The Student Room Group

How to move on when they ignore you?

been talking everyday non stop for over a month and a half and now i've been ignored. its been so long of talking, wouldn't say i feel attached, but i was enjoying the conversation and now its over because he hasn't whatsapped me back. how can i stop checking my phone all the time and get over it? its really annoying because i don't understand why he would just not reply all of a sudden when he has been for so long... so confusing
How long has it been since you messaged him?
But youre gonna have to keep occupied! That will take your mind off of him and you will soon forget about him.
Maybe even have a look around for another guy and see if theres any you like.
But youre just gonna have to do youre best to keep your mind occupied so that you dont think about him at all!
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by FireFreezer77
How long has it been since you messaged him?
But youre gonna have to keep occupied! That will take your mind off of him and you will soon forget about him.
Maybe even have a look around for another guy and see if theres any you like.
But youre just gonna have to do youre best to keep your mind occupied so that you dont think about him at all!
Hope this helps!

It was about half 10 last night. He usually whatsapps me back within 3-4 hours. Always continued on the conversation for so long so really confused at why all of a sudden he has stopped.
So you're saying he's ignoring you... When it hasn't even been longer than 24 hours...
Reply 4
People change. Perhaps the saddest bit is the fact that sometimes you just don't know how to let go. You need to keep yourself busy and take your mind off him. Don't worry over time, he'll leave your memory :console:
Original post by qwerty16652
It was about half 10 last night. He usually whatsapps me back within 3-4 hours. Always continued on the conversation for so long so really confused at why all of a sudden he has stopped.

It's only been a few hours, I thought it was a week or two.

You sound obsessed, give him time, maybe he got caught up, and forgot to reply. There could be a countless amount of reasons why he didn't reply.

Give it time.
It's only been since yesterday that he has stopped messaging you, maybe he's busy?

Well its not been very long tbh.
I was ignored by a girl i liked for over a week until i queried it!
But give it a littlw while because he may be up to other things!
been talking everyday non stop for over a month and a half and now i've been ignored. its been so long of talking, wouldn't say i feel attached, but i was enjoying the conversation and now its over because he hasn't whatsapped me back. how can i stop checking my phone all the time and get over it? its really annoying because i don't understand why he would just not reply all of a sudden when he has been for so long... so confusing

Why so attatched to the fact he will message you back??
Crazy if you are getting het up when the contact was less than 24 hours ago. Loosen your grip and do seomthing else. if he gets back to you he gets back of he doesnt then move on. he might have had to go out, his phone could have died etc.
Original post by 999tigger
Crazy if you are getting het up when the contact was less than 24 hours ago. Loosen your grip and do seomthing else. if he gets back to you he gets back of he doesnt then move on. he might have had to go out, his phone could have died etc.

Original post by thefatone
Why so attatched to the fact he will message you back??

Original post by Rhythmical
It's only been since yesterday that he has stopped messaging you, maybe he's busy?

Original post by Brixton drill
It's only been a few hours, I thought it was a week or two.

You sound obsessed, give him time, maybe he got caught up, and forgot to reply. There could be a countless amount of reasons why he didn't reply.

Give it time.

Original post by Earl_Earl
So you're saying he's ignoring you... When it hasn't even been longer than 24 hours...

If it has been non stop all day for over a month and a half I understand his flow of texting. It has never been any longer than around 4 hours I'd say that he would take to whatsapp back. He is online on other social media so I know he is purposely just not replying. Just found it strange it has been ongoing for so long with him always trying to continue the conversation then all of a sudden nothing. I understand people can be busy and sometimes not reply, I often do that when I am at work but after talking for so long I understand how our conversation was flowing so I know I am being ignored.
(edited 7 years ago)
If it has been non stop all day for over a month and a half I understand his flow of texting. It has never been any longer than around 4 hours I'd say that he would take to whatsapp back. He is online on other social media so I know he is purposely just not replying. Just found it strange it has been ongoing for so long with him always trying to continue the conversation then all of a sudden nothing. I understand people can be busy and sometimes not reply, I often do that when I am at work but after talking for so long I understand how our conversation was flowing so I know I am being ignored.

Honesly imo you are being melodramatic and its probably nothing. If it is then I doubt id lose sleep over it anyway. Why not give him a call if you are that concerned? Dont be too needy its not a good look.

If hes onlune elsehwere then he chooses not to talk to you, that might mena he isnt as nice as you used to think. I hate to tell you but lost of boys in the future arent going to turn out being as nice as you think either, so take it steady and dont go overboard too early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending