The Student Room Group

Might be going to Prison..will be writing a book

Well I have court on May 6th for attempting to flee the police and my lawyer said usually Id get off but because my record is filled with low-level crimes its likely they will give me anywhere from 12-24 weeks. What is there to do in prison? I was thinking of writing a book whilst in there documenting my days kinda like Nelson Mandela. Im not that concerned about going to prison guess I will just stay in my cell and sleep until I am released.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Souljer
Well I have court on May 6th for attempting to flee the police and my lawyer said usually Id get off but because my record is filled with low-level crimes its likely they will give me anywhere from 12-24 weeks. What is there to do in prison? I was thinking of writing a book whilst in there documenting my days kinda like Nelson Mandela. Im not that concerned about going to prison guess I will just stay in my cell and sleep until I am released.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write about your favourite TSR member.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought you weren't allowed to write books of that nature due to them "glorifying criminality" or some such nonsense. I might be wrong though.
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write an autobiography outlining your political ideology and future plans for the country.
And call it "My Struggle".
And include a picture on the front of you looking towards the reader with an angry face.
And square moustache.
Reply 4
Prison break season 5!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Twelve to twenty-four weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things (bearing in mind you only spend half of your sentence, and if you're 21 or younger you'll be in a Young Offenders Institute). Personally, I think it's ridiculous that this country imprisons non-violent offenders anyway, especially when each innate costs upwards of £30,000 a year.
Its a hard knock life for us.
In all honesty no one will care about you being a random guy in jail for a low level crime, so the book would just be for you.

Do some self improvement seems like you need it. work out and think about how you could stop doing crimes
Reply 8
Original post by AperfectBalance
In all honesty no one will care about you being a random guy in jail for a low level crime, so the book would just be for you.

Do some self improvement seems like you need it. work out and think about how you could stop doing crimes

Agree with this, although it seems you're egging him on to commit a more serious crime. (In the first paragraph).
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you're going to write a book.

All I see is someone posting in order to get validation. "Look at me everybody I'm such a gang-star."
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Fort Austin
I don't think you're going to write a book.

All I see is someone posting in order to get validation. "Look at me everybody I'm such a gang-star."

How? I dont see how my situation is different to Nelson Mandelas.. Pretty sure he didn't think of himself as a "gang-star" during his time inside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by jake4198
Twelve to twenty-four weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things (bearing in mind you only spend half of your sentence, and if you're 21 or younger you'll be in a Young Offenders Institute). Personally, I think it's ridiculous that this country imprisons non-violent offenders anyway, especially when each innate costs upwards of £30,000 a year.

Nope 18 year olds go to adult prisons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
How? I dont see how my situation is different to Nelson Mandelas.. Pretty sure he didn't think of himself as a "gang-star" during his time inside.
Posted from TSR Mobile

You definitely come across like you want validation and attention for going to prison. It's like you see yourself as edgy and dark...or like I said...a gang-star.
Is this where the £15,000 that your gfs mum gave you to ditch your gf and sleep with her, went?
Original post by jake4198

It's ridiculous that prison cost that much at all.

Google "Tent City Arizona"
Reply 15
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you making this up?
Original post by 999tigger
Is this where the £15,000 that your gfs mum gave you to ditch your gf and sleep with her, went?

:lol: well played. I forgot about that.
can you earn rep in prison ? :holmes:
Reply 18
Original post by 999tigger

I still have 9k ish left.. How does this tie into anything.. Asif it would stop me going to prison?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
Nope 18 year olds go to adult prisons

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you typed that without even doing a quick Google search. Under 21s go to Young Offenders Institutes.

Quick Reply

Latest