J'aurais dû?
Original post by surina16
I should have x?
I know that I would have done = J'aurais fait
But don't know how I would form the above structure? Thanks :smile:

Basically :
I should have -> j'aurais
I should have done -> j'aurais faire
What is the context tho ? (Because it depends)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Basically :
I would have done -> j'aurais faire

Would j'aurais fait -> I would have done and then j'aurais faire -> I should have done? Curious:tongue:
Basically :
I would have done -> j'aurais faire

Thanks :h: i was planning on throwing this into my oral tomorrow so there isn't a set context. I would probably say something like "I should have revised" or "I should have tried to..." :smile:
Original post by Sparadrap2106
Would j'aurais fait -> I would have done and then j'aurais faire -> I should have done? Curious:tongue:

My bad , just edited my post I wanted to write "should" and not "would" ( :facepalm: )
You're right :yep:
Thanks :h: i was planning on throwing this into my oral tomorrow so there isn't a set context. I would probably say something like "I should have revised" or "I should have tried to..." :smile:

Sorry I wanted to write "should" and not "would" ! Just edited the post, sorry :colondollar:

I should have revised -> j'aurais réviser
I should have tried to -> j'aurais essayer de

I think if you put something like that it'll be perfect :wink:
Sorry I wanted to write "should" and not "would" ! Just edited the post, sorry :colondollar:

I should have revised -> j'aurais réviser
I should have tried to -> j'aurais essayer de

I think if you put something like that it'll be perfect :wink:

Thank you so much! :hugs:
Thank you so much! :hugs:

You just gave me my 9th gem :eek: :cry2: I love you :ahee:
And YW :h:
You just gave me my 9th gem :eek: :cry2: I love you :ahee:
And YW :h:

You just gave me my 7th! I love you more :ahee:
You just gave me my 7th! I love you more :ahee:

Omg :ahee: :girl:
:five:
Omg :ahee: :girl:
:five:

How woukd you say?

'At the end of the day, there's only so much we can do to protect our planet'

Thanks X
Original post by Pablo Picasso
How woukd you say?

'At the end of the day, there's only so much we can do to protect our planet'

Thanks X

À la fin de la journée il y a tellement de choses que l'on peut faire pour protéger notre planète

YW :h:
À la fin de la journée il y a tellement de choses que l'on peut faire pour protéger notre planète

YW :h:

Thanks
What's the difference between
en fin de compte and a la fin de la journée? My teacher said the latter is merely used by the French
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Thanks
What's the difference between
en fin de compte and a la fin de la journée? My teacher said the latter is merely used by the French

"en fin de compte" is more like "finally" and la fin de la journée" is litteraly "at the end of the day"
We use them both , because it's not really the same thing :3
(edited 7 years ago)

good luck with your oral:h:
"en fin de compte" is more like "finally" and la fin de la journée" is literally "at the end of the day"
We use them both , because it's not really the same thing :3

Oh mon dieu frenchunicorn ! Noooon ! In french when you hear la fin de la journée", it litteraly means "at the end of the day" (the end of the 24 hours) in english. BUT in english, when you hear "at the end of the day", it litteraly means "au bout du compte" or "au final" in french.

So it's "au bout du compte, il y a tellement de choses que l'on peut faire pour protéger notre planète".
Original post by Marie-Antoinette
Oh mon dieu frenchunicorn ! Noooon ! In french when you hear la fin de la journée", it litteraly means "at the end of the day" (the end of the 24 hours) in english. BUT in english, when you hear "at the end of the day", it litteraly means "au bout du compte" or "au final" in french.

So it's "au bout du compte, il y a tellement de choses que l'on peut faire pour protéger notre planète".

@Pablo Picasso my bad ! Never heard the expression before, I have mistaken , my apologies :girl:
Original post by Marie-Antoinette

Merci
@Pablo Picasso my bad ! Never heard the expression before, I have mistaken , my apologies :girl:

mdr pdp :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending