The Student Room Group

Careers with MPharm degree?

Hi

I've been hearing a lot of negative stuff regarding the future of pharmacy ranging from excess pharmacists to government cuts. I am open to other career options, I've also heard that with a degree you can do anything, i.e. not stuck as a pharmacist for the rest of ones life. How true is this, what other careers could an MPharm degree get me into?

Thanks
Original post by SunTiger
Hi

I've been hearing a lot of negative stuff regarding the future of pharmacy ranging from excess pharmacists to government cuts. I am open to other career options, I've also heard that with a degree you can do anything, i.e. not stuck as a pharmacist for the rest of ones life. How true is this, what other careers could an MPharm degree get me into?

Thanks

Any general career. Depends on your interests.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Any general career. Depends on your interests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So even careers in engineering or investment banking are possible?
So even careers in engineering or investment banking are possible?

Engineering isn't general, you need an engineering degree.

Investment banking, yes.

Literally anything general: sales, IB, marketing, consulting, finance, advertising, PR, journalism, media, software development (if, you take the time to learn how to code), accounting etc
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Princepieman
Engineering isn't general, you need an engineering degree.

Investment banking, yes.

Literally anything general: sales, IB, marketing, consulting, finance, advertising, PR, journalism, media, software development (if, you take the time to learn how to code), accounting etc

Ahh I understand. Basically careers which are already competitive and ones which are already struggling with excess graduates. :s-smilie: Life is tough lol.

Oh well, thanks for the advice anyway. :smile:
Ahh I understand. Basically careers which are already competitive and ones which are already struggling with excess graduates. :s-smilie: Life is tough lol.

Oh well, thanks for the advice anyway. :smile:

Well, I did say general.. Which does imply anyone can apply

Life is tough man, just have to suck it up and apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Wouldn't you be eligible to apply for a chemist related role considering majority of your degree is chemistry?
Reply 7
Original post by vela1
Wouldn't you be eligible to apply for a chemist related role considering majority of your degree is chemistry?

As a chemist myself, the answer here is no.

Pharmacy doesnt contain anywhere near enough Chemistry to work as a chemist

However you may be able to become a Chemistry teacher providing your degree is 60% chemistry (depending on the university you go to)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending