The Student Room Group

'Swiss army ready to act in worst case migrant scenario'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pjm600

It's quite surprising that users of a usually liberal leaning forum hold these views.

I'm sorry that this 'liberal leaning forum' isn't the hive mind that you want it to be :frown:
Reply 21
Original post by Josb
Nobody mentioned their ethnicity?

No they didn't, but we're obviously not talking about white christians are we?
Reply 22
Original post by NickLCFC
I'm sorry that this liberal leaning forum isn't the hive mind that you want it to be :frown:

Could you not think of anything more constructive to pick up on?

I said surprising, not unfortunate, surprising. TSR has typically been liberal about most issues, so it is surprising that they are anti-immigration on this issue. Great chat.
Original post by pjm600
Could you not think of anything more constructive to pick up on?

I said surprising, not unfortunate, surprising. TSR has typically been liberal about most issues, so it is surprising that they are anti-immigration on this issue. Great chat.

But there was literally nothing constructive about your original post...

1) My intention wasn't to make for 'comfortable reading'. This isn't a 'comfortable' issue. Illegal invader is a perfectly acceptable description IMO.

2) It's pretty much irrelevant that you're 'surprised' at non-liberal views.

3) As already pointed out, I'm not dehumanising them based on their ethnicity. In fact, I wouldn't say I'm dehumanising them at all.
(edited 7 years ago)
Good on Switzerland the majority of these people are economical migrants
Reply 25
Original post by pjm600
No they didn't, but we're obviously not talking about white christians are we?

Well, if white Christians were flocking to my country, asking to change our laws for them, assaulting people, refusing to work - or to let their wife work, forcing their wife and daughters to wear barbaric outfits, pissing everybody off with their special diet requirements, were involved in many grooming gangs, etc. I would not want them either.

Hopefully, most white Christians are not like that.
Original post by Josb
Well, if white Christians were flocking to my country, asking to change our laws for them, assaulting people, refusing to work - or to let their wife work, forcing their wife and daughters to wear barbaric outfits, pissing everybody off with their special diet requirements, were involved in many grooming gangs, etc. I would not want them either.

Hopefully, most white Christians are not like that.

What do you mean by barbaric outfits ?
Reply 27
Original post by _icecream
What do you mean by barbaric outfits ?

Reply 28

1) My intention wasn't to make for 'comfortable reading'. This isn't a 'comfortable' issue. Illegal invader is a perfectly acceptable description IMO.

2) It's irrelevant that you're 'surprised' at non-liberal views.

3) As already pointed out, I'm not dehumanising them based on their ethnicity. In fact, I wouldn't say I'm dehumanising them at all.

I've not said you're dehumanising them, but certain people have dehumanised them. The term 'illegal invader' does nothing more than separate 'them' from 'us', making contempt seem acceptable
Original post by pjm600
I've not said you're dehumanising them, but certain people have dehumanised them. The term 'illegal invader' does nothing more than separate 'them' from 'us', making contempt seem acceptable

But the thing is there is a Us and a them. not that they are less human but we need to realise that many of them are against the law and are only coming to reap the benefits that they get.
Reply 30
Good on the Swiss for being prepared to defend their boarders against illegal intruders.

2) It's pretty much irrelevant that you're 'surprised' at non-liberal views.

Sounds like you have invaded someone else's safe space. For shame, also, someone call the police !
Reply 32
Why are some people excited at the prospect of violence? Grow up, stop being children. Attacking refugees with Swiss army knives- not cool. Some of you sound like a bunch of skinheads.
Reply 33
Original post by JohnGreek
Good. I'm ashamed of the fact that my country (Greece) hasn't mobilised its army yet to deal with the disaster at its refugee camps.

What, to kill them for fleeing war? How would you like it if you had to flee your country because of war to Lebanon or Turkey and they mobilised the army on your family. You disgust me.
Reply 34
Who said anything about killing them? I meant either deporting them back to Turkey or containing them in their refugee camps. If you bothered to read the news instead of trying to do your silly ad homimens, you'd see that one of the major issues facing Greek refugee camps is the underwhelming presence of police, allowing the refugees to break into local homes and blockade local transport networks during their protests (such as the railway tracks that pass through Eidomeni across the border into Macedonia). In these cases, having the army to guard these camps is a matter of security.

Well, it seems I have jumped the gun- Sorry about my little outburst. Anyway, I do agree that there needs to be law and order in the camps to prevent criminal activities. What I propose would be to sort out the migrants into legitimate refugees and economic migrants. The economic migrants should all be deported. Those who also commit crimes should also be deported.

This leaves us with legitimate refugees that can be resettled in different countries and given visas until the conflicts in their countries of origin are over. Simple. As a Muslim, I'm annoyed with hateful and false claims of how 'Muslims' are invading Europe when nothing is being done to address the current situation directly.
Who said anything about killing them? I meant either deporting them back to Turkey or containing them in their refugee camps. If you bothered to read the news instead of trying to do your silly ad homimens, you'd see that one of the major issues facing Greek refugee camps is the underwhelming presence of police, allowing the refugees to break into local homes and blockade local transport networks during their protests (such as the railway tracks that pass through Eidomeni across the border into Macedonia). In these cases, having the army to guard these camps is a matter of security.

It's because the government don't seem to be able to do something as simple as increasing police expenditure. I'm surprised there aren't mafias springing up all over the place offering third party justice.

Remind me why these people have power again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Sweden should take note.

Armed guards on borders with processing checkpoints at the most likely entry points would be a start. If any of them start acting violently or try to rush past barriers (as was the case with Calais), shoot and disperse.

Unfortunately, even if the armies of Europe were deployed, most, if not all of the leaders lack the bravery to actually allow soldiers to shoot them (which I think they should, they are invaders.)
Original post by _icecream
Good on Switzerland the majority of these people are economical migrants

All of them my friend, all.
Swiss army... lmao

What army ^^
Original post by The_Opinion
Unfortunately, even if the armies of Europe were deployed, most, if not all of the leaders lack the bravery to actually allow soldiers to shoot them (which I think they should, they are invaders.)

True enough but I think batons, rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannons would be enough to disperse the majority.

The rest who are on their way would get the message and with any luck, flee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending