The Student Room Group

The benefits of celibacy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
PRSOM

PROSM :wink:
Original post by sherlockfan
Yes, and eating chocolate feels good too but that doesn't mean that I can keep eating it without noticing the consequences. Sex isn't rational, it's based on instant gratification.

Are you seriously arguing that sex isn't rational?

The fact you think it is instant gratification says it all really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Are you seriously arguing that sex isn't rational?

The fact you think it is instant gratification says it all really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course I am. Are you suggesting that people have sex for rational reasons?
(edited 7 years ago)

If that's not motive enough to stay celibate then I don't know what is.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/8168531/No-sex-please-the-joys-of-a-celibate-life.html

You've failed to motivate anybody who isn't an insatiable sex pest with no concept of safety precautions.

Better luck next time.
Of course I am. Are you suggesting that people have sex for rational reasons?

By that logic, eating isn't rational. You eat when you feel hungry to satisfy you hunger - rational

You have sex when you feel horny and you want to satisfy your libido - also rational.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
By that logic, eating isn't rational. You eat when you feel hungry to satisfy you hunger - rational

You have sex when you feel horny and you want to satisfy your libido - also rational.

How many times? If you don't eat you die. You don't die from not having sex.

When you go to eat do you think about that you will die if you don't eat or are you eating because you're hungry at the moment?

You really don't have a case here.
When you go to eat do you think about that you will die if you don't eat or are you eating because you're hungry at the moment?

You really don't have a case here.

What a daft thing to say. Food is obviously a more basic need than sex.

No, the entire human race does.
No, the entire human race does.

that doesnt make celibacy a bad thing any more than being gay.

Being celibate is an decesion. Being gay is not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But people can't choose to be gay.
Being celibate is an decesion. Being gay is not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so what? why does that make it bad?

and please learn to spell. 'decision'.
But people can't choose to be gay.

and your point is...?
This is thick. This all could have been avoided with regular trips to her local GUM clinic...
and your point is...?

My point is that the statement about homosexuality is null and void because it is irrelevant to the conversation.

But you already knew that. This entire thread is ridiculous, it is about a woman who made terrible life choices and then went celibate because of those terrible choices.

What sort of a complete moron gambles all of their money on the stock market? If anything I wouldn't do anything that she has done because she has royally ****ed her life up.
just because it's not for you doesn't mean it's not a valid choice for some people. it's not an extreme. celibacy is not about denial or repression. it's about finding joy and satisfaction in things other than sex. it sounds like you could do with some educating on these issues yourself.
personally I think everyone could benefit from a period of celibacy but I'm not trying to convert anyone. I just want to make the idea of it more widely accepted and reduce the social alienation of people who don't find satisfaction in sexual or romantic relationships.

Both celibacy and promiscuity are two sides of the same coin; taking things to extremes. Just enjoy it in moderation and use a condom.
My point is that the statement about homosexuality is null and void because it is irrelevant to the conversation.

But you already knew that. This entire thread is ridiculous, it is about a woman who made terrible life choices and then went celibate because of those terrible choices.

What sort of a complete moron gambles all of their money on the stock market? If anything I wouldn't do anything that she has done because she has royally ****ed her life up.

It's not irrelevant. if the entire human population was gay, we would die out. if everyone was celibate, we would also die out. but that doesn't mean that homosexuality or celibacy is bad.

it's one thing to insult me, but why are you so bitter and insulting towards the person who wrote that blog? she is trying to build her life back together. I suppose it's because ignorant people like yourself are frightened of others who don't live like them :rolleyes:
so what? why does that make it bad?

and please learn to spell. 'decision'.

It's just a typo. Geesh. Why are you so hostile?
Original post by Venusian Visitor
Both celibacy and promiscuity are two sides of the same coin; taking things to extremes. Just enjoy it in moderation and use a condom.

some people are promiscuous and I don't judge them. why are you judging people who are celibate? who is it really hurting?

Quick Reply

Latest