The Student Room Group

What do you guys think of massive immigration in West Europe countries?

i'm being serious here, Europe will be dead in the near future

European loves these "peaceful" immigrants and refugees with backwards culture way more than their own countrymen.

Swede and Germany is already fallen with massive amount of stockholm syndrome. don't you guys realize that you are being INVADED "peacefully"? and you guys welcome those INVADERS with open arms?

"cultural enrichment" crap, you guys are killing your own culture and identity.
where is your pride and dignity to protect your own homeland country?diversity is not equal good.

homogenous population > diverse population

1 strong united culture > 100 loose culture

i'm foreign student from south east asian ex-muslim (still muslim by ID card because my parents will probably hate me if i "officially" quit) and i used to admire and look up at west european countries, after learning these issues, now i'm sad and disappointed with you guys. how is this happening???

why is it so hard to protect your own country without being called "racist, xenophobic, islamophobic, intolerant, hate speech and thought" even though we have this so-called "freedom of speech"???? what's happened with western countries??????? too much left-wing hypocrites????

good if you can prove me wrong

Scroll to see replies

They have nice food
Original post by patrickstarfish
i'm being serious here,

Wow, a thread on immigration where people debate in good faith and listen to other points of view!

Europe will be dead in the near future

Oh.
Reply 3
I wonder how long this account will last, or how many previous accounts this one has had.

To answer your question, if the market demands more labour/immigrants, they're more than welcome.
Reply 4
I am depressed about it
i'm just being honest, curious and making use of our so-called freedom of speech and opinion
Patrick, have you even spoken to one immigrant in your life? You probably have, but you probably weren't really interested in his life anyway. Thing is, I do agree the mass immigration is a problem that all the countries have to tackle together, but calling them 'peasants' or 'low educated' doesn't really work, does it? We are all human and it is our duty to help others in need. If it was up to me, every citizen should contribute in some way or another to help does people in need.
i don't dislike immigrant, but i dislike mass immigration that can dissolve your own nation
The only failure is the failure to appreciate a new form of nationalism which is necessary to bind so many different groups together, what we could have is a very interesting British culture based on a variety of different faiths and backgrounds, what we do have is a society disgusted by its government and identifying with others instead, and therefore undermining its own interests and causing conflict.

To be British imo is simply to live in Britain and care about the welfare of all of its people. Under such a strict definition half the government should be hanged for treason.
(edited 7 years ago)
helllo dumachi/thecitizensact
I'm not against immigration but the fact that the migrant crisis is something that's unchecked, it's worrying and on Merkel's part, a gobsmackingly stupid move.

IS have been very vocal on how they're going to send jihadists posing as refugees into Germany and Sweden. And bring in a couple of million people who claim to come from a country which is constantly ranked one of the lowest in the world for gender equality, it's not going to go down well at all.
it's more like separation of cultures more than binding of cultures
and if your "being nice to help people in need" and "culture enrichment" bring cost more than benefit, then it's not ideal at all and should be stopped or at least strictly limited
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Metalfros
If it was up to me, every citizen should contribute in some way or another to help does people in need.

We already do that. It's called "National Insurance contribution".
Reply 14
Original post by BenC1997
I wonder how long this account will last, or how many previous accounts this one has had.

To answer your question, if the market demands more labour/immigrants, they're more than welcome.

There are million of unemployed people across Europe who could fill those positions and they are far closer culturally to Germany/Sweden so why not make it easier for them instead of importing millions from third world/tribal/medieval cultures that have nothing in common with 21st century Europe ?
Reply 15
i don't dislike immigrant, but i dislike mass immigration that can dissolve your own nation

If you're a foreign student ex-muslim then you just contradicted yourself by saying "your own nation".
Reply 16
it's more like separation of cultures more than binding of cultures

Are you implying that every single English native individual gets along with every other English native individual?
Original post by Erebor
There are million of unemployed people across Europe who could fill those positions and they are far closer culturally to Germany/Sweden so why not make it easier for them instead of importing millions from third world/tribal/medieval cultures that have nothing in common with 21st century Europe ?

It is already easier for Europeans to find jobs in Europe, in fact within the European Union it is actively encouraged.

Also, I didn't say we should import people from the third world, I said the market should dictate immigration.

The market is more likely to demand highly skilled people who can assimilate quickly, thus demand will focus on Europeans much more than the middle-east /north Africa.
Original post by HOLA255
If you're a foreign student ex-muslim then you just contradicted yourself by saying "your own nation".

because i truly curious and care about this european issue unlike some politicians?
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
The only failure is the failure to appreciate a new form of nationalism which is necessary to bind so many different groups together, what we could have is a very interesting British culture based on a variety of different faiths and backgrounds, what we do have is a society disgusted by its government and identifying with others instead, and therefore undermining its own interests and causing conflict.

To be British imo is simply to live in Britain and care about the welfare of all of its people. Under such a strict definition half the government should be hanged for treason.

Except that mass migration is causing massive problems and with our housing crisis and nhs barely holding together we really can't afford many people coming into our country. So of the people coming into our country need to be educated on western principles is well which also costs a lot of money (I'm talking about their shocking treatment of women).

Culture is great and all but seriously? If that's the only thing your concerned about you need to think again.

Quick Reply

Latest