The Student Room Group

EPQ in Mathematics

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of doing a maths base EPQ (at our school we start is in July this year so we can research over the summer). I am currently in Y12 and I am doing Maths and Further Maths (C1, C2, S1, FP1, M1 & M2) for Edexcel.

I wondered if anyone could help me by giving any ideas that I could base my EPQ on. our teacher says it is best to pose a question as your title so it forces you to answer it in your essay which supposedly gives you more marks.

I'm hoping to do M3 next year too!

Thanks a lot :-)
Original post by BrandonF1407
Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of doing a maths base EPQ (at our school we start is in July this year so we can research over the summer). I am currently in Y12 and I am doing Maths and Further Maths (C1, C2, S1, FP1, M1 & M2) for Edexcel.

I wondered if anyone could help me by giving any ideas that I could base my EPQ on. our teacher says it is best to pose a question as your title so it forces you to answer it in your essay which supposedly gives you more marks.

I'm hoping to do M3 next year too!

Thanks a lot :-)

My mate did his on coding, and so did another girl in my further class, if that helps at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
My mate did his on coding, and so did another girl in my further class, if that helps at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks drandy, I hadn't thought about that tbh. What did they do with the coding subject in their EPQ if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by BrandonF1407
Thanks drandy, I hadn't thought about that tbh. What did they do with the coding subject in their EPQ if you don't mind me asking?

One of them taught a class to year 7s on it, can't remember specifics but I think he took them through basic commands etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
One of them taught a class to year 7s on it, can't remember specifics but I think he took them through basic commands etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like a really cool idea
You could teach them basics of python..
Original post by FailedMyMocks
You could teach them basics of python..

I enjoyed python, small basic in year 9 was fun though haha
Reply 7

Would you suggest an AS in AFM (D2, S3 and M3) or a maths EPQ. Both for enjoyment and for getting in to somewhere like Oxford/Cambridge.

Quick Reply

Latest