97
When i went up for an interview, the woman who gave us a tour said that Grizedale usually gets the most applicants as it's very central and is the newest college if thats any help

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's only central in the sense that it's half way between the Northernmost and Southernmost parts of campus. Bowland is the most central in terms of actually being near the bits of campus where things happen.

Speaking from experience, virtually all of the colleges are the same in terms of culture. There's no specific types of people that gravitate towards a particular college.
Reply 4
Original post by Werewolfgrub

Any reason why you don't want to be in the tower? I was there last year and it was lovely! Although if it's a heights/stairs issue then that's understandable - despite there being a lift, it occasionally breaks. Just don't apply to Bowland in that case as that's the only location for the superior ensuite rooms in that college. Townhouses aren't superior ensuite so you don't have to worry about that.

All of the colleges are fairly similar, honestly - Fylde has the reputation as the sporty college, but that's more of a manufactured stereotype than anything else. Cartmel and Lonsdale are in south west campus so a 10 minute walk away from everything else, but nothing on campus is too far apart really.
My friend who was at Pendle college said the social life was amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending