The Student Room Group

Is it acceptable to go to the cinema alone?

Hi,

There's a few movies that look good this summer, but when I told people - most of them didn't like the movies, so I said "no worries I'll go by myself".
The horrified look on their faces !
"You can't go by yourself. You'll look like a complete weirdo".

Is it really that socially unacceptable ? 🙄

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TK_23
Hi,

There's a few movies that look good this summer, but when I told people - most of them didn't like the movies, so I said "no worries I'll go by myself".

Woo. Some things never change.

Yes it is okay to go alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TK_23
Hi,

i've done it a load of times hangover 2, hangover 3, the world's end, quantum of solace, skyfall, spectre to name a few
Reply 3
Original post by jamesthehustler
i've done it a load of times hangover 2, hangover 3, the world's end, quantum of solace, skyfall, spectre to name a few

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Impressive
Woo. Some things never change.

Yes it is okay to go alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some things don't! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TK_23
Hi,

I don't see a problem with going alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is one of those things where it's more sensible to do it alone.
Is it the opinion of strangers (in the cinema) or the horrified response of your friends, that inhibits you? Or both?
Its very common. I used to work at a cinema and the non kiddy films through the day time had loads of people by themselves.
I have done it before and my brothers started calling me a loner... I don't think there is anything wrong with it!
Yeah that's fine, don't worry about it :smile:
Hell, I'm going on holiday alone ~ embrace independence. :u:
If it is one of the quieter screenings such as at 6pm or in the afternoon, no problem at all. I have done this myself.
Original post by loveleest
I have done it before and my brothers started calling me a loner... I don't think there is anything wrong with it!
Yeh are a loner.

Original post by TK_23
Hi,

Hit me up anytime bbz xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Yeh are a loner.

Hit me up anytime bbz xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I've only done it twice :tongue: I actually prefer watching it by myself actually so call me a loner all you want :biggrin:
Yeah I have been by myself before its really nice you don't have to share your food and drink and get to spread out a bit :smile:
Original post by TK_23
Hi,

Who gives a **** if it is socially acceptable or not. It is your life so do whatever you want. Don't let the opinions of others stop you from going.
Original post by loveleest
I've only done it twice :tongue: I actually prefer watching it by myself actually so call me a loner all you want :biggrin:
Tbh takes a wee bit of balls. So +5 respect points.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Tbh takes a wee bit of balls. So +5 respect points.

It's just going cinema lol... it is normal to go by yourself. It's a solo experience after all
Helll yeah!! Something alone is better than nothing at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending