The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
Who here is good at essays, or has done any research based stuff at masters/PhD level?

I can vaguely remember that someone said they were doing further education..

Pls, this is quite urgent

you have to use the hamburger model

Spoiler

Zurich's essays are xenophobic rants
Reply 2242
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Zurich

Ain't gonna get in touch with him.. I wonder whats happened to him

@little_wizard123 maybe?

I just need to ask something to someone who is good at essays
Original post by SA-1
Ain't gonna get in touch with him.. I wonder whats happened to him

@little_wizard123 maybe?

I got a B in GCSE English, what's up?
Reply 2244
Original post by difeo
I got a B in GCSE English, what's up?

What is the difference between your and you're
Original post by SA-1

if only there was a forum designed for students for this kind of purpose, with designated sub-forums for such things:colonhash:
Original post by SA-1
What is the difference between your and you're

I said B not A
Reply 2247
Original post by difeo
I said B not A

Bloody immigrant
Original post by SA-1
Who here is good at essays, or has done any research based stuff at masters/PhD level?

I can vaguely remember that someone said they were doing further education..

Pls, this is quite urgent

Go on.
Reply 2249
Original post by little_wizard123
Go on.

I love you, buddy.

So my essay requires me to critically appraise published evidence to suggest effective strategies for family support in the context of a brain injury.. because it is thought the good family support means that the longer term outcomes for someone with a brain injury are better.

I've found research studies, I've appraised them and now I'm at the part where I bring it all together to suggest effective strategies [based on the research].

I also work for an organisation who provide services for people with brain injuries, and we've recently been looking into developing programmes that will support families.

The strategies that I found in my research are essentially the strategies that we are planning to use.. So I wondered if I could add something in the discussion of my essay - were I essentially speak about what we are planning to do, and how the research backs that up.

Thing is though, the question specifically asks for strategies based on published evidence and while the strategies that we will use are based on published evidence, there isn't any evidence to suggest that.. specifically, our strategies will be effective.

It's quite a dangerous territory, because it'll mean I'm going beyond what the essay is asking for but at the same time, I'm also moving away from the question.

It's about wanting to add something unique to really push my mark into the 80s, but I'm not sure if it'll bring it down because I'm not doing exactly what the question is asking.

Thoughts?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly
I think the contentious point is going outside your house. If you're gunna get all technical about it, nobody really owns their house, ownership belongs to the Crown. Know Yourself.

So if we're saying the crown owns all the land, you never really leave your house, do you?

Unless you go abroad.
Original post by zKlown
So if we're saying the crown owns all the land, you never really leave your house, do you?

Unless you go abroad.

In Paris, aside the small courtyards opposite Colette, it is rumoured to be difficult to find a pattern cutter. So why would one want to go abroad?
Original post by SA-1
I love you, buddy.

So my essay requires me to critically appraise published evidence to suggest effective strategies for family support in the context of a brain injury.. because it is thought the good family support means that the longer term outcomes for someone with a brain injury are better.

I've found research studies, I've appraised them and now I'm at the part where I bring it all together to suggest effective strategies [based on the research].

I also work for an organisation who provide services for people with brain injuries, and we've recently been looking into developing programmes that will support families.

The strategies that I found in my research are essentially the strategies that we are planning to use.. So I wondered if I could add something in the discussion of my essay - were I essentially speak about what we are planning to do, and how the research backs that up.

Thing is though, the question specifically asks for strategies based on published evidence and while the strategies that we will use are based on published evidence, there isn't any evidence to suggest that.. specifically, our strategies will be effective.

It's quite a dangerous territory, because it'll mean I'm going beyond what the essay is asking for but at the same time, I'm also moving away from the question.

It's about wanting to add something unique to really push my mark into the 80s, but I'm not sure if it'll bring it down because I'm not doing exactly what the question is asking.

Thoughts?

You say what you do is based on published evidence that is shown to be effective. So how is that different to what you do? I think I'd write about what the place you work at does, but mainly just as an alternative source of research application. If you've specifically changes something that's published for a reason, this could then be added as a way of discussing the ineffectiveness of that particular publication - you are asked to critically appraise it after all. (I presume if you changed something then there was evidence elsewhere to suggest this was an effective thing to do).
Reply 2253
Original post by little_wizard123
You say what you do is based on published evidence that is shown to be effective. So how is that different to what you do? I think I'd write about what the place you work at does, but mainly just as an alternative source of research application. If you've specifically changes something that's published for a reason, this could then be added as a way of discussing the ineffectiveness of that particular publication - you are asked to critically appraise it after all. (I presume if you changed something then there was evidence elsewhere to suggest this was an effective thing to do).

So the literature out there suggests effective interventions that, when broken down, become:

1. Brain injury awareness/lectures/seminars
2. Facilitated discussions

Which is what we are planning to do. They're more like the two ingredients to an effective intervention - we're just going to do them in a more deliverable way for our current cohort of patients/clients. Does that make sense?

So the stuff that we will deliver will include the above, but will be done differently to how its been done in the past (and there have been quite a few way its been done).
Original post by swirly
In Paris, aside the small courtyards opposite Colette, it is rumoured to be difficult to find a pattern cutter. So why would one want to go abroad?

To leave the house?
Original post by zKlown
To leave the house?

I think you're confusing the concepts of ownership and occupation xoxo
x

After dropping MBDTF to universal acclaim, and following up with the world tour of WTT, I think during that small window of time, possibly just before Cruel Summer dropped, Kanye has genuine claim to be the #1 Rockstar in the world, for that window of time.

thoughts.
Original post by swirly
After dropping MBDTF to universal acclaim, and following up with the world tour of WTT, I think during that small window of time, possibly just before Cruel Summer dropped, Kanye has genuine claim to be the #1 Rockstar in the world, for that window of time.

thoughts.

but really tho...

I think he has sufficient grounds to make a claim for it, Im not saying he was; but he can make a decent claim to it.

Carly Rae is just a meme to music.

Latest