The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
We have a better manager.
You haven't beaten us this season.
We got to a domestic cup final.
We're in a European semi-final.

But yeah, "some distance"...

Arsenal should have beat Liverpool Ramsey goal was not offside they robbed us. Cup final doesn't mean anything Crystal Palace/Watford will get to a final doesn't mean they are good. You will get stuffed by Villareal in Europa League and you don't know how far Arsenal would go in EL it is a lot easier than CL. The biggest thing with Liverpool is they don't have top players ever since they sold Suarez they have been a poor side.
Reply 6921
It's always cute when Liverpool fans try and beg others to take them seriously.
We're unchanged. Wilshere on bench. I fear the worst
Reply 6923
Original post by Lúcio
We have a better manager.
You haven't beaten us this season.
We got to a domestic cup final.
We're in a European semi-final.

But yeah, "some distance"...

You have the 4th best squad in the league and yet you're 7th. Klopp's had the majority of the season, pipe down.
Lol the fraud Coquelin dropped again, days are numbered.
Original post by AR_95
You have the 4th best squad in the league and yet you're 7th. Klopp's had the majority of the season, pipe down.

7687267 vs 3434433

btw no Chambers nor Gibbs on the bench. Sunderland be aiming at our full-backs then
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6926
JACK IS BACK!!!

****ing hell have we missed him.

Glad Wenger has taken time to get him playing again - lets hope his glass ankles don't crack up again ffs. He can be such an influential player for us if he remains fit
Original post by AR_95

Leicester, Manchester City, Arsenal & Tottenham all have better squads than Liverpool. I don't even think Liverpool have a better squad than we do, ours has just been appallingly managed. Klopp would be doing a lot better if he had De Gea instead of Mignolet, Shaw instead of Moreno, Martial instead of Lallana, Smalling instead of Lovren, Blind instead of Can etc.
Also, this is the best thing i've ever seen

https://www.facebook.com/afcvideos/videos/1010546549001042/
Original post by al_94
Arsenal should have beat Liverpool Ramsey goal was not offside they robbed us. Cup final doesn't mean anything Crystal Palace/Watford will get to a final doesn't mean they are good. You will get stuffed by Villareal in Europa League and you don't know how far Arsenal would go in EL it is a lot easier than CL. The biggest thing with Liverpool is they don't have top players ever since they sold Suarez they have been a poor side.

Football is full of "should've" moments. Teams get good and bad decisions all the time.

So you're saying that all cup finals aren't achievements because just this once there's a sub-par finalist?

Yeah true, we beat United and Dortmund but we're gonna get "stuffed" by Villarreal. Okay...

Your arguments make no sense so don't try to rationale things off as weakly as that.
Reply 6930
Original post by sr90
Leicester, Manchester City, Arsenal & Tottenham all have better squads than Liverpool. I don't even think Liverpool have a better squad than we do, ours has just been appallingly managed. Klopp would be doing a lot better if he had De Gea instead of Mignolet, Shaw instead of Moreno, Martial instead of Lallana, Smalling instead of Lovren, Blind instead of Can etc.

Fellaini instead of Coutinho, am I right?
Reply 6931
Original post by sr90

They don't, they've just performed better. I'd rank the squads in the league as :

Chelsea
City/Arsenal
Liverpool
UTD

Maybe swap UTD with Liverpool but Spurs and Leicester no chance have a better squad. Only thing you could say is Spurs have had a fit striker in Kane for most of the season, which is fair enough.
Original post by AR_95

4th best squad is a bit much tbf.

City, Chelsea and Arsenal and Spurs certainly have a better squad.
I'd say United are better too due to several players like DDG/Smalling/Martial.

Player quality wise we're superior to Leicester but they have exceptional chemistry and they're top of the league for a reason.

I think 6th is the position we should be at based on current squad. We're only 1 point off that place even whilst playing in Europe, so I don't think you really have an argument here.

Klopp has has the majority of the season but hasn't had a pre season and hasn't brought in a single player. Don't embarrass yourself with an argument that bad...
they make up for the "lack of quality" with team ethic, discipline, leadership etc. Most of what the entitled "big club" squads lack
Reply 6934
Original post by Lúcio
4th best squad is a bit much tbf.

City, Chelsea and Arsenal and Spurs certainly have a better squad.
I'd say United are better too due to several players like DDG/Smalling/Martial.

Player quality wise we're superior to Leicester but they have exceptional chemistry and they're top of the league for a reason.

I think 6th is the position we should be at based on current squad. We're only 1 point off that place even whilst playing in Europe, so I don't think you really have an argument here.

Klopp has has the majority of the season but hasn't had a pre season and hasn't brought in a single player. Don't embarrass yourself with an argument that bad...

Nope at worst you have the 5th best squad. They're top of the league because of a manager who's taken them there and the chemistry is because of their manager, not the quality of their squad (on paper at least).

Spurs don't have a better squad, not by any chance. The only players you would even take from Spurs are Kane and Lloris, the rest are disposable.

Anyways my point wasn't clear but there's no bad argument here. There's no guarantee Klopp is going to be an instant success in the league as soon as the next seasons starts, and there's no actual guarantee you'll get the signings you want. You don't even have the CL ffs, you're in the ****ing semi's.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
They don't, they've just performed better. I'd rank the squads in the league as :

Chelsea
City/Arsenal
Liverpool
UTD

Maybe swap UTD with Liverpool but Spurs and Leicester no chance have a better squad. Only thing you could say is Spurs have had a fit striker in Kane for most of the season, which is fair enough.

What exactly are you basing this on? To put Chelsea top after the year they've had is just laughable. Football isn't played on paper.

Are you the guy on FUT who just goes for players based on ratings?
Original post by AR_95
The only players you would even take from Spurs are Kane and Lloris, the rest are disposable.

Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen plus the two you've mentioned would all walk into Arsenals XI.
Reply 6937
Original post by sr90
What exactly are you basing this on? To put Chelsea top after the year they've had is just laughable. Football isn't played on paper.

Are you the guy on FUT who just goes for players based on ratings?

Based on the fact that their squad is the squad that just won the League last year, don't be an idiot.

Original post by sr90
Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen plus the two you've mentioned would all walk into Arsenals XI.

Lol you sound like the guy from the Daily mail a few years ago who said we should have signed Eriksen instead of Ozil
(edited 8 years ago)
Wilshere back. Can't wait to see him vs Ramsey at the Euros. This is football, this is mediocentro. #PostLikeWrighty

Buzzing that Jack is back in all seriousness.
He'll be stretchered off after 20 minutes.

Latest