The Student Room Group

How should i convince my friend to watch anime?

He calls me a weeaboo all the time :cry: He thinks anime is weird and fuxked up. I've told him anime is like a new medium with tons of genres but he wont listen. He won't even give death note a try :cry:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
He calls me a weeaboo all the time :cry: He thinks anime is weird and fuxked up. I've told him anime is like a new medium with tons of genres but he wont listen. He won't even give death note a try :cry:

Make him pay.... :colone: How dare he say anime is fuxked up?!
Reply 2
Tell him to watch Avatar: The legend of Aang

He'll spontaneously combust in awe and wonder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

Everyone that has only heard strange rumours about it pretty much says that. Give him some dark twisted one, like Monster. If he keeps refusing, then I guess he really just doesn't want to.
Reply 4
What a baka gaijin
Even if you show him good ones, he's probably going to refuse just because. Maybe ask him what his favourite genre is then find one in that genre to start with? Or offer to watch it with him. All the people I know who insult anime have never actually watched a full episode. They just base their dislike off prejudgement and random clips they've seen on youtube with no context. You might be wasting your time if he's one of these.
You have actual knowledge of anime so can debunk his assumptions of what he thinks it contains. Alternatively you could find a high quality series that doesn't have weird stuff in or fan service, and ask him to sit down and watch an episode with you.
Some people aren't going to like certain art styles or say genres in music even if they're wide ranging, you're likely wasting your time and frustrating you both.

Bruh, i got my friend into anime mwhahaha. Recommend an anime that they'd prefer, a genre. Or watch it with them, they will realise what they've been missing all their life :u: WEEB POWER.
Weeaboos must be stopped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sullyomo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blasphemy! That's not anime! :angry:
Original post by kkboyk
Everyone that has only heard strange rumours about it pretty much says that. Give him some dark twisted one, like Monster. If he keeps refusing, then I guess he really just doesn't want to.

I love monster! I really need to finish it but A2s are so stressful to enjot it :cry:
Original post by sullyomo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ang and korra are not anime (they look like it). you may as well call the boondocks anime if your going by that

but back to anime, I somehow got people into code geass ,yet having no luck with durarara and 00 & teketsu no orphans (former because it is too hard to explain the premise, latter 2 because they are gundam and most people think of the english dub for wing when they think gundam...not the best series in the franchise but not the worst)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
I love monster! I really need to finish it but A2s are so stressful to enjot it :cry:

I'm stressed to the point that I am reading every single manga I can find :cry2: I had completed 2 already this week, 3 the week before.
Highly recommend you introduce him to the Naruto Dub. I've found that dub helps people to relate to an anime more than sub does, as we recognise tones and phrases which are familiar to us. Give it a go!
Original post by kkboyk
I'm stressed to the point that I am reading every single manga I can find :cry2: I had completed 2 already this week, 3 the week before.

Aw haha Im watching loads of anime. Im leaving all the good ones like steins gate and FMAB for thew summer :smile:
Original post by HurtfulHarold
Highly recommend you introduce him to the Naruto Dub. I've found that dub helps people to relate to an anime more than sub does, as we recognise tones and phrases which are familiar to us. Give it a go!

Naruto? haha... hahahaha Thats a pleb anime!
Naruto? haha... hahahaha Thats a pleb anime!

Fight me.

Spoiler

Reply 18
tell him to watch a really normie filthy casual anime

something that everyone likes

he'll be disappointed by its normality
show him hentai and tell him it's a normal part of all anime.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending