The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
because Relationships waste so much time especially at a young age and just cause People to get upset (not always)
Original post by AngryRedhead
I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.

The amount of butthurt on this forum is too damn high :toofunny:

Btw: I'm not talking about all those people who didn't want a relationship; but all those whiners on anon who whinge about not being able to get someone at 18-20

A combination of nerves, uglyness, and arrogance is what stymied my engagement with the female gender in school. Then when I moved to Scotland at 17 I felt more confident and exercised (never got particularly muscular) so the opportunity arose sometimes - and I did a lot of stuff but never had a girlfriend or a boyfriend. :smile: and never went the full sha-bang
I think often people are shy/not forward enough or dont know the correct way to be forward so are unsuccessful. Many girls who i knew fancied guys but they left it at that... they made no move. Many guys probably do this too. Then when you realise you arnt getting the attention as hoped you tell yourself that you arnt looking and focus on different things.
You mention same sex schools making someone exempt, yet by that same logic surely the only way in which NO ONE manages to get to 18 with no girlfriend/boyfriend is if there are an exact number of male and females in every school? (Or the exact number which allows for gays, but you get the drift)

The truth is, 'numbers of males and females' are only one contributing factor among infinite others that affect whether someone has a relationship by a certain age. Obviously the vast majority of them are individual based, whether it be through choice of whether or when they decide they want a partner, or if it involves personality traits/appearance factors that they do not have 100% control of. Or if they just haven't met the person that's right for them, other commitments... There are far too many to count, and to say that it can't be simplified by the fact they go to a single/mixed sex school would be the understatement of the century.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by indigofox
I think often people are shy/not forward enough or dont know the correct way to be forward so are unsuccessful. Many girls who i knew fancied guys but they left it at that... they made no move. Many guys probably do this too. Then when you realise you arnt getting the attention as hoped you tell yourself that you arnt looking and focus on different things.

I tkinda agree with that. But I also think that most pople don't act on things because they just want a relationship. Not the person they wish to seek a relationship with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 265
That's alright, I left school like 5 years ago, I haven't looked back :smile:
Original post by AngryRedhead
I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.

The amount of butthurt on this forum is too damn high :toofunny:

Btw: I'm not talking about all those people who didn't want a relationship; but all those whiners on anon who whinge about not being able to get someone at 18-20

i didn't have anything proper but i have never complained i would have liked it but it never happened it just focused me on my work more which is a good thing
I guess deep down I don't want to get hurt or used :frown:. I think that's why I haven't been in a relationship. Also I went to Church schools and at sixth form there were only a small number of boys.
social anxiety, maybe experiencing depression, low self esteem, low confidence, maybe not actively looking for one...
I usually focus more on hanging out with my friends and school. Plus 90% of the boys at my school that I have talked to who are into girls are all fu*k boys so I'll pass.
No one ever gave me the chance back when I was younger. Hell, still don't. For some of us the opportunities just never arise.

Other reasons include wanting to be single, focusing on studies/work, wanting to play the field etc etc. Nothing wrong with being single at those ages either, though for many people finding a relationship around that time is ideal.
Reply 271
21 years, and never even kissed a girl. Because im a worthless person.

Let me show my negative points:

- Extremely short (156cm)
- Overweight
- Dumb as a brick
- Poor
- Hate going to parties
- Have no talents or skills
- Failed at everything i've ever tried

Now my qualities:
- none

No sane girl in the world would like this. Not all people deserve to find love and happiness, some dont even deserve to be alive
Really? Your GCSEs are pretty bad.
Original post by anonwinner
Really? Your GCSEs are pretty bad.

Jeez no need for the call out😅
Tbf I thought her GCSEs were pretty decent. And in her defence, she did say she went to a bad school so I relate completely :biggrin:
Original post by revolver777
You mention same sex schools making someone exempt, yet by that same logic surely the only way in which NO ONE manages to get to 18 with no girlfriend/boyfriend is if there are an exact number of male and females in every school? (Or the exact number which allows for gays, but you get the drift)

The truth is, 'numbers of males and females' are only one contributing factor among infinite others that affect whether someone has a relationship by a certain age. Obviously the vast majority of them are individual based, whether it be through choice of whether or when they decide they want a partner, or if it involves personality traits/appearance factors that they do not have 100% control of. Or if they just haven't met the person that's right for them, other commitments... There are far too many to count, and to say that it can't be simplified by the fact they go to a single/mixed sex school would be the understatement of the century.

I agree, in my secondary school it was 69% boys and 31% girls. There are also a lot more girls than boys at my sixth form...
Original post by shawn_o1
Becoming a tsr mod isn't an accomplishment for you? Or resonating well with the sadistic lot wrt football? Me, I just waited for my chance in life and that is why I haven't posted a lot on tsr recently. Just a thought.

Maybe I should use that as a pick up line? :colondollar:

To be honest if something was going to happen for me it would have by now. There's a better chance of Lionel Messi signing for Aston Villa this summer than me ever getting to even kiss a girl, never mind anything further.
Low self esteem is a bitch when it comes to finding a relationship (and trust me I've tried)
Original post by nbdy
21 years, and never even kissed a girl. Because im a worthless person.

Let me show my negative points:

- Extremely short (156cm)
- Overweight
- Dumb as a brick
- Poor
- Hate going to parties
- Have no talents or skills
- Failed at everything i've ever tried

Now my qualities:
- none

No sane girl in the world would like this. Not all people deserve to find love and happiness, some dont even deserve to be alive

At least you could have a 10/10 face?
You don't understand how people can be unattractive, uninteresting and/or socially awkward?

If you don't understand this, then you must be saying you've found every person you've ever seen to be attractive?
Reply 279
Original post by Proxenus
At least you could have a 10/10 face?

I kinda could, but genetics decided my face should look like a giant cookie with buck teeth

Latest

Trending

Trending