The Student Room Group

My ex boyfriend blocking me

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up in February due to him having issues with work and family but have decided to remain as friends.

Throughout the whole of march till April last week we didn't talk, all of sudden randomly last week he text out of the blue and asking how is things, if I am still single and I still like him I was just avoiding the questions and try talking to him in general but obviously I have moved on long time ago.

The next day he blocked me off snapchat so I asked him why? on what app and didn't reply but have seen the message. I didn't get any deeper with it because I was too busy preparing for the exam but this week my mind told me to investigate this bizarre behaviour he been having when I check his instagram account he going out with new girlfriend mind you it doesn't bother me and good for him and his new girlfriend.

What bothered before that he didn't block me of no social media before but now he has new girlfriend start blocking me off from sanpchat and instagram but interestingly enough not what app. Why? and I was saying to my self what idiot why didn't you that in first place when we broke up.
This is what usually happens.

A breaks up with B
A uses B in the meantime for support
A gets someone new and blocks you

It's all just a selfish game to A
Reply 2
New GF doesnt like him talking to his ex. Very common and expected.
Reply 3
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
This is what usually happens.

A breaks up with B
A uses B in the meantime for support
A gets someone new and blocks you

It's all just a selfish game to A

That makes logical sense now. Thanks :h:
Reply 4
My guess:

He's still a little hung up over you, and as you were avoiding his questions, he now knows that nothing's gonna happen again so he's blocking you off to make sure that he can move on.
Reply 5
Original post by Reue

I totally agree with you 100%
Original post by Anonymous
That makes logical sense now. Thanks :h:

Yeah he's basically just a dick, having someone to lean back on for support and showing off to new girls (look at my ex isn't she pretty, oh well if he's good enough for her i'm good enough for him), then he cuts you out after because it makes it more complicated for him to have an ex in the picture while he's going out with someone new.

Good riddance he didn't have your best interests at heart.
Basically he moved on too and he doesn't want the past (you) around.
Reply 8
Original post by Alexion
My guess:

He's still a little hung up over you, and as you were avoiding his questions, he now knows that nothing's gonna happen again so he's blocking you off to make sure that he can move on.

I do understand where you are coming from but why hasn't he blocked me off what app that would of been the foremost social media you would of talked on the most with the exception of normal text and call.
Reply 9
I do understand where you are coming from but why hasn't he blocked me off what app that would of been the foremost social media you would of talked on the most with the exception of normal text and call.

Since he ignored your message, I'd imagine it's just holding onto a line of communication in case there's ever something he needs to talk to you / ask you about.

If things don't work out with his new girlfriend he'll go crawling back to you telling you they broke up because he stills love you or some nonsense.

If he did he wouldn't be with this new girl and he definitely wouldn't cut you off for her.
Yeah he's basically just a dick, having someone to lean back on for support and showing off to new girls (look at my ex isn't she pretty, oh well if he's good enough for her i'm good enough for him), then he cuts you out after because it makes it more complicated for him to have an ex in the picture while he's going out with someone new.

Good riddance he didn't have your best interests at heart.

I am gald anyway it was blessing in disguise.
You should block him off whatsapp no need for him to be in your life.
Original post by Alexion
Since he ignored your message, I'd imagine it's just holding onto a line of communication in case there's ever something he needs to talk to you / ask you about.

That true thanks very your help.
If things don't work out with his new girlfriend he'll go crawling back to you telling you they broke up because he stills love you or some nonsense.

If he did he wouldn't be with this new girl and he definitely wouldn't cut you off for her.

Which I have gut feeling that will exactly happen somewhere down the line. He doesn't know what he wants in the relationship world or just confuse.
Original post by chikane
You should block him off whatsapp no need for him to be in your life.

I do agree with that to some extent but just not my style to block people from what app unless something major happen eg cheating.
I do agree with that to some extent but just not my style to block people from what app unless something major happen eg cheating.

Just delete his number and conversation on Whatsapp i think he just wants to check what is going on in your life whether you have met someone. If he has a gf don't see why he is messaging you.
Original post by Reue

or he had expectations when he renewed contact and he had a tantrum when things didnt go as expected. he too umbrage over it.

OP youve said you moved on, so dont waste any more time. Blocking you is one of the few areas of power he had left.

ps what reue said ould be an equally plausible alternative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending