The Student Room Group

Do you believe in God or not?

Scroll to see replies

I do not believe in any kind of god or anything metaphysical.
Original post by Apod
Yea I believe there should be someone (God) who create the whole universe. If not, how can we explain the genesis of universe?

The Big Bang Theory.
Original post by Apod
Yea I believe there should be someone (God) who create the whole universe. If not, how can we explain the genesis of universe?
How do you explain the genesis of God?

It simply does not make any sense to complicate the universe by saying God created it only to then say God has always existed.

Why has God always existed? Who made God?

There is no evidence for the existence of a God. No matter how much people proclaim a God, does not make it real.

The truth is we do not know (as yet) the events which culminated in the Big bang resulting in the universe within which we exist.

As a person with a strongly scientific background, I must keep an open mind. It may have been a God that created our universe, but all our observations and experiment are amassing immense evidence that there is no God.
I don't believe in a god, maybe higher existence which could be similar to god. I believe in a cynic life in a human being for sure.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
Christianity as a religion gave us more than anything else ever could. A structured, good set of morals, art, literature, law, the church had a hand in Magna Carta, the most amazing architecture in the world, a united population behind one belief, the list is endless.

As I said, I'm still agnostic for the most part, but denying that Christianity has had a good and moral influence on our society is ludicrous.

In some way I agree, but do we- in 2016, really need religion to teach us morals? Some of the 'morals' are outdated as well (divorce, abortion, being gay etc)
Original post by Hydeman
Not. If you're looking for quantifiable results, it might be helpful to add a poll, @Aaron2515. Though bear in mind that the demographics here are naturally skewed towards fairly young people.

The design argument has been refuted to the ends of the universe and back. :tongue:

Depends on the type of design argument :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't believe in God or anything supernatural .
No.
As much as I'd love to believe we live on after death, I don't believe in God

Posted from TSR Mobile
Despite my best efforts, no.

I'm coming around to the idea, though. It seems less magical, somehow, to imagine this was all created simply by this one being making it so.
Original post by acupofgreentea
Despite my best efforts, no.

:sigh:

I'm coming around to the idea, though.

:awesome:
No, I believe in Allah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
:sigh:

Efforts that are a thing of the past, it would be important to note. :console:

Out of curiosity, if I were to accredit you with my coming around to athiesm, would this change your position in regards to my current rep ban?

A hypothetical question, of course. :innocent:
Reply 54
This is a completely different idea to that. You think it's that dumb because you don't understand it. Besides, isn't being able to perform miracles the entire point of being God? What's the point of a God that can't do anything special? The biggest piece of evidence against theism is pure ignorance. Maybe I don't believe ABSOLUTELY everything in the Bible, given that some of it is metaphorical to explain concepts, but its message is still a very strong one even in today's society. Science explains how, religion explains why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by acupofgreentea
Efforts that are a thing of the past, it would be important to note. :console:

Out of curiosity, if I were to accredit you with my coming around to athiesm, would this change your position in regards to my current rep ban?

A hypothetical question, of course. :innocent:

It would be one part of your application. :pierre:

(Also, make sure to spell 'atheism' correctly on the form. It's important. :wink:)
Yes. But not in religion.
Original post by Hydeman

:u:

It would be one part of your application. :pierre:

(Also, make sure to spell 'atheism' correctly on the form. It's important. :wink:)

But ... but ... "i" before "e" except after C. :sad: Don't penalise me for this, the blame lies with the illogical rules the education system ingrained in me. :hand:

It's ten in the morning, anyway. Don't you TSR spellcheckers take holidays. :huff:

But if you insist, I suppose this is doable. I feel my application should be looking good enough at this point, though. :noway:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 58
I agree, this is a problem which will loop infinitely.
In my own view(u can just ignore me), a so-called God (god1)who create the universe(even the universe before bigbang), and there must be someone more powerful to create (god1) and so on. Perhaps there is a more higher level of space exists
But I think human isn't possible to find out the genesis of all the thing.
@Zargabaath

TSR is saying you quoted me yet, no quote. :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending