The Student Room Group

Best uni for audiology?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Yeh im surprised you didnt know, you work globally because theres such a demand for it. Even with a degree from the UK.

Really? That's good, especially if other countries pay more
Original post by maryamkhan60
Really? That's good, especially if other countries pay more

Yeh dubai has tax free only problem is i cant find any information regarding salary globally besides america. But im 100% sure that there are jobs
Yeh dubai has tax free only problem is i cant find any information regarding salary globally besides america. But im 100% sure that there are jobs

Yeah, there's going to be jobs everywhere. There's a girl that graduated from leeds and she travels to non developed countries/places that can't afford medical treatment and works as an audiologist.

Are you in your 2nd year of sixth form/college?
Yeah, there's going to be jobs everywhere. There's a girl that graduated from leeds and she travels to non developed countries/places that can't afford medical treatment and works as an audiologist.

Are you in your 2nd year of sixth form/college?

Yeh im doing my final year.
Yeh im doing my final year.

What subjects are you studying?
What subjects are you studying?

Bio psych sociology how about you?
Bio psych sociology how about you?

Biology, Psychology and Health and Social Care. Don't like psychology, 90% is about experiments and studies which makes it sooo boring
Reply 27
Biology, Psychology and Health and Social Care. Don't like psychology, 90% is about experiments and studies which makes it sooo boring

Wait till you start studying psychophysics - makes my head spin! :wink:
AUDIOLOGY at DMU came runner up in the category 'Teaching excellence' at the recent Guardian 2016 awards - no other Audiology programme in the UK has ever been nominated, so to come runner up in a category comparing all universities and all programmes, suggests that Audiology at DMU is one of the best....they are planning placement experiences abroad: Canada, America, Burma, India. Take a look at DMU global

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Complete University Guide 2017 Results - Southampton is ranked the number one university offering Audiology under the Aural and Oral Sciences category :smile: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Aural+&+Oral+Sciences
Original post by ayeeel
Complete University Guide 2017 Results - Southampton is ranked the number one university offering Audiology under the Aural and Oral Sciences category :smile: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Aural+&+Oral+Sciences

Sounds good until you look into how they rate/score them: it is based on the wider and excellent activities of the university and not the course - this is clear as it has one of the lowest student satisfaction scores for Aural and Oral Sciences compared to the other universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by advice123
Sounds good until you look into how they rate/score them: it is based on the wider and excellent activities of the university and not the course - this is clear as it has one of the lowest student satisfaction scores for Aural and Oral Sciences compared to the other universities.

Ah, you're right that this was the general rating for the uni. When you go to the site (http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2016/may/23/university-league-tables-2017) and search for BSc Audiology, Aston was first this year and Southampton second (Manchester third, Leeds fourth, Swansea fifth, De Montford sixth, Middlesex seventh - not sure why Sunderland wasn't on there).

Quick Reply

Latest