The Student Room Group

Would you intervene if you saw a woman hitting a man?

If you saw her punch him in the face on the street and telling him hes worthless and when he gets home to bring the belt to her as soon as hes through the door?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Souljer
If you saw her punch him in the face on the street and telling him hes worthless and when he gets home to bring the belt to her as soon as hes through the door?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't you intervene if anyone was hitting anyone?
Of course, women shouldn't be treated differently, why should they get let off?
What are you on about with the belt?
Might do
Il stop the fight
Find the reason why has getting beat
If it is valid i will join in the beating :tongue:
Reply 6
Actually I'd stand back and enjoy the show. But if things turned deadly(let's assume she was a serial killer/professional in martial arts) I'd take a step forward.

Spoiler

Reply 7
Grown man should be able to defend himself against a woman, no?

If the dude was visibly shorter, skinnier, weaker, then I'd step in. Otherwise, there's nothing preventing him from just sucker punching her himself and walking away
I'd like to think I would, although it's probably impossible to say for certain until I was actually in that position.
My biggest concern would be accused of "manhandling" a woman if I did intervene
Original post by Another
Grown man should be able to defend himself against a woman, no?

If the dude was visibly shorter, skinnier, weaker, then I'd step in. Otherwise, there's nothing preventing him from just sucker punching her himself and walking away

Someone with a past of being abused might not be emotionally capable to defend themselves
I'd wait to see if he'd hit her back.
If she'd keep hitting him I'd look for an officer or something.
If there's nobody there, then I'd step in, first politely. Hopefully that will settle things.
If not, eh. Problem is, I hate cat fights, but if it must happen, ah well.
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I would. My sister has seen a girl beating up her boyfriend before, stepped in, and then the girl turned on my sister and went for her (luckily there was a bouncer/some form of door staff nearby, apparently the girl does it on a regular basis)
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Il stop the fight
Find the reason why has getting beat
If it is valid i will join in the beating :tongue:

Would you say that if it was the other way round? Stop a guy beating his girlfriend, find out why he's beating her, then continue if it's 'valid'?

Also, what would be valid in your eyes?
Reply 13
Original post by Vikingninja
What are you on about with the belt?

Lol really? Take a guess..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by celloel
Would you say that if it was the other way round? Stop a guy beating his girlfriend, find out why he's beating her, then continue if it's 'valid'?

If it was the other way round 5 white knights would jump on the man before he had a chance to raise his arm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
Lol really? Take a guess..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't answer my question.
Lol no. I'd laugh at the pathetic man.
Reply 17
the question is weirdly detailed but, yes of course I would. No one deserves violence, no matter their gender.
Original post by celloel

No

Not alot of things would be valid tbh:smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Souljer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physical violence is never acceptable.

We're not monkeys.

Quick Reply

Latest