The Student Room Group

Would you intervene if you saw a woman hitting a man?

Scroll to see replies

Lol @ everyone saying they'd intervene when in real life they wouldn't do ****. To be honest, I wouldn't do anything because men are stronger than women. Gender equality has gone so far that we've forgotten to apply our own common sense.
No. I wouldn't get involved in other people's stuff.
Original post by BhagwanNoBhool
Someone with a past of being abused might not be emotionally capable to defend themselves

I can understand that, if you were being abused by your mother, or sister, or aunt. But if you're willing to take abuse from your girlfriend, there's something wrong there - I can't restore some poor man's self esteem by intervening on the streets on one occasion.

Then again, I feel largely the same about women who stay in abusive relationships, I don't see why they can't just leave. Maybe I'm a prick after all.
Reply 23
Would call the mandem for back up.
Roll up like
Original post by Souljer
If you saw her punch him in the face on the street and telling him hes worthless and when he gets home to bring the belt to her as soon as hes through the door?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would sneak up behind her grab he head, and smash it into the ground. I would laugh for a good 2 seconds the run away.

@everyone else replying in this thread
this is me

Original post by Rk2k14
Would call the mandem for back up.
Roll up like

I watched this so many times, that dude is so lucky he didn't hit the pole - ouch.
But that guy in the white hoodie rode it out so well
**** yeah I'd step in.

My cousin is gay and not long after she came out (and half the family cut her off) her girlfriend began abusing her. Barely anyone believed her because ten years ago domestic abuse amongst LGBT couples was something no one has ever heard of or was sure existed. I remember people saying "women aren't capable of domestic abuse." Whenever it was brought up and it scared me so much because so many men are bound to be keeping quiet about domestic abuse from female partners out of fear of being called "pussies".

The patriarchy hurts us all at the end of the day
Original post by TinyPhasma
**** yeah I'd step in.

My cousin is gay and not long after she came out (and half the family cut her off) her girlfriend began abusing her. Barely anyone believed her because ten years ago domestic abuse amongst LGBT couples was something no one has ever heard of or was sure existed. I remember people saying "women aren't capable of domestic abuse." Whenever it was brought up and it scared me so much because so many men are bound to be keeping quiet about domestic abuse from female partners out of fear of being called "pussies".

The patriarchy hurts us all at the end of the day

Lesbian relationships have the highest incidence of domestic abuse per couple, yet that's somehow the fault of the patriachy?!
:lolwut:
Okay then...
I would intervene!
It's wrong for them to get away with it!!
Just because she's a woman? Even as a girl I am disgusted by the double standards people have. If a man were to act in that way towards a woman, it's considered atrocious, but if a woman does that to a man then it's acceptable to cheer her on? Even if he turns out to be an awful person, she should not be beating him up and threatening him.
Reply 30
No ill join in.
Reply 31
I'd intervene
Reply 32
The problem is that they would actually do that then campaign for shelters for women and portraying all men as abusive.
I would rush in and try to incapacitate the man as quickly as possible. A pre mediated defence of the matriarchy
Original post by BhagwanNoBhool
Lesbian relationships have the highest incidence of domestic abuse per couple, yet that's somehow the fault of the patriachy?!
:lolwut:
Okay then...

I mean the stereotype that a women "isn't capable" of hurting anyone (Male or female) because we are seen as "loving" and "gentle" when of course some women are the total opposite of that. I mean that the patriarchy is responsible for that stereotype (and many, many others)

Quick Reply

Latest