The Student Room Group
Not surprising. Now begins his pivot to the centre to appeal for the presidency.
Original post by Mathemagicien
But why has the media completely ignored Ted Cruz, who is much more right wing than Trump in every way imaginable?

Because he has the support of the party/establishment. US media has tried its best to portray Trump as a nutcase, whilst on the other side trying to bring down Sanders too. Clinton/Cruz are the run of the mill candidates whereas Sanders/Trump are appealing to the disillusioned tired of the same old same old.

I don't disagree with you however. Cruz is much more dangerous than Trump.
I have been realizing that Trump really isn't that bad compare to the others.
I guessed there was a decent chance Trump would eventually 'pivot to the center' as MrDystopia said. I was starting to doubt myself with some of his adviser appointments and the mishaps at the rallies, but it seems that guess has ultimately borne out. And despite his extreme comments on specific issues, this isn't the first time he's shown a hint of being more centered than his opponents. Take his stance on Israel for instance; he was the only member of one of the early debates who advocated a more neutral position in favor of compromise.
Original post by Venusian Visitor

Its amazing how a bit of research can turn your opinion
His supporters are the most peaceful of the lot.
Unfortunate I think he's going to get JFK'd
I agree with Trump, and I think it's good that he actually thinks about things for himself, rather than being a fully-paid up Republic right out of the cookie cutter. I still think he's a chump, but I respect him for that.
Original post by Venusian Visitor

Compared to Cruz, he's a saint. Really, Trump is quite libertarian in many ways. I'd definitely vote for Trump over the other Republican candidates, and I'd find it difficult to choose between him or Hillary. Bernie would get my vote though.
Trumps actions are not republican. They say he will unite both parties. He will. He'll be tough on immigration but allow gays and abortions. Cruz is a "proper" republican. Why doesnt he get any stick from the media?. The only ones who do bash him are those who are "in the loop".
This is coming from a Republican. (If i was in the US)
But why has the media completely ignored Ted Cruz, who is much more right wing than Trump in every way imaginable?

Because Donald Trump spews hatred, Ted Cruz is just your typical Republican candidate.
Trump, despite his populist rhetoric, is probably the most socially centre Republican presidential candidate for decades.
Right... then why is Ted Cruz attacking Trump for being too Politically Correct? Might that say something about who is more extreme...?

I was answering your question about the media coverage, not about "political corectness". It's been said by many, including Ted Cruz, that Trump is just using hatred to try and get his point across. Hatred of muslims, hatred of Mexians, primarily. All his leadership would do is take America back as a nation (and break the 1st amendment cough cough).

As for the issue on "political correctness", it might be because Ted Cruz wants to throw everything in at Donald Trump to make Trump seem like a worse candidate and suggesting "political correctness" as it may not appeal to the Republican voters. I'm not trying to suggest that Ted Cruz's policies are better than Trumps, the bulk are more or less the same, but what Trump does is incite the hatred in people towards muslims, blacks etc.

Quick Reply

Latest