The Student Room Group

overrated?

Poll

Which do you think is most Overrated?

anyone else agree that the things listed below are overrated?

-Football
-The Weeknd
-Beyonce
-Swearing
-Arrow
-Rihanna
-The Kardashians
-The Jenners
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What about the Force Awakens?
Original post by Vikingninja
What about the Force Awakens?

that too, oh and Rihanna.
I'd like to add PrinceProsperity to that list :tongue:
Original post by PrinceProsperity

-Football
-The Weeknd
-Beyonce
-Swearing
-Arrow

I always thought The weeknd was underrated not overrated.

I think Air Jordans is over rated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Was literally just thinking about Beyoncé. It's really irritating when someone comes to you and says "OMG isn't she just the most beautiful girl in the world?" and if my answer is anything less than "OMG yaaaas!" then apparently it means you're jealous :tongue: As if. I know she's attractive in the eyes of others, but I've never personally found her attractive. I always found Kelly more alluring and still do.

To be honest, it strikes me as people jumping on a bandwagon. Again, she's good looking, but if so many other people didn't always talk about it, would anyone really obsess over her looks? Seems to me to be a similar thing with the Kardashians. None of whom I'm attracted to or would give a second look at if it weren't for the fact they're on my frickin news feeds every day.

Football, yawn. I like The Weeknd but I could live without it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EllainKahlo
Was literally just thinking about Beyoncé. It's really irritating when someone comes to you and says "OMG isn't she just the most beautiful girl in the world?" and if my answer is anything less than "OMG yaaaas!" then apparently it means you're jealous :tongue: As if. I know she's attractive in the eyes of others, but I've never personally found her attractive. I always found Kelly more alluring and still do.

To be honest, it strikes me as people jumping on a bandwagon. Again, she's good looking, but if so many other people didn't always talk about it, would anyone really obsess over her looks? Seems to me to be a similar thing with the Kardashians. None of whom I'm attracted to or would give a second look at if it weren't for the fact they're on my frickin news feeds every day.

Football, yawn. I like The Weeknd but I could live without it.

the kardashians are ruining this generation.
the kardashians are ruining this generation.

While I want to agree. They, like anything else, are only famous because people are supporting them and want to see them do what they do. Plus, it's not just one generation of people who support them. My mum loves them and so does my brother's girlfriend (who is older than me) and follows them religiously and neither of them are of 'my generation'. They've got fans from every walk of life despite the fact they're all talentless and irritating.

If anyone's to blame for them being in the limelight, it's the people who support them, not the Kardashians themselves. If people didn't demand to see them, they wouldn't be in the news every day. There are plenty of rich, talentless families all over the world who don't get as much coverage as the K's do.
Original post by EllainKahlo
While I want to agree. They, like anything else, are only famous because people are supporting them and want to see them do what they do. Plus, it's not just one generation of people who support them. My mum loves them and so does my brother's girlfriend (who is older than me) and follows them religiously and neither of them are of 'my generation'. They've got fans from every walk of life despite the fact they're all talentless and irritating.

If anyone's to blame for them being in the limelight, it's the people who support them, not the Kardashians themselves. If people didn't demand to see them, they wouldn't be in the news every day. There are plenty of rich, talentless families all over the world who don't get as much coverage as the K's do.

I agree, though I personally believe they're there for some darker reason.
I agree, though I personally believe they're there for some darker reason.

:yes: Yup, I can see that.
I haven't even encountered anything to do with Arrow or The Weeknd, so if that's what overrated is then what in the hell.
Agree with Beyonce :tongue:
Original post by Brixton drill
I always thought The weeknd was underrated not overrated.

I think Air Jordans is over rated.

I have to agree with that
**** off you **** arrow is amazing. I watch it often, it's irreplaceable...

Keep football on the list though.
(edited 8 years ago)

Football

No longer my thing and I fail to understand the appeal, but we all have our own interests, I suppose. :lol:

The Weeknd

I don't have an opinion on them either way, to be honest. I Can't Feel My Face When I'm With You was a decent song. :dontknow:

Beyonce

Yes. :yep:

Swearing

Never. :noway:

Arrow

Again, I have no particularly strong feelings either way. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

-Football
-The Weeknd
-Beyonce
-Swearing
-Arrow
-Rihanna
-The Kardashians
-The Jenners

the kardashians. OMG Kim stop being such a drama queen
What about Channing Tatum?
Original post by undercxver
What about Channing Tatum?