The Student Room Group

How to ask someone out?

I want to have a relationship with someone, but I don't know how to actually "ask out" someone. How does it actually work?
Well first of all make sure they know you well enough and you've gotten to know them too, nothing worse than pre emptive asking out as it could have a less than favourable impact for future attempts

So once you're on good terms and think she at least likes you a fair amount, the key word is "should"

Pick something that you know she'll like/agree to like a film/a lunch/a coffee date but use the word "should" and make sure you add "date" after if you want to make your intentions clear

Like "we should catch a film insert name here, are you free this friday?"
Reply 2
Flirt a bit to judge interest. If there is an inkling of interest go for, 'Would you like to go for a Coffee / drink with me'. There's also a ploy to invite her to a group activity, if she attends it gives more flirting opportunity and to seek out a proper date, if she doesn't she's probably not interested but it's a less embarrassing blow out.
Reply 3
doesnt matter how u drop it if she likes u back she'll go out with you. But "should" shows that its necessary rather than placing it all on her by asking
[video="youtube;zoo9Vu1a9bU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoo9Vu1a9bU[/video]
Original post by Anonymous
I want to have a relationship with someone, but I don't know how to actually "ask out" someone. How does it actually work?

Can you provide an honest answer? Why do you want to date her specifically? Are you guys friends/close and you barely know each other? More than that, if you know each other, what sense do you get of how she sees/feels about you?
First off you need to make sure that shes definately the one for you!
Then just get to know her and become friends with her, but not great friends.
Then maybe become a little more playful around her and do some flirting with her/ tease her a bit.
Then when you feel comfortable enough with the situation, make your move and ask her the question!

I don't know if you are male or female?

This person needs to show signs that they are interested in you. Otherwise they'll shut you down.

Do you know if he/she is interested?
Go up to them and say.....

Hey! I just meet you!

...and this is craaaaazy!

...but here's my number!

...so call me maybe!

Works everytime :yep:
Reply 9
Original post by Trail-Blazer
Can you provide an honest answer? Why do you want to date her specifically? Are you guys friends/close and you barely know each other? More than that, if you know each other, what sense do you get of how she sees/feels about you?

We don't really hang out due to being from different social groups but whenever I am near them, they do nearly all the signs of being interested, but since I'm shy I have no idea what to do or how to flirt
Original post by ForestShadow
Well first of all make sure they know you well enough and you've gotten to know them too, nothing worse than pre emptive asking out as it could have a less than favourable impact for future attempts

So once you're on good terms and think she at least likes you a fair amount, the key word is "should"

Pick something that you know she'll like/agree to like a film/a lunch/a coffee date but use the word "should" and make sure you add "date" after if you want to make your intentions clear

Like "we should catch a film insert name here, are you free this friday?"

I like this idea, I will certainly try this
Original post by Brixton drill
I don't know if you are male or female?

This person needs to show signs that they are interested in you. Otherwise they'll shut you down.

Do you know if he/she is interested?

I want to stay as anonymous as possible so I can't say. The person does do all the signs that they like me, but then again I am terrible at telling these signs correctly

You say do you want to go on a date with me

of course that's if you're like me and want to get straightforward and right to the point
I want to stay as anonymous as possible so I can't say. The person does do all the signs that they like me, but then again I am terrible at telling these signs correctly

Give me an example, what she/he does that indicates interest?
Original post by Brixton drill
Give me an example, what she/he does that indicates interest?

I keep catching them staring at me, they laugh every time I make any sort of joke and they smile at me every time they speak to me. They don't do it with anyone else from what I've seen. There's a few other things but I can't say since it's gender specific.
I keep catching them staring at me, they laugh every time I make any sort of joke and they smile at me every time they speak to me. They don't do it with anyone else from what I've seen. There's a few other things but I can't say since it's gender specific.

Well, from that description, it is possible (if you are not seeing only what you want to see.) I agree with ForestShadow. You can try that.
Whatever happens, don't loose faith, yeh. Don't force things either. Hope it works out first try. Would be smart to not do it around a lot of people though, to give both of you breathing space. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending