The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Any Pompey fans here, or anyone following the league 2 promotion race?
Original post by plasmaman
Any Pompey fans here, or anyone following the league 2 promotion race?

Seems like they are stumbling over the finishing line. Almost like they don't want to get a soft 3 points at the Ricoh next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Callum Camps scored a goal last night - minutes after the PA announced to the entire stadium he'd left his parking lights on in the car park.
Got a bad feeling about this end of season run in for Wednesday :colone:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Got a bad feeling about this end of season run in for Wednesday :colone:

Imho the team which finishes sixth just doesn't deserve to be in the PL.
KRO Birmingham fan here, who thinks we will smash Villa next season.
Huge, huge weekend in the Championship title race once again. The top six teams look sewn up - it's just a case of who finishes where. What does everybody reckon?

I hope Brighton get automatic, but I have a feeling Middlesbrough and Burnley will sneak it, and Brighton will be too gutted to successfully navigate the play-offs.
Original post by Mackay
Huge, huge weekend in the Championship title race once again. The top six teams look sewn up - it's just a case of who finishes where. What does everybody reckon?

I hope Brighton get automatic, but I have a feeling Middlesbrough and Burnley will sneak it, and Brighton will be too gutted to successfully navigate the play-offs.

Middlesbrough v Brighton on the last day of the season will probably decide who joins Burnley, who should seal promotion with a win over QPR next week. I am not in favour of play-offs and given that either Boro or the Seagulls will be up to 12-14 points ahead of the 6th place team, it would be rough justice if the third placed team did not go up via the play-offs.

As a Barnet fan it is mid table which is an experience I had forgotten about given recent seasons.
Original post by The Blue Nose
KRO Birmingham fan here, who thinks we will smash Villa next season.

I don't think it will only be the Blues who beat Villa next season.
Some awesome goals today, but I really enjoyed Brentford's four at MK Dons.

I rarely take pleasure in a team's downfall - and relegation is horrible - but I won't lose any sleep or shed any tears over MK Dons' plight.
Old cult hero Réda Johnson once again appears at a Sheffield Wednesday game which seems to have angered some of Coventry's fan base by not travelling with them today. Regardless it was funny to see him take his clothes off to reveal a Wednesday shirt :lol:
Original post by Mackay
Some awesome goals today, but I really enjoyed Brentford's four at MK Dons.

I rarely take pleasure in a team's downfall - and relegation is horrible - but I won't lose any sleep or shed any tears over MK Dons' plight.

Was at the game today - we didn't really deserve to lose, just some poor goalkeeping by our (2) keepers (should've just put Revell back in goal) and poor finishing by our strikers. :frown:

To be honest we've been expecting relegation most of the season as our team in the Championship is actually weaker than it was in League One last year (when we had Dele Alli, Benik Afobe, Will Grigg). :sigh:
Getting tight for the League one play off race.
Original post by Rock Fan
Getting tight for the League one play off race.

Barnsley should do it. They've got Colchester at home next weekend.
Original post by Mackay
Barnsley should do it. They've got Colchester at home next weekend.

I actually can't believe they might be in the play offs after looking like relegation certs...
I'd like Millwall to get promotion.
Original post by The Wavefunction
I'd like Millwall to get promotion.

They're going into the play-offs in some form.
Original post by Mackay
They're going into the play-offs in some form.

I don't think any team which lost to us after New Year should be going up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scunthorpe are suddenly in the mix, they have won the last four.
Original post by Rock Fan
Scunthorpe are suddenly in the mix, they have won the last four.

What they'd do only to have made sure Graham Alexander was in charge all season...

Quick Reply

Latest