The Student Room Group

How much mobile phone data do you use each month?

MODS, please don't move this to the mobile phone forum.

I am debating if I should buy an iPhone 6s with 2GB data (£26 p/m) or iPhone 6s with 6GB data (£31 p/m). Obviously the 6GB one is more expensive, but I would never need to worry about going over my data limit.

Is it conceivable that somebody would use 6GB in a month, or would 2GB suffice for average needs?

BTW, there is no 3GB/4GB options. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

I was using to much but now have reduced my contract down to 250mb so that i don't spend so long on Facebook and stuff while i am out haha plus I have wifi at work and home so seems pointless for me to need any data really. I would go with the 2GB option if i was you :biggrin: and just keep track of your data usage, what network is it on? if its O2 they will text you when you have used up 80% so its really hard to go over. x
Like 50GB-100GB:u: youtube watching on the to college in 1080P:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I'd go for the 6gb if I were you.
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
I was using to much but now have reduced my contract down to 250mb so that i don't spend so long on Facebook and stuff while i am out haha plus I have wifi at work and home so seems pointless for me to need any data really. I would go with the 2GB option if i was you :biggrin: and just keep track of your data usage, what network is it on? if its O2 they will text you when you have used up 80% so its really hard to go over. x

It's on Vodafone actually. They are a good way cheaper than 02.
Reply 5
Virgin is unlimited for that money
0 GB.
About 3.5GB.
Reply 8
Go for 6GB. The value's much better for 6GB (£5 difference for an extra 4GB).
I use about 40 Gb a month sometimes more.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel

I'm on Vodafone and have a 6S but pay £45 for a 6GB data plan lol :cry: did u pay a lot upfront?

I say go with 6GB definitely
Original post by M14B

LOL, there's no such things as unlimited data.
Original post by AperfectBalance
I use about 40 Gb a month sometimes more.

WTF, do you download movies every day or something?!
x

Sorry to disappoint, but it belongs here, so I've had to move it. My apologies again.

Cheers.
Reply 14
LOL, there's no such things as unlimited data.

Call it very high then
MODS, please don't move this to the mobile phone forum.

I am debating if I should buy an iPhone 6s with 2GB data (£26 p/m) or iPhone 6s with 6GB data (£31 p/m). Obviously the 6GB one is more expensive, but I would never need to worry about going over my data limit.

Is it conceivable that somebody would use 6GB in a month, or would 2GB suffice for average needs?

BTW, there is no 3GB/4GB options. :frown:

If it's only £5 a month more, than go for the 6GB. You'll have peace of mind that you won't be going over your limit anytime.

It also depends on what you are using the data for. Streaming mediaand file downloads (particularly if you download a lot of apps) will also use up data very quickly.

I was on a 3.5GB plan with Virgin Mobile. I'm now switching to a 16GB plan on EE. Totally worth it as I'll get 4G and more data to play with. This month I have already used up 2.6GB data.
Get the 6gb if you can afford it, though 2gb is still quite a lot if you use wifi at home.

I'm on Vodafone and have a 6S but pay £45 for a 6GB data plan lol :cry: did u pay a lot upfront?

I say go with 6GB definitely
Original post by M14B

No it isn't!

I've been with Virgin Mobile for a while now, and got their "unlimited" plan. It's actually 3.5GB - use any more than that and you'll be stuck on 384 kilobits/sec for the rest of the month. Ouch.

If you want truly unlimited data (with no slowdowns like this), Three is your best bet.
Original post by spotify95
If it's only £5 a month more, than go for the 6GB. You'll have peace of mind that you won't be going over your limit anytime.

It also depends on what you are using the data for. Streaming mediaand file downloads (particularly if you download a lot of apps) will also use up data very quickly.

I was on a 3.5GB plan with Virgin Mobile. I'm now switching to a 16GB plan on EE. Totally worth it as I'll get 4G and more data to play with. This month I have already used up 2.6GB data.

I will pretty much only be using the data for basic app stuff when on days out etc... mainly Snapchat, which drains my data AND my battery :frown:

At work and home, I use free wifi. Even in hotels I have wifi, plus nowadays on hundreds of London Underground stations I also get free wifi.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending