The Student Room Group

US police kill another innocent young black man

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-home-square-police-shooting-20160411-story.html

His family said Loury was the oldest of five children, an aspiring rapper who attended Community Christian Alternative Academy in the West Side's Lawndale neighborhood.

Will racism ever end ? :frown:
The US Police are committing genocide against black people

[video="youtube;KuZrSzc9KvQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZrSzc9KvQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Original post by Multiculturalism
The US Police are committing genocide against black people

No they aren't.
He dindu nuffin.
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
No they aren't.

Profound argument.
nows how easily boys are drawn to a life of violence in the Homan Square neighborhood.But she still can't understand how her 16-year-old nephew ended up shot to death after allegedly confronting a Chicago police officer with a gun Monday evening."Once again, we're looking at environment, this community. How some of these young boys are just plagued with certain influences," Winters said Tuesday. "But not to this extent, by no means."Police say the officer shot Pierre Loury after stopping a car suspected of being connected to an earlier shooting.

A weapon was found on scene and was taken into evidence, he said. An alley between Roosevelt Road and Grenshaw was blocked with red evidence tape, and an evidence marker on Roosevelt showed where a gun magazine lay on the ground.

So the facts we have are in an area known for its violence a young man suspected of a shooting has a firearm in his possession and is shot by police. Forgive me for not seeing how this is in any way racist. Did they pull him over and go 'oh sh!t he's black, blast that n****r!' or is it he had a firearm on his person in a bad part of town with the cops predisposed to panic by being told he had already discharged his firearm.

When anything happens to an ethnic minority its racist, same thing happens to a white person he deserved it for his actions. The cognitive dissonance is real
Original post by irfan98
Profound argument.

It isn't an argument, it is a statement of fact.
'Innocent'.

Vast majority of police killings have some reason behind them.

And no, 'institutionalized racism' isn't one of them.
What about all the whites that are killed by black-on-white violence that goes virtually unreported?

He doesn't look so innocent in that pic. Just a typical ghetto-dweller with a propensity for violence and devoid of any civilised principles.
I'm so against police brutality but the picture of him holding the gun isn't helpful in feeling sympathetic. This gangster culture needs to die out.,
"Innocent."
Have you read the article. The story is that he fled the scene of a crime during which he pulled a gun on an officer. The officer firing back in that case is entirely justified.
Reply 12
A kid pulls a gun on the cop and gets shot, it's as simple as that race is irrelevant here.
why is it that BLM have decided that officers don't have a right to protect themselves?

If you want to discuss race let's also talk about why blacks kill police officers at a higher rate than police kill blacks.
Blacks per million killed by police 7.22.
Police killed by blacks is around 14 per million.
Original post by joecphillips
A kid pulls a gun on the cop and gets shot, it's as simple as that race is irrelevant here.
why is it that BLM have decided that officers don't have a right to protect themselves?

If you want to discuss race let's also talk about why blacks kill police officers at a higher rate than police kill blacks.

Could you link those values. The first one I have seen values around that but the latter I haven't and can't find any that give jpsuch indication.
Reply 14
Original post by garfeeled
Could you link those values. The first one I have seen values around that but the latter I haven't and can't find any that give jpsuch indication.

The figures is what I found using the fbi database then a Google search of the amount of police in the USA.

I could only find 2012 statistics so it is based off those.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/leoka/2012/officers-feloniously-killed/felonious_topic_page_-2012

48 police Killed
There are 51 suspects, 48 of them have their race reported, 16 black.
There are 1,133,000 police officers

16/1133000x1 million=14.1218005296

I know using 16 isn't the best but with all the available data it is what I thought should be used as there are 48 suspects with race available.

Obviously there are things not taken into account but the number of police killed only includes felonious killings, something BLM don't take into account in their statistics.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips

Interesting argument. I'm not saying your right or wrong but I'd be interested to see the figures if you factored in the number of blacks that get arrested and then die in custody, from state sanctioned execution or otherwise.
I doubt those figures could be found but it's an interesting thought nonetheless.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by DiddyDec
It isn't an argument, it is a statement of fact.

That's definitely true, to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending