The Student Room Group

Car horns only seem to get used by soft arsed drivers beeping for revenge.

I rarely ever see a driver use a car horn for its purpose of alerting their surroundings. Yet you get drivers who are being soft shits and using it just because you end up stuck when turning at lights and they have to wait a few seconds longer for you to go. Or for revenge. Drivers make mistakes with me but i dont beep them i just think what a fool and let them go.
Original post by indigofox
I rarely ever see a driver use a car horn for its purpose of alerting their surroundings. Yet you get drivers who are being soft shits and using it just because you end up stuck when turning at lights and they have to wait a few seconds longer for you to go. Or for revenge. Drivers make mistakes with me but i dont beep them i just think what a fool and let them go.

I dunno! I kinda see both kind of drivers I think... And when you say for beeping someone not moving at a green light, I personally don't see a problem with that... It's just alerting them to get the hell out of the way :biggrin:

Then again, sometimes I think that some drivers don't beep enough at times when they really should...
Reply 2
Original post by mobbsy91
I dunno! I kinda see both kind of drivers I think... And when you say for beeping someone not moving at a green light, I personally don't see a problem with that... It's just alerting them to get the hell out of the way :biggrin:

Then again, sometimes I think that some drivers don't beep enough at times when they really should...

No no actually beeping at green lights is fine as it has a purpose (to alert the driver), its usually just a friendly beep lol. Im talking things like when you get stuck waiting to turn right due to traffic, the other lights go on green and the cars dont want to wait a second or 2 for you to move. I try to avoid this if i can by anticipating but now and again in cities it just happens. Beeping an horn cannot make me move faster.

Then i had someone tail gating me (i was doing just over 30 in a 30 zone) and beeping me for not driving faster :/.

Im one of those drivers that doesnt beep much, only when the lights go on green and the driver in front doesnt move but other than this my horn would just be an expression of my anger so i dont see the point. Unless by beeping horns at other drivers we are trying to 're teach' them lol but most peoples intentions are just to express anger.
Reply 3

Nothing wrong using it for rebuke as we need to express our feelings as drivers too
No no actually beeping at green lights is fine as it has a purpose (to alert the driver), its usually just a friendly beep lol. Im talking things like when you get stuck waiting to turn right due to traffic, the other lights go on green and the cars dont want to wait a second or 2 for you to move. I try to avoid this if i can by anticipating but now and again in cities it just happens. Beeping an horn cannot make me move faster.

Then i had someone tail gating me (i was doing just over 30 in a 30 zone) and beeping me for not driving faster :/.

Im one of those drivers that doesnt beep much, only when the lights go on green and the driver in front doesnt move but other than this my horn would just be an expression of my anger so i dont see the point. Unless by beeping horns at other drivers we are trying to 're teach' them lol but most peoples intentions are just to express anger.

Ahh yeh, I see what you mean!! And yeh, I definitely agree about all the unnecessary beeping!! It's just a pain in the butt!

Yeh, I mean, I've had to beep a fair few people who've almost crashed into me on roundabouts and such, and been beeped at myself as well :colondollar:. Will admit that I think on two occasions, out of absolute fury at stupid driving I have beeped when it was probably unnecessary, but I think most have those moments...

My mum is the opposite though... I was in the car with her, and someone started reversing into her, and she just froze and didn't hit the horn. Needless to say, the next noise was the crunch of the other car hitting my mum's xD
Reply 5
Original post by IYGB
Nothing wrong using it for rebuke as we need to express our feelings as drivers too

You feel like expressing feelings, you dont need to when driving. Thinking about it I dont even express my feelings when im not driving lol (only with family) but i can control it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending