The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Adam_98
Exam is in just over 3 weeks and my teacher still hasn't finished the course lol at my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just self-teach it then.
Reply 81
Original post by Zacken
Just self-teach it then.

Not everyone has an apt for self teaching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by jjsnyder
Not everyone has an apt for self teaching.

Exams are fairly close and it's better than nothing. Plus it's a fairly important skill to prepare yourself for uni? It was more of a tongue-in-cheek suggestion than anything else. :tongue:
Reply 83
Original post by Zacken
Exams are fairly close and it's better than nothing. Plus it's a fairly important skill to prepare yourself for uni? It was more of a tongue-in-cheek suggestion than anything else. :tongue:

It is this is true, I feel like I need to prepare myself for being taught at uni considering how much self-teaching I have been doing lately!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
It is this is true, I feel like I need to prepare myself for being taught at uni considering how much self-teaching I have been doing lately!

I think you'll be just fine, I mean - if you look at the number of contact hours you have, most of your time spent learning is you going over your lecture notes by yourself and in a fashion 'self-teaching' yourself using those notes. Lectures have varying importance for students, for some they are essential and for others, not so much - I suppose we will figure out which ones we are once we get there! (frightening concept though, isn't it? Us actually being at uni.)
Reply 85
Original post by Zacken
I think you'll be just fine, I mean - if you look at the number of contact hours you have, most of your time spent learning is you going over your lecture notes by yourself and in a fashion 'self-teaching' yourself using those notes. Lectures have varying importance for students, for some they are essential and for others, not so much - I suppose we will figure out which ones we are once we get there! (frightening concept though, isn't it? Us actually being at uni.)

It would be frightening if I thought I was going to get in :wink: But yeah, I have 4 contact hours a week atm so it's weird but my contact hours will increase dramatically at uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would be frightening if I thought I was going to get in :wink: But yeah, I have 4 contact hours a week atm so it's weird but my contact hours will increase dramatically at uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

how haven't you finished the course? It's seemingly small imo compared to other modules
Reply 87
Original post by Rabadon
how haven't you finished the course? It's seemingly small imo compared to other modules

I have finished the course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh rip that was someoen else that said that lol
Reply 89
Original post by Rabadon
oh rip that was someoen else that said that lol

We haven't finished the course because for some reason my college only gives us 4 lessons a fortnight for FM whereas literally every other a level subject gets 9. Bit of a joke tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adam_98
We haven't finished the course because for some reason my college only gives us 4 lessons a fortnight for FM whereas literally every other a level subject gets 9. Bit of a joke tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 for all 3 modules??? damn lol wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol we finished the course like 2 months ago and we only started a few months into Year 13.
Then again there's only three of us in the class so we moved pretty quickly.
Reply 92
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Lol we finished the course like 2 months ago and we only started a few months into Year 13.
Then again there's only three of us in the class so we moved pretty quickly.

Self teaching all the way - Finished the course in my first week of school :P
Shame I can't do step unlike you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Self teaching all the way - Finished the course in my first week of school :P
Shame I can't do step unlike you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I self-taught FP2 which is great because I have access to the complex number/hyperbolic function questions in STEP and also it's a really fun module.
Reply 94
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Yeah I self-taught FP2 which is great because I have access to the complex number/hyperbolic function questions in STEP and also it's a really fun module.

Yeah they are useful questions :smile: I don't think STEP III would be feasible without FP2!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, only 23 days left until the exam, and it's my first one. Self taught as well which was a new experience, seems like it was just a while ago when I first opened the aqa textbook..
...[QUOTE]

Hi OP! Just to let you know I changed the date in the title for you :h:
Reply 97
[QUOTE="Corner;64464923" Fox="Fox"]
...QUOTE]

Hi OP! Just to let you know I changed the date in the title for you :h:

Thanks! Had been meaning to get that changed for a while :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Hi
Does anyone know how to plot only positve r values in a graphical calculator?
Reply 99
What are you guys doing after finishing all the past papers

Quick Reply

Latest