The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hirsty97
I don't understand why anyone would date a redhead

At least we can get laid :tongue:
Original post by MrDystopia
Perhaps they don't want one?
Perhaps they haven't met anyone they're comfortable with?
Perhaps they're too shy?
Perhaps they're too busy for one?

There's a multitude of reasons which I'm sure you could've worked out?

I presume you mean an actual relationship as opposed to teenage nonsense which the vast majority of the time means absolutely nothing.

This. Dumb question :lol:
Personal preference tbh , i dont see the point in seeking meaningless relationships.
its **** easy for girls to get laid.
Original post by TSR Mustafa

Walk into bar
Ask 5 guys
Get sex

Easy life tbh

Nope. Not true
All you have to do is look somewhat attractive.
It is so obvious if you have any grip on reality and real life that men and women can be friends. :lol:

Society is made up of friendships and bonds between human beings, and it is not impossible or surprising that some of these bonds and friendships are not made up of romantic attraction, or a desire to pursue a romantic relationship. Nevertheless, perhaps you can be attracted to someone in the sense of thinking they are beautiful, or attraction based on personality. But this does not equate to wanting to pursue a relationship with them either, because in some cases you don't want to jeopardise a good friendship or because there is no romantic spark there, among many other reasons.

That is why you shouldn't expect friends to ask friends out just by the virtue of gender.
ITT nerds
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
It is so obvious if you have any grip on reality and real life that men and women can be friends. :lol:

Society is made up of friendships and bonds between human beings, and it is not impossible or surprising that some of these bonds and friendships are not made up of romantic attraction, or a desire to pursue a romantic relationship. Nevertheless, perhaps you can be attracted to someone in the sense of thinking they are beautiful, or attraction based on personality. But this does not equate to wanting to pursue a relationship with them either, because in some cases you don't want to jeopardise a good friendship or because there is no romantic spark there, among many other reasons.

That is why you shouldn't expect friends to ask friends out just by the virtue of gender.

Again, scientific evidence or nothing :smile:

In real life men aren't friends with women unless they want something else that male companionship can't give them? Why would they be? They have their male friends to do 'guy' stuff with
All you have to do is look somewhat attractive.

So you admit that not all woman can get laid easily?
Personal preference tbh , i dont see the point in seeking meaningless relationships.

Yet you post on TSR, an exponentially more pointless and less enjoyable activity.

Go out and lose your virginity, then see if you still feel the same way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ja

Je moeder
Original post by dairychocolate
Yet you post on TSR, an exponentially more pointless and less enjoyable activity.

Go out and lose your virginity, then see if you still feel the same way.

Posting on TSR requires a lot less effort than seeking a relationship , besides im not good with people im better off alone. Btw i do plan on having a relationship in the future but in regards to sixth form and high school , not for me.
Original post by Noodle0
This is such a juicy thread because if I had to hazard a guess 90% of the people on this forum haven't had a "proper" gf/bf yet. Including me. :yeah:

Lmao at all the butthurt
Ja

Je moeder

English please

Spoiler

You don't need scientific evidence for everything, the simple fact that platonic relationships between men and women exist is enough. Some of my friends are like family to me. :lol:

Also, why do you need to understand why people get to the age of 18 without a boyfriend or girlfriend? Can you not find any scientific studies to inform you of the answer? You made a thread hoping to get a lot of scientific replies?

Perhaps you should conduct a study to research into this area if you can't possibly fathom why people don't have boyfriends or girlfriends. :h:

I can give you so many reasons right now that will answer the OP of your thread, (e.g. cultural reasons, protective parents, shyness, not wanting one), but you'd probably reject them all and ask me to cite a study or provide some evidence for them. :hahaha:
You haven't mentioned that in your thread
Original post by AngryRedhead

101 different reasons but I'm more curious why the concern? People do things at their own paces and have other things going on in life.

Maybe they're refugees fleeing war?
Maybe they're homosexual and struggling with it?
Maybe they're transexual and struggling with that?

Maybe mental health or disability concerns either with them or someone they're close too.

Maybe they was abused and struggle to attach to people?

Or just maybe, they're not interested?

Believe it or not, I kept my sex life a secret leading many to believe I was a virgin longer than expected, because I knew, I didn't really care.

Again, 101 reasons but why the concern?
I don't get why there is the interpretation that women find it easier than men to get laid, i mean there are actually slightly more women than men, so surely it would be the other way around?

Anyway, I kinda regret going to a single sex school because I feel like i've missed out on something beautiful

Latest

Trending

Trending