The Student Room Group

Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BubbleBoobies
well, I've had 2 cans - I don't even know if that's even very much at this stage in my life :lol: I've taken about 10 in one night before

Fairs, probably not the best for health, but hey ho, who cares :biggrin:

Insomniac at all, or just redbull lover who can't sleep?? (sorry if you don't wanna answer!)
one of my friends did that...he also took ecstasy during his last exam and failed :lol: although some might be able to function mentally on cannabis, my mental abilities definitely decrease the more I smoke
i can understand that. I bet he told his examiner how much he loved him 🙊😂
Original post by mobbsy91
Fairs, probably not the best for health, but hey ho, who cares :biggrin:

Insomniac at all, or just redbull lover who can't sleep?? (sorry if you don't wanna answer!)

I had what at least seemed like insomnia last week whereby I had drank no caffeinated drinks yet I was still unable to sleep even with a full day's duration of awakeness and no energy drinks - tonight though I'm just staying up to revise :lol: if I really need to get less awake, cannabis will tend to make me sleepy, so it's a bit of an off-switch
Oh my god!! That sounds sooo good :biggrin: And nice, it's always good to catch up - only really got a couple of friends who I'd consider to be good enough friends that I could not see them for that long and still wanna catch up, so that's pretty sweet :yy:
It really is ! You know what when I was young I had a lot of friends but the more mature I got throughout the years the more I realized that I only need 5, hell even 1 good friend who will always be there for me, ya know what I mean ?
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
i can understand that. I bet he told his examiner how much he loved him 🙊😂

I think the thought of ****ing up prevented him from getting the words out :lol: also - he had to retake the exam in august - and he failed again because he didn't revise. he's retaken the year this time.
I think the thought of ****ing up prevented him from getting the words out :lol: also - he had to retake the exam in august - and he failed again because he didn't revise. he's retaken the year this time.
damnn Daniel hopefully he doesn't do the same thing next time and passes !
I had what at least seemed like insomnia last week whereby I had drank no caffeinated drinks yet I was still unable to sleep even with a full day's duration of awakeness and no energy drinks - tonight though I'm just staying up to revise :lol: if I really need to get less awake, cannabis will tend to make me sleepy, so it's a bit of an off-switch

Fair enough! Yeh, I should probably revise as well, BUT... this thread and Grey's Anatomy keep me distracted :biggrin:

It really is ! You know what when I was young I had a lot of friends but the more mature I got throughout the years the more I realized that I only need 5, hell even 1 good friend who will always be there for me, ya know what I mean ?

Yeh exactly!!! I've only got 2 real friends... One I've known since about 3/4 and one from university... I always know, even if I don't speak to them for a while, we'll still be like, hey, you wanna meet up this week or something... It's a really good feeling! However, I don't particularly like not having other friends really, because it means that I have very few people to ask if they wanna hang out just generally...

But, just gotta make do with who's around, and I wouldn't trade my 2 really good friends for anything!
damnn Daniel hopefully he doesn't do the same thing next time and passes !
Fair enough! Yeh, I should probably revise as well, BUT... this thread and Grey's Anatomy keep me distracted :biggrin:

Yeh exactly!!! I've only got 2 real friends... One I've known since about 3/4 and one from university... I always know, even if I don't speak to them for a while, we'll still be like, hey, you wanna meet up this week or something... It's a really good feeling! However, I don't particularly like not having other friends really, because it means that I have very few people to ask if they wanna hang out just generally...

But, just gotta make do with who's around, and I wouldn't trade my 2 really good friends for anything!
exactly ! Those are the type of friends that will stand by your side..I can tell your mature 😁
(edited 7 years ago)
Peeps calling themselves insomniacs because they're up at 1am... amateurs.
exactly ! Those are the type of friends that will stand by your side..I can't tell your mature 😁

Can't? Can? :redface: :wink: But yeh, definitely the ones that I do want!
Original post by John55
Peeps calling themselves insomniacs because they're up at 1am... amateurs.

Are they amateur if they've been to a doctor multiple times about it etc...?
Can't? Can? :redface: :wink: But yeh, definitely the ones that I do want!
i meant can* sorry 🙊 Btw what kind of music are you into ?
i meant can* sorry 🙊 Btw what kind of music are you into ?

Haha, I saw your edit! And you might change your mind about me being mature when I say I don't really listen to music!
Haha, I saw your edit! And you might change your mind about me being mature when I say I don't really listen to music!
really ? Haha sticking to what I said 😃
really ? Haha sticking to what I said 😃

Yep :biggrin: And fairs :yy:
Are they amateur if they've been to a doctor multiple times about it etc...?

The doctor just infuriated me, refused me sleeping pills and to cap it off gave me a leaflet that said to do stuff like go for a walk before bed. Totally not taking me seriously at all. Anyway long story short I've been self medicating co-codamol to sleep. It barely works anymore but of course I can't up the dose because that's how you get addicted. I have other reasons for taking it such as anxiety and it still works for that though. Right now I'm kinda sleepy but not much, I could easily stay awake even if I did lie down.
Original post by Venusian Visitor
The doctor just infuriated me, refused me sleeping pills and to cap it off gave me a leaflet that said to do stuff like go for a walk before bed. Totally not taking me seriously at all. Anyway long story short I've been self medicating co-codamol to sleep. It barely works anymore but of course I can't up the dose because that's how you get addicted. I have other reasons for taking it such as anxiety and it still works for that though. Right now I'm kinda sleepy but not much, I could easily stay awake even if I did lie down.

Oh don't get me wrong, the vast majority of doctors I've seen have been absolutely awful! Yeh, it really ****s me off when they say, "why not go for a run before bed" and stuff like that... as if I've not been told that before..

Yeh, obviously if it's helping with your anxiety and it's at a manageable dose, then sure, but just be careful with it! I've had problems with codeine based medication before, and it's not nice!

Yeh, the joys of 2am :/
@ZuluK - surely revision is over now :tongue:

I finished that season of Grey's Anatomy - oh my god!!!! It was such an amazing episode!!! Come back :tongue:
Oh don't get me wrong, the vast majority of doctors I've seen have been absolutely awful! Yeh, it really ****s me off when they say, "why not go for a run before bed" and stuff like that... as if I've not been told that before..

Yeh, obviously if it's helping with your anxiety and it's at a manageable dose, then sure, but just be careful with it! I've had problems with codeine based medication before, and it's not nice!

Yeh, the joys of 2am :/

Finally someone who understands my choice of medication. Another doctor further pissed me off because when I told her she accused me of being a drug addict! This is after trying three of the doctors anti-depressants which messed me up in different ways. I tried co-codamol knowing it was an opiate and it worked wonders. Helped me sleep and helped my anxiety. As I said I'm careful to not take too much and not for too long but that bitch compared me to a junkie.

I'm not even sure why I can't sleep now. I'm not depressed right now and I have a plan for the future.

Quick Reply