The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ok my serious answer to this is
Girls dont notice me:frown: and i am too shy to make the first move

Once when i was in year 9 a girl had a crush on me but i didnt feel the same way:redface:
And in year 10 i had the guts to ask a girl out :eek: and she started talking to me more
But the inner player in me decided to ask her friend out as well :rofl:

Now i just overthink and dont talk to many girls and am focused on my education and a plus side of not being in a relationship is less heartbreak and more money to spend on yourself:colondollar:
Reply 221
Original post by ravioliyears
:colonhash:

What would you say, then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's ridiculous - I have lots of female friends, with no romantic interest. You can't generalise about everyone.
I didn't want a relationship really. :/ I truly just wanted friends.
Original post by loveleest
What is so bad about a 18 or 19 year old not having a boyfriend/girlfriend? Aren't they not still young? Or am I just missing something lol?

Maybe they haven't met the right one? Focusing on their studies? They are uninterested in relationships?

That is exactly how I feel when I read all the anon threads, like am I missing something???
plenty of people who are simply too shy

also, anyone who isn't aiming in the right point on the social hierarchy in high school is never going to get a boyfriend/girlfriend
I was just never interested in one until 18 tbh. And it still requires some degree of confidence which many people lack throughout their teenage years.
Original post by Moonstruck16
B sounds like some sort of wild animal society 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't too far off that to be honest :lol: By far the weirdest school I've ever been to :tongue:
Original post by RobML
What would you say, then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm. Something along the lines of 'no'
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
That is exactly how I feel when I read all the anon threads, like am I missing something???

Remember that many of those threads (majority) are troll threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brixton drill
What you said was so cliche! I've heard it many times, and this doesn't necessarily apply to you but.

Normally people who say "they ain't got time for relationships", are the people who normally can't get into one in the same place.

Just saying.:tongue:

Perhaps. I've been asked out before but I just don't want to get into a relationship, especially at this time of my life I just don't want one.
If you'd have sat down and actually thought for 5 minutes you could've probably worked out the answers for yourself.

I just don't understand why people go on anon and complain about it as though the time you get somebody is somehow important.
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Perhaps. I've been asked out before but I just don't want to get into a relationship, especially at this time of my life I just don't want one.

I agree no-one should be in a relationship when your studies should be your priority. And being in a relationship at a young age can be overwhelming especially with all the roller-coaster of emotions involved. It can cause you to obsess over that person and drift from your studies and you'll end up a failure with a broken heart. Trust me I should I know. :/
Original post by Brixton drill
I agree no-one should be in a relationship when your studies should be your priority. And being in a relationship at a young age can be overwhelming especially with all the roller-coaster of emotions involved. It can cause you to obsess over that person and drift from your studies and you'll end up a failure with a broken heart. Trust me I should I know. :/

I know plenty of people who are in relationships and can balance between their work life/ social life etc and have a bf/gf. Although it can be a bit of a distraction. Regardless of what age you get into a relationship, you're going to have the risk of having a broken heart tbh. I'll get into something with someone if I feel like it can last and its worth having, so many platonic relationships nowadays and I don't want to be in one of those.
I didn't have a boyfriend until was 18 after I left sixth form for a number of reasons:

1. I wanted to do well in my A levels and I didn't want a boyfriend to distract me
2. There was no one at my school I liked, I have high standards and I wasn't just going to settle for anyone just for the sake of having a boyfriend
3. I was really shy at school so not many boys spoke to me. I did get hit on my all the weird nerdy guys though and I did kiss some of the popular guys at parties
I didn't have a gf in school though some asked me out :lol:
I think im just not likeable. Im nearly 18 and no one has ever had liked me! and when I try talking to guys I just get friendzoned or they ask me about my stunning friends... in conclusion im ugly AF aha
I was more focused on distancing myself from the ruthless bullying I was subject to than finding a boyfriend. Finding a partner doesn't tend to be the first thing on your mind when you're suicidal as a result of bullying
Original post by TheGreatImposter
I know plenty of people who are in relationships and can balance between their work life/ social life etc and have a bf/gf. Although it can be a bit of a distraction. Regardless of what age you get into a relationship, you're going to have the risk of having a broken heart tbh. I'll get into something with someone if I feel like it can last and its worth having, so many platonic relationships nowadays and I don't want to be in one of those.

Well maybe I am the only one then that finds it hard to juggle studying and relationships.

You sound like you'd want to be in an arranged marriage? but I couldn't do arranged though.
Original post by Anonymous
Well I'm a 17 year old male - in a mixed-sex state school - and I've not had a girlfriend, despite asking people out; nobody is at all interested, and at this point I'm presuming that'll continue throughout the years to come.

It's very easy to understand how people can get to 18 and have not had a relationship, at least for me, and OP's comments about it being incredibly simple even for the worst of people aren't exactly what I like to read about at this point.

I know that feeling, although it's because I'm weird and asexual that I get rejected.

Latest

Trending

Trending