The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Omen96
It's the first stage of moving towards violent extremism

My mum wears a headscarf, she is nothing close to a "violent extremist" and never has been. Way to make assumptions on people you have never met.
Original post by cosmic angel
Your mum as well (I'm assuming she's a muslim)...?
I don't direct my resentment at the entire muslim populace, just the sheikhs and the clerics. And the wars and invasions.

Yeah she never really wore it when I was a kid and she's muslim

Nor do I :tongue:

It just shows how the right wording and fear mongering can change the beliefs of millions
Reply 42
Original post by Venusian Visitor
Damn shame, their girls were hot.

Our girls are still beautiful but not for showcase. And even then majority wore hijabs.
Reply 43
Original post by M14B
The Imperial European Governments moved out (I think)

Wow, this level of ignorance is actually quite impressive. If you really want to know why radical Islam appeared in Iran, just one case, see this: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/19/cia-admits-role-1953-iranian-coup
Original post by joecphillips
2 comments one asking what has changed in 50 years and another saying what they thought had happened.

Not everything is islamophobia or does islamophobia include all criticism?

No. I welcome genuine questions about Islam and the muslim world. I'm somewhat well equipped and I could do it for a living.

If I need to spell it out for you that OP was LOOKING for a fight then that's a conversation that I'd rather not have. Plenty more productive things to do with my time.

What is concerning is how you're passionately defending the OP's islamophobia after I've clearly demonstrated to you how he was looking to incite hatred. By the number of gems you have, it becomes even more apparent that you know how TSR works and you KNOW that this thread will end in islamophobes joining in speaking about the ins and outs of Islam. So why act so dumb?
Original post by yasminkattan
Well, according to Google, to civilise means to "bring (a place or people) to a stage of social development considered to be more advanced."
So I'm going to ask again, what is uncivilised about covering yourself, rather than showing your legs and cleavage?

Clue's in the word 'advanced' mate

Maybe I should walk around in a long cardboard box with just two holes for my eyes because that's just as civilised as wearing a dress
Original post by h333
Our girls are still beautiful but not for showcase. And even then majority wore hijabs.

Here here brother we have plenty of haram white totty to ogle now with the internet and tv anyway. Allah akcbar
Reply 47
Original post by Butternuts96
No. I welcome genuine questions about Islam and the muslim world. I'm somewhat well equipped and I could do it for a living.

If I need to spell it out for you that OP was LOOKING for a fight then that's a conversation that I'd rather not have. Plenty more productive things to do with my time.

What is concerning is how you're passionately defending the OP's islamophobia after I've clearly demonstrated to you how he was looking to incite hatred. By the number of gems you have, it becomes even more apparent that you know how TSR works and you KNOW that this thread will end in islamophobes joining in speaking about the ins and outs of Islam. So why act so dumb?

I know that people who start calling out something as islamophobic before anything truly islamophobic has been said is stifling the discussion, if you want a discussion over something don't start by saying this is islamophobic otherwise only people who are truly islamophobic will post as people will not want to be associated with it.
Reply 48
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Here here brother we have plenty of haram white totty to ogle now with the internet and tv anyway. Allah akcbar

Lol I am a girl.
Reply 49
Original post by Josb
LOL

Why?
Reply 50
Original post by h333
Why?

Afghanistan is such a nice place to live. :yy:
Reply 51
Original post by Khaar
You have a major inferiority complex. Calling yourself a Muslim, whilst looking down on your own God's laws just so you can pretend to be 'advanced'.

Indeed, she should not call herself Muslim. She sounds too intelligent for that.
Reply 52
Original post by Josb
Afghanistan is such a nice place to live. :yy:

If you are not joking then yes I agree. But obviously the wars have torn it apart. Yet people over there are happy. Although they are poor (there are rich also but you know coz of war..poor more).
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Women have tonnes of rights in Islam.. the right to be worth half of a male. The right not to drive. The right to be chauffered by a male relative when entering society. The right to have sex when their husband commands them too.

They can drive that rule only exists in Saudia Arabia
I wish more politicians would have the courage to take a stand against Islam
Reply 55
Original post by Khaar
If you define intelligence as simply wanting to wear or preferring revealing clothes such as some of those in the OP then your standards are pretty low.

The ability to challenge preconceived ideas is strong sign of intelligence to me.

I could ask you to prove that god exists and that he really told women to wear burqas, but I don't want to embarrass you.

Original post by Khaar
I know plenty of Muslims who'd most likely make you look stupid in comparison, although I reckon that's not very hard to do.

So you need to call other people to debate with me? Do you imply that you're not very intelligent compared to me?

Original post by Khaar
You're that master frog guy from the other failed forum right?

Yes, so?
Reply 56
Original post by anonwinner
I wish more politicians would have the courage to take a stand against Islam

They may not say it directly but they surely do have a problem with it and probs fear that it will spread more so there is the media to make it look as negative as possible.

But good luck with getting rid of it...sorry but truth will remain. And if it false then surely it will fade away.
It actually says in the quran that women are worth the same as men. They are equal but have different roles in society, and can be seen in our bodies. Men are designed to work long rough hours, as opposed to women.
Another interesting fact is that in the US suicide rates are higher than ever at around 7% and divorce at over 25%. On the other hand, in Islamic countries these are almost zero. Feel free to search and validate these facts online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by RegrettingAS
It actually says in the quran that women are worth the same as men. They are equal but have different roles in society, and can be seen in our bodies. Men are designed to work long rough hours, as opposed to women.
Another interesting fact is that in the US suicide rates are higher than ever at around 7% and divorce at over 25%. On the other hand, in Islamic countries these are almost zero. Feel free to search and validate these facts online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the burden of proof relies on you.
Original post by h333
If you are not joking then yes I agree. But obviously the wars have torn it apart. Yet people over there are happy. Although they are poor (there are rich also but you know coz of war..poor more).

You can't say that when you have no experience of living in Afghanistan on a long-term basis. No one would be happy living in a poor, unstable country with an Islamist insurgency.

Afghanistan is ranked one of the most unhappiest countries in the world (6th) along with Syria and some other East African countries. The Taliban have just launched a spring offensive which has killed and injured hundreds of people.

Afghanistan is the second largest source of refugees in the world. If they were truly happy they wouldn't risk their lives fleeing to foreign countries where they're treated like crap.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest